PDA

View Full Version : time for car help

killen them all
03-07-2006, 11:27 AM
ok guys i waited a year on getting a car to make my raptor into a drag bike now that i only need to buy a oil tank i can start looking at cars my dad is paying for most of it he gets his bonus this mounth and he said its only going to be around $4,000 and he said i can eather buy a fixer with it or wait till june and have around $8,000 to spend on it so i think im going to do that here is my idea on what he gave me choces on a 90-95 300zx tt / 93-98 mustang gt / 93-96 bmw 325 / 92 mr2 turbo no matter what the cars have to be a stick

this summer i am getting a job at hollister and make some money to put some mods on the cars 1st the 300zx full greddy exhaust 18" rims full body kit tune the turbos send the head to nismo and have them do some head work get bigger blow off valves bigger valves K&N air filter that about it till out of high school maybe nitrous if i have the extra money

mustang gt mods superchager milll the head high comp pistons maybe a 347 stroker 18" rims saleen body kit port and polishe the head borla side exhaust k&n air filter and if i have money nitrous

bmw 325 turbo full exhaust have not found an exhuast for a bmw yet port and polishe the head biger blow off valves 18" rims body kit have nt realy thought about this cars mods yet

mr2 full greddy exhuastbody kit 18 " rims tune turbos send the head to trd to have it ported and polished bigger blow off valves inter cooler k&n air filter there is more but have not thought about it

what car do you think would be the coolest there is alot of street racing around he so thats what i will be doing with it

quadrcr161
03-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by killen them all

what car do you think would be the coolest there is alot of street racing around he so thats what i will be doing with it

a purple Geo Metro, if you plan on street racing you dont need anything else.

street racing is a waste of time, and have gotten extremly dangerous with more people going out to the events. its not if you get a ticket but when, and depending on how strict your local cops are you can get worse.

also if your wanting to mod a car, why put on a set of heavy oversized rims to slow you down?

killen them all
03-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
a purple Geo Metro, if you plan on street racing you dont need anything else.

street racing is a waste of time, and have gotten extremly dangerous with more people going out to the events. its not if you get a ticket but when, and depending on how strict your local cops are you can get worse.

also if your wanting to mod a car, why put on a set of heavy oversized rims to slow you down? the cops are not to bad there cops they do there jobs. andthe dangerous is what makes it fun the guys out here have it pretty organized

03-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Get a Mustang and total it in your driveway doing burnouts.

quadrcr161
03-07-2006, 11:53 AM
the cops are not to bad there cops they do there jobs. andthe dangerous is what makes it fun the guys out here have it pretty organized

they might be doing their jobs, but you will still be pissed, out of money and possibly have your car towed. as organized as you think it is, its not, you have that many people on the sides of the road and in the way some one will get hurt.

ive seen it, and heard about it. fights, shootings, hit and runs, cars getting totaled when trying to leave when the cops come. its not worth the risk. go to the strip or SCCA events.

killen them all
03-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Get a Mustang and total it in your driveway doing burnouts. wasnt there a guy on here that did that with lake a 1990 or that body style

and i have friends that race and nobody has got hurt

DieselBoy
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
LMFAO@PURPLE GEO METRO!

03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
wasnt there a guy on here that did that with lake a 1990 or that body style

and i have friends that race and nobody has got hurt Yea, mittimj totaled his car doing a burnout in his driveway. He hit a telephone pole then flew into a ditch. All doing a burnout in his driveway.

wantablaster
03-07-2006, 01:45 PM
If your going to get one of the imports dont just buy the big name parts theres alot of better stuff out there that you can look into dont just buy the stuff for the popular name. Look on
www.full-race.com they have alot of good performance parts that have the big numbers to back it up. And if you want to make your car fast dont waste your money on the body kits and big rims your just going to ruin them driving around hitting pot holes and stuff and they will just add weight.

But I would deffinetly look into the purple geo metro like quadrcr said.

Scott-300ex
03-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Street racing DOESN'T MAKE YOU COOL! Pay a couple bucks and you get to see your times.

Why the hell do you want bigger blow off valves so bad, so it makes it louder? Cuz they hardly will ever get used on a everyday driver. If you like it cuz the Outlaws and Pro 5.0's got it, that will never happen like that on your car.

Do you know a 93 Mustang is A LOT different from the 94-98's? 93 is Fox body.

And the 331's make more power than the 347's

Nitrous and a Supercharger? I hope you can say KABOOM cuz thats wut you'll be tellin all your friends wut happened to it.

Nitrous sucks anyway, only use it when you hit the button and then spend all the $$$$$$$$$$$ to refill it.

And your working at Hollister?
Get off this site right now.

:blah:

killen them all
03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
yeah i like the sound of the bigger blow off valves and big rims and a body kit makes it look cool

ilpadrino113
03-07-2006, 02:49 PM
go with an 86 BMW 538i and drop in a 3.5L i6. Up the compression to 11.5:1, new cam, port and polish heads, supercharge it, exhaust and all that and u'll be runnin low 10's. It's all fairly cheap too (more money for quad). I built mine for around $4000 and got the car for 1500. And ya, you don't want to run spray with a turbo/supercharger. And don't waste money on heavy rims and body kits that'll crack off the first time u really race it.

killen them all
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
go with an 86 BMW 538i and drop in a 3.5L i6. Up the compression to 11.5:1, new cam, port and polish heads, supercharge it, exhaust and all that and u'll be runnin low 10's. It's all fairly cheap too (more money for quad). I built mine for around $4000 and got the car for 1500. And ya, you don't want to run spray with a turbo/supercharger. And don't waste money on heavy rims and body kits that'll crack off the first time u really race it.

thanks it sounds like you know what yor talking about do you have any pic but those are the cars me and my dad both like besides the corvette but its hard to find a stick

MOFO
03-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Street racing is illegal.

If I ever saw you on a street my family drives on and your "street" racing, you can BET your last dollar you wont be able to drive a car anymore. :mad:

Take it to the track!

This thread is done.