PDA

View Full Version : Inner Harbor, MD (aka Baltimore)

FMF450R
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Anyone been there?? I going this Fri-Sun. Staying @ Renaissance Harborplace Hotel.

Any clubs/nightlife in the area? Decent restaurants? Anything to see during the day?

I need a weekend away b4 I end up killing someone. :devil:
Stress level a little high.

ridered11
03-07-2006, 04:10 PM
i live in annapolis and have been there too many times to count

soo here is what i would say

food: Philips sea food, the chese cake factory, hard rock cafe, espn zone

things to do: the science center (very cool), the aquarium, and the espn zone

thats all i can think of for now, the fact that it's cold out kind of limits the things you can do

oh and stay out of the ghetto

FMF450R
03-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ridered11

oh and stay out of the ghetto [/B]

That's funny....The hoodlums run from me anyway. I seem to intimidate them.
:macho

PS: Don't worry, I got something for them anyway.

Thanx for the heads up. Looks like I'll be doing ALOT of drinking.

ridered11
03-07-2006, 05:14 PM
oh believe me, theres enough bars and taverns to do some drinking at down there:devil:

FMF450R
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
where do u reccomend? not into Rap/Hip-Hop scene!

XCAdam89
03-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I live about an Hour away but I go up all the time. They have some cool places up there. But yeah, the Ghetto is kind of spooky. (There's a street called "Gay Street" down there BTW :huh ) This might sound kind of stupid, but you have to check out the Discovery Store down there it's right on the harbor. They have a nice resturaunt above it, and you can mess around with a ton of stuff in there, it's pretty cool. They have a bunch of old boats and subs that you can take tours on as well right by the aquarium.

FMF450R
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
^

gbcap
03-08-2006, 12:44 PM
walking around the harbor is pretty cool. there is alot to do, lots of shops (and not just stuff for girls).

there is alot of history with federal hill and the constitution ship, an old sub and a coast guard cutter. there is the discovery center, imax theather, and the aquarium that they just added an awesome new section to.

if you want to drink and you don't like the 'clubs' you can go to fells point. it is walking distance from the harbor but a quick taxi ride would be suggested. go to max's or admirals cup. they are the best but there is some cool arse places down there. just chill relaxed type stuff. there is even a BIKER bar.

if you want the club scene that isn't too 'hip-hop' you can always hit up tiki bobs. they have a deck and HOTT bartenders. there is also a hooters right on the water in the harbor.

300exOH
03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I used to live just across the PA line from there. The Inner Harbor is a cool place. Phillips has awesome food and the aquarium is a must see. I've been on the USS Constitution a few times also. It was the oldest comissioned Navy ship in the US but it might be decommisioned now.

Just watch out for bag ladies taking wild swings at you with their bags. I threw out a small piece of a sandwich and almost got whacked for it by an old lady.:eek2:

cletusEX
03-08-2006, 01:53 PM
I hang out in Baltimore almost every weekend. I have a lot of friends down there and we usually end up at the bars in Federal Hill (pretty much the corner of Cross St and Light St). It's a couple blocks of nothing but bars. Fells Point is nice but a little older. The Power Plant is another area with a lot of bars but that is real young, like college and younger. As for the ghetto there are definitely some bad areas. And homeless junkies on god know's what aren't intimidated. Baltimore is always rated in the top 3 for heroin/crack use and homicide. Whatever you end up doing it should be a good time.

FMF450R
03-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Just watch out for bag ladies taking wild swings at you with their bags. I threw out a small piece of a sandwich and almost got whacked for it by an old lady.:eek2:

I'll knock that b*tch out! I KO'd a bum in SanFran after he grabbed my food bag @ 3am. I was buzzed & starving from being @ a wedding all nite. What a stupid mofo.

300exOH
03-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by FMF450R
I'll knock that b*tch out! I KO'd a bum in SanFran after he grabbed my food bag @ 3am. I was buzzed & starving from being @ a wedding all nite. What a stupid mofo.

lmao. I was only around 13 yrs old when it happened otherwise I might've fought back a bit. :o

dirt308
03-08-2006, 03:28 PM
I went down once last year for the music festival with my school. We had alot of fun but alot of ppl kept comming up asking for money saying they were deff by the end of the trip i wanted to kill them. The aquarium is fun and the science center was fun too. The hard rock cafe was really good and there was a sports bar that I don't remember the name of that was good too. Hope you have fun.