PDA

View Full Version : bleed front brakes

ride_red666
03-07-2006, 11:02 PM
how do i bleed the front brakes?

Racing Rice
03-08-2006, 06:31 AM
A mighty-vac is your best friend. You can pick one up at your local auto store.

These are cut and pastes from my SS Brake line install..

- Fill the reservoir with DOT4 brake fluid.
http://gallery.digitaldeviation.com/d/241-1/DSCF0670.JPG

** CAUTION: Do not let the reservoir run dry during this next step, if you do you will have to re bleed the brakes! Make sure the reservoir has fluid in it at all times! **

- Pump the lever for a couple minutes. You may see air bubbles coming from the holes in the reservoir. Connect the bleeder to the bleeder valve again. Open the bleeder valve and pump the bleeder until you see fluid coming from the bleeder valve. Check/refill the reservoir. Repeat this step on the other side. Continue this process until you no longer see air bubbles coming out of the bleeder valve.
http://gallery.digitaldeviation.com/d/243-1/DSCF0671.JPG

- Once there is no more air bubbles coming from the bleeder valve tighten both valves completely and reinstall the caps. Now go up to the brake lever again and pump it until there are no more air bubbles forming in the reservoir. The lever should have a nice firm feel to it.

WOLFPACK
03-09-2006, 11:24 AM
What we do is open the bleeder up and let them free bleed. keep your eye on the oil level. Then just bleed them the last bit the old fashioned way.

TheFontMaster
03-09-2006, 12:35 PM
What I did with my brakes is pump the brake lever for a couple minutes, then hold the lever in, and loosen the bleeder valve for a coupld seconds, then tightened it, pumped the lever a couple more times, and repeat. Do that untill you start to get fluid coming out of the lines with no air in them.

Racing Rice
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Thats the way I use to do it. It takes to long sometimes. If you just need to bleed a little air out of the lines it works okay. If you have NO fluid in the rez, that can be a real PITA. It look me less then 5 mins (including cleanup) to completely bleed the front end after adding new lines. The mighty-vac just saves so much time. The other way works too, it's just more dificult especially if your working by yourself.