View Full Version : How to find correct spring rates??

Adams747
03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I am looking for a source to find spring rate tables for front and rear suspension, crossover hieghts and valving.

I have already had my front and rear 450R shocks revalved and resprung and am not real happy. Instead of sending them back and forth until they are fright I would rather buy springs and spacers myself. Some of the tools I already have (nitrogen, fill valve etc.).

Thanks.

prepracing
03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
who did your rebuild ??? You would definitly need to ask a shock builder for that info. Derisi or C & D or GT Thunder would be my choices

Adams747
03-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I would rather not say on here, they did an o.k. job, justdoesn't suit me or my riding style. Just want to do them myself. I am not an amateur mechanic and have race car shock experience, just don't know spring rate combinations etc..

TBD
03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Adams747
I would rather not say on here, they did an o.k. job, justdoesn't suit me or my riding style. Just want to do them myself. I am not an amateur mechanic and have race car shock experience, just don't know spring rate combinations etc..
Springs and valving go together. You make a change with one you will most likely have to change the other.
You can do the same thing us suspension people do and that is test, test and more testing in order to create a data base to be able to get proper set ups. I'm sorry your's didn't come out quite right. Whatever spring info you get will put you in the same position because who's to say the info you get is right. Good luck.

dezertfreak
03-08-2006, 04:08 PM
hope this helps

Suspension worksheet (http://www.swayaway.com/Suspension%20Worksheet.htm)