PDA

View Full Version : Stock Pipe

ltrracer
03-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I was just wanting to know if anyone out there has a stock pipe for the LTR that they could sell me for pretty much close to nothing. I tried to take the peashooter out of mine and stripped one of the allen bolts and totally screwed my pipe up. So if anyone out there could sell me theirs for cheap as hell please post it.:(

03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
your mama sold me her pipes fur cheap as hell

KWAD GAWD
03-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ltrracer
I was just wanting to know if anyone out there has a stock pipe for the LTR that they could sell me for pretty much close to nothing. I tried to take the peashooter out of mine and stripped one of the allen bolts and totally screwed my pipe up. So if anyone out there could sell me theirs for cheap as hell please post it.:(
You're talking about buying a new stock pipe just because an allen head is stripped out?? Is it a bolt that holds in the baffle? Have you tried EVERYTHING to get it out? Use vice grips, drill it out, do something - but whatever you do don't waste money on another stock pipe. If you want another pipe, just buy a Yosh pipe.

KWAD GAWD
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by 450rhonda-dude
your mama sold me her pipes fur cheap as hell
Real mature. Are "Your Mama" jokes still cool in Alabama?

ltrracer
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
It was one of the allen bolts that holds on the cap over the peashooter and I tried to drill it out but the drill bit broke off in the hole and ended up having to cut the damn endcap off so thats history and the broken bit is still in the hole. If I could afford and yoshi pipe right now I would be all for it but I spent all the money I had on this bike.

DezSled
03-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Maybe you can try this. If there is enough of the stripped allen head to get at, get someone who can tig weld and weld some other bolt to the end. Then you can use whatever wrench (hex, allen, torx whatever you want) to unscrew that crappy fastener out. Then chuck it as far as you can yelling some explicative (insert your favorite bad word). Don't waste good money on a used pipe, buy a nice aftermarket one. This works well on pad pin bolts in the rear caliper of a trx250r.

ltrracer
03-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I would try that but I had to cut the head of the bolt off to get the endcap off but thanks for the advice.

03-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Keep an eye on ebay, someone that goes aftermarket will let their stock one go for $20 or so. Also check the classifieds section on this site.

mine
03-10-2006, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Are "Your Mama" jokes still cool in Alabama?

LMFAO rednecks :p :p :p :p :p

sweeeet home alabama ..............................i live at home in a trailor..........................,mom im coming home to you .hahahahhah

mine
03-10-2006, 06:22 AM
well actually this is marshmello on my school user acount and the guy across the street from me has a z400 and his bud just got a r450 and was riding it upand down the street. he said he already ordered a yoshi for it so next time i see him ill mention this to him.O HMF now makes a slip on so if you you dont wanna pay 5-700 for the full system just pic up a slip on.

Here http://hmfengineering.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469

spudss
03-10-2006, 06:30 AM
that is what I am looking at.. Either a HMF or Sparks pipe.. HMF slip on is only #289 and they are saying it makes more power than the yoshi.. Humm imagine that..Yoshi is a rip off..