View Full Version : cams

B-rad D
03-07-2006, 05:14 PM
thinking about buying a cam, what is a good cam, what is a beter stage 1 or 2 of hot cams?

quads14589
03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
ive done some reasearch because i might get a ex and get some cams but the stage to i think r better becuase they give you more speed in 5th gear.

flauge
03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I too want to know what the best cam is cuz i'm not sure. but i've noticed that the higher stage you go, the higher the lift and duration gets usually, which will give you more top-end.

PismoLocal
03-08-2006, 04:30 PM
If your a serious rider/racer and want the best i have heard that the hrc cam is the best money can buy for the 400ex, if your into motoX i would look into the stage 2 and 3 hotcams. I have no experience with the web cams im sure they are just as good as everything else but you have to get your rockers hard welded which makes them a little more on the pricey side.

04'400ex'er
03-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Stage one is a milder, bottom-end / torque cam. Stage two is a Mid-Range/ Top end cam. I have the stage two and the power comes on in the midrange reminescent of a two stroke. Slight loss in bottom end, but nothing making it unrideable in the trails. Go with the Stg. 2, you wont be dissapointed. Alot of people say it is not very good in the woods because of the mid-top power curve, but I ride lots of tight trails and hillclimbs and it pulls like a train.

if you need more assurance, DO A SEARCH!

TRX23rider
03-08-2006, 04:54 PM
yeah and if you already have a pipe that should make up for some of the loss from the cam(if there is even enough to tell)