View Full Version : Bearing Holder

moto589
03-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Just made the switch from motocross to quads. Sign of getting old/er? Anyways, replacing all of the bearings on 01' 400ex. I have an aftermarket AJC H-10 bearing holder. When I took it out of the swingarm, there were no O-rings on it. In the manual, the stock bearing holder has 2 O-rings. Should this aftermarket bearing holder have O-rings?

exrider008
03-08-2006, 10:58 AM
mine is like that to. some aftermarket one's dont have them so dont wory about it.

400exrida06
03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
I bought a Rad bearring carrier around last June and when I was installing it I tried to put those o-rings on it because in the manual it showed those o-rings but when i tried installing the bearring carrier the o-rings just kept sliding off and there was no way the bearring carrier was going to go in there with them on so i just put it in there without them and i havent had any problems.

tprender
03-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Only the stock ones have the o-rings. The o-rings are supposed to keep the water from getting inside the outer area. But, most of the time it keeps the water in that does get by the o-rings and causes the bearing carrier not to turn when you want to adjust the chain.
You will find that you can still ride MX with a quad. Also, when you go riding you will find that you might just have some more fun riding. You will find that it takes just as much skill to ride a quad good as it did to ride a bike.