PDA

View Full Version : what to use to clean puke out of a car

initall
03-07-2006, 04:48 PM
My son puked in my car, it went all over the seats and carpet. I did shampoo the seats and carpet many times, but it still smells.

If anyone has had this happen, what did they use to clean the smell out.

XCAdam89
03-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Febreeze maybe? This happened in one of my parents cars too a while back, they just washed them a few times, left the windows down and let them air out and their fine.

MOFO
03-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
Febreeze maybe?

This only covers the odor - does not get rid of it.

I would suggest finding a professional cleaning shop.

Hondadudeehhhh
03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
take it to get professionally cleaned. If you cant get thta done just clean it a few more times, then take a dryer sheet and whipe everything up with it. Someone was smoking in my truck over the weekend and i wanted the smell out so i just did that, now my truck smells awesome

bulkdriverlp
03-07-2006, 05:29 PM
as for the stain im not sure, for the smell there is such a thing called a "thermal fogger" its a big bronze color fogger like something whiley coyote (sp) would use. its gas powered with a long tube on it. it is used for fire damaged houses and stuff. fire it up, fill the car up with fog smoke and close the doors and let it sit. anybody heard of these things?

XCAdam89
03-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

I would suggest finding a professional cleaning shop.

I agree, they have special cleaning agents with "Bacteria" in them that eliminate the stain. It's basically a chemical reaction on a smaller scale.

coolex
03-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
as for the stain im not sure, for the smell there is such a thing called a "thermal fogger" its a big bronze color fogger like something whiley coyote (sp) would use. its gas powered with a long tube on it. it is used for fire damaged houses and stuff. fire it up, fill the car up with fog smoke and close the doors and let it sit. anybody heard of these things?

no but that would be a good joke or prank to put in someones car (and not while there drivign parked of coarse) were do u get this stuff like wat stores etc

FMF450R
03-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by initall
My son puked in my car.

ADVICE: Keep alcohol away from minors. :blah:

400exrules
03-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by coolex
no but that would be a good joke or prank to put in someones car (and not while there drivign parked of coarse) were do u get this stuff like wat stores etc

lmfao, i can see someone settin it off in their buddies car then runnin to him sayin..." HEY BOB YOUR CARS ON FIRE!!!!"

lol!:p

kssandduner
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I got a little intoxicated on my bday back in January, and ended up puking in my gf's car. It smelled sooo bad. We tried everything to get rid of the smell, but ended up taking it to turtlewax and got it detailed. It cost me $90!!!! It smells a lot better, but I still think I can kinda smell it everyonce in awhile. One of my buddies got all drunked up and puked on the dash of his car, it ran down the defrost vents!!! He said it stank for a lonnnnnnng time.

Joe

NacsMXer
03-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Check this web page out. Read the tips at the bottom too, you need to use either vinegar or ammonia to "kill" the smell.

http://www.ehow.com/how_10699_clean-vomit-carpet.html

Follow that procedure up with leaving a bowl of vinegar open in the car overnight with the windows up. Keeping an open box of baking soda inside the car somewhere also should help to absorb any residual odors that may remain.

I use this spray deodorizer in my truck called Ozium. You can find it at Walmart or any major auto parts store by the air fresheners. Really makes the car smell fresh by killing airborne bacteria and not just covering up the smell. It is used by hospitals for that same reason.

initall
03-07-2006, 08:01 PM
thanks

Quad18star
03-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Good luck getting the smell out .

I puked in the back seat of my buddy's van 2 New Years ago and it still friggin smells . That'll teach them to throw me in the backseat with the heat cranked after I've downed too many tequilla shots .

LTZ400rider
03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
simple green for the stain

flauge
03-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Resolve always works with me........

prepracing
03-07-2006, 09:28 PM
the baking soda on the carpet works quite well if you do it a few times

wheeltrax
03-08-2006, 10:48 AM
i see your in southern wisconsin. I know at one of my old jobs we used this chemical called ecolyzer from NASCO inc in New Berlin. Its a chemical that has helpful bacteria in it that kills harmful and odor bacteria. It works great. I know we used to get it in bulk. I dont know if they sell to consumers, but its worth a try.
(414) 422-9960 - thats there number.

PismoLocal
03-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Try peeing on it

big_saxy
03-08-2006, 11:28 AM
I am a professional automotive detailer so I get to deal with this kind of stuff every day. What you need to clean the puke out is something that has enzymes in it. The enzymes attach themselves to the food based particles in the carpet and devour them. Then to get rid of the enzymes you just use any degreaser you'd have lying around the house such as simple green or 409 or whatever. Then follow up with an air freshener. As far as finding an enzyme treatment in a store i'd suggest going to a place that rents "Rug Doctors" and they should have something that is enzyme based. Or maybe hit up a local detail shop and see if they'd be willing to sell you a quart of their cleaner. Trust me, that's the only way to get rid of the smell.

Lax
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Let Hydrogen Peroxide soak into it. I remember one time at someones house, after puking they put it on the carpet and it was fine.

red2004 TRX450R
03-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by big_saxy
I am a professional automotive detailer so I get to deal with this kind of stuff every day. What you need to clean the puke out is something that has enzymes in it. The enzymes attach themselves to the food based particles in the carpet and devour them. Then to get rid of the enzymes you just use any degreaser you'd have lying around the house such as simple green or 409 or whatever. Then follow up with an air freshener. As far as finding an enzyme treatment in a store i'd suggest going to a place that rents "Rug Doctors" and they should have something that is enzyme based. Or maybe hit up a local detail shop and see if they'd be willing to sell you a quart of their cleaner. Trust me, that's the only way to get rid of the smell.

i use to detail for a dealer ship and we would use stuff with enzymes in it. I dont know where you would get unless you are a pro shop.
We would all so use an Ozone machine to get rid of smoke odder and stuff but a good one is like $500.00 to $1500.00! My mom and my sister have one for the house, they were like $900.00 and i use it in my car every couple of months!

moto04racing
03-08-2006, 01:39 PM
go to a place that does carpet cleanings and get carpet lifter, that stuff works wonders on n e thing. it took red model paint out of our basement carpet after sitting there for 6 years. Also if you cant find that, try scrubbing bubbles for the stain and ammonia for the smell.