PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Installation.....

Kilabanshee
03-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Ok I just installed my barnette clutch a few minutes ago. I just want to check on the order and make sure everything is right. The clutch comes with two odd colored plates "green". One of these plates was slightly smaller then the other. I was told the one that is bigger in diamater goes first in the basket. The other thinner plates goes last in the basket. I just wanted to ask some of you people who've done this before and see what you say.

czrider263
03-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok I just installed my barnette clutch a few minutes ago. I just want to check on the order and make sure everything is right. The clutch comes with two odd colored plates "green". One of these plates was slightly smaller then the other. I was told the one that is bigger in diamater goes first in the basket. The other thinner plates goes last in the basket. I just wanted to ask some of you people who've done this before and see what you say.

I have never messed around with after market clutch's but from what you said it sounds right to me. Some poeple i heard say you can rebuild the clutch without the spring in the back of the basket. When you do finish putting the plates in make sure they are flush with the basket and torqe the springs with a torqe wrench to i belive 9lbs. After all that all you have to do is re adjust your clutch on the left side case. Hope your motor build up goes smoothly.

03-07-2006, 03:35 PM
ive never torqued nothing in my clutch...i just get them kinda tight

patrickj75
03-07-2006, 07:28 PM
i just put ina new Hinson basket and did a clutch plate mod i heard about....take those two little springs and the last fiber plate out and replace with a regular fiber plate. supposed to make the clutch last longer and work better. so far, so good.

Chango
03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I think the smaller one goes against the judder spring making it the first one in the basket .Also the little instructions say the smaller fiber is first I think?

Kilabanshee
03-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I called barnette earlyer in the day. I talked to one of their tech people and the guy sounded like he had no idea. He thought the thinner one was the last one in the basket. Thanks for posting! Anyone else?