PDA

View Full Version : Rebuildt stock shocks off of a 450R

trx469
03-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if a person could send the stock front shocks off of a 2004 TRX450R off to Works and be able to run +2 arms?

zrpilot
03-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes, but I would not send them to Works. I'd use GTThunder, Derisi, C&D (if their off a 450R),or TCS Racing. I think they will all do a better job then Works IMHO. Good luck

Ridin' Jesse
03-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by zrpilot
Yes, but I would not send them to Works. I'd use GTThunder, Derisi, C&D (if their off a 450R),or TCS Racing. I think they will all do a better job then Works IMHO. Good luck

I agree. I have heard alot of good about GT Thunder.

prepracing
03-07-2006, 07:36 PM

Definitly :macho plus I don't think works will even do work on factory shocks

trx469
03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Alright thanks for the help fellas...I didnt know what the best route would be for right now cz I'm goin to get my race season cut in half from my injury i recieved at work so I was just goin to get something to get me by for now(shock wise) and get those this summer...but Thanks again

03-08-2006, 07:35 AM

actuly i dont think tcs does fronts. i asked if they do and they tole me they only do rears and said to just go buy tcs fronts. thats what they tole me. i have the tcs rear converted shock and it works way better but i wish i could lower the ride hight more. it only allows you to ajust the ride hight about inch lower than the stock one will allow, also the rear for me it gave about 1.5 more travle

03-08-2006, 10:18 AM
send them to gtthunder

03-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
send them to gtthunder

yep, for sure :macho