PDA

View Full Version : new here, MISSOURI PEOPLE!

stang65pony
03-07-2006, 11:20 AM
hey all, im mike and very fresh to the boards. i was reffered here by a fellow rider. i live in st.charles missouri and ride a raptor 660r with dmc full exhaust. soon to have cam, proflow kit, new tires, nerf bars, etc. i was wondering if there are any members here that live close to me that would one day want to meet up and ride. i love going to st.joes and suttons bluff. but is there a place on this site dedicated to missouri? this is a big damn site lol

Loser450
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
district18.info

03-07-2006, 12:57 PM
ill be going to St. Joe for a weekend sometime this spring :muscle:

bwamos
03-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Welcome,
I'm from the Kansas City, MO area. Blue Springs to be exact. :)

stang65pony
03-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Loser450
district18.info

what do i do with this ^^^^^^?

Scott-300ex
03-07-2006, 01:48 PM
How the hell do you know about district18?

Cuz I live right in the middle of district 18. I go to all the races there, right in my frickin back yard.

District 18 is in IL, Bellville, Waterloo....

I'm a member on that though, Mushroomhead is my name.

I go to St. Joe as much as I can, which is like once a month if I'm lucky. We wanna have an exriders ride down there soon. Where the hell is Sutton Bluff? There's places down here like Little Egypt and I got brochures on a bunch of trail places around here, there's one where you get a slip and you can go cruise threw town on the roads LEGALLY!!! Yeh, you don't live to far away, 40 minutes prolly.

stang65pony
03-07-2006, 02:01 PM
suttons bluff is in the mark twain forest somewhere. near potosi mo i think. i dont know i jsut followed the directions lol. but i would be down for a flat river trip with exriders people!

DJJ450r
03-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey, I live in Granite City, IL and ride a lot at St. Joe. Theres also races held there. If you would like to race harescrambles check out www.mhscracing.com and www.hillbillygp.com . Theres a forum in the racing section about Missouri also.

Hondaexboy
03-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I live in pacific, MO
Ever been to flat Nasty, my friend goes there
there is also another one, I forget the name of
st. Joes is awsome!

jdwxv3
03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
Hey, I live in Granite City, IL and ride a lot at St. Joe. Theres also races held there. If you would like to race harescrambles check out www.mhscracing.com and www.hillbillygp.com . Theres a forum in the racing section about Missouri also.

What he said. There are a lot of Missouri XC racers on this site.

Later, Josh

Scott-300ex
03-18-2006, 12:14 PM
There's a harescrambles race at BET, it is in the district 18, I plan on racin there on the 26th!

miller821
03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex

I go to St. Joe as much as I can, which is like once a month if I'm lucky. We wanna have an exriders ride down there soon. Where the hell is Sutton Bluff? There's places down here like Little Egypt and I got brochures on a bunch of trail places around here, there's one where you get a slip and you can go cruise threw town on the roads LEGALLY!!! Yeh, you don't live to far away, 40 minutes prolly.
You talkin about Cloud 9, where you can ride on the streets. One of my buddys went down there, i'm pretty sure its in Missouri, but it sounds worth it if it is. He says theres a ton of trails, and when you run out of gas you can go to a place were they have gas stations like the ones you use to fill your car. Sounds SWEET!

YFZ450Ridr
03-18-2006, 03:58 PM
im in st. louis MO, not to far from you. i go out to st joe alot, decent riding. i was out there today and it was great, but somebody got hurt and an ambulance along was out there takin them away.

stang65pony
03-18-2006, 07:50 PM
holy ****! i was there too! i was there when the 2 ambulances were there and the helicopeter was flyin around and ****. i was on an 05 raptor 660r white and red with loud exhaust and a skull tail light and fog lights for headlights. funny co-insidences (sp). i plan on going again soon i went last friday aswell. maybe we can meet up one day.

hskers82
03-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm all in for a St.Joes trip.Give me a heads up on the date so I can get my bike ready

YFZ450Ridr
03-18-2006, 08:29 PM
when ever i go again, ill just make a post in open forum or pm you to give all you guys a heads up. thatd be sweet if some of us could meet up and ride.

Scott-300ex
03-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
You talkin about Cloud 9, where you can ride on the streets. One of my buddys went down there, i'm pretty sure its in Missouri, but it sounds worth it if it is. He says theres a ton of trails, and when you run out of gas you can go to a place were they have gas stations like the ones you use to fill your car. Sounds SWEET!

I guess thats it, cuz yeh, ridin to gas stations and stuff yeh. I need to find out how to get there.

James you and Randy should race XC in Bellville with me.

miller821
03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
I guess thats it, cuz yeh, ridin to gas stations and stuff yeh. I need to find out how to get there.

James you and Randy should race XC in Bellville with me.
Ya that place sounds awesome the way my buddy described it, but I dunno where its located so if you find any info. about that lmk. If its close i would love to go there.

Scott-300ex
03-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Ya that place sounds awesome the way my buddy described it, but I dunno where its located so if you find any info. about that lmk. If its close i would love to go there.

Word up *DELETED*

Hondaexboy
03-22-2006, 03:48 PM
the last time i was at at. Joes there was a ambulence and a helecopter there too.
they must be there a lot:p

stang65pony
03-22-2006, 06:07 PM
i plan on going up there again soon. maybe a week and 1/2. and mothers day weekend i am up there all weekend.

2001300exguy
03-22-2006, 07:44 PM
taht helicopter was for one of my buddies on a 490 dirt bike, he got sideways and burst his splean, they had to airlift him to the hspital and he was out of school for like 3 weeks. hes fine now and his parents are making him get a ltr450:ermm: i guess that worked out ok

nightrider05
03-22-2006, 10:05 PM
We go to st.joe every sunday so if any of you are up for riding just let me know. Last sunday two people on a 6 wheeler flipped doin donuts and one was flown out while the other signed a release so he didn't go..he just had a broken left arm, she had a broken right arm. They also flew someone out Saturday. We had a nice little chat with the park ranger about all of that. Anybody know what the point was of putting all that mulch towards the back of the park??

4wydnr
03-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Cloud 9 is a private campground that requires you to either have a memebership or be with a memeber. The 6,300 acres of trails are incredible. You can ride anywhere there is a trail or road. The campground does have a gas station and it's full service even for atvs.

Memberships can be bought for about$1000, but they are a lifetime membership. There are a lot of retired people that live there year round. I try to make it the about three times a year with my friend who pretty much grew up there.

z-mann
03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Mike is a slow *****... :P You know I am usually down for some riding.

stang65pony
03-23-2006, 06:22 PM
no idea what the mulch is for but makes for fun jumpin'!

miller821
03-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 4wydnr
Cloud 9 is a private campground that requires you to either have a memebership or be with a memeber. The 6,300 acres of trails are incredible. You can ride anywhere there is a trail or road. The campground does have a gas station and it's full service even for atvs.

Memberships can be bought for about$1000, but they are a lifetime membership. There are a lot of retired people that live there year round. I try to make it the about three times a year with my friend who pretty much grew up there.
Pretty pricy, but i've heard good stuff about it so it must be nice.

stang65pony
03-23-2006, 08:27 PM
where is this place that u speak of? would be nice to find another place to ride. i have been to a few with zmann but i like to ride all over

Scott-300ex
03-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Word has it that my buddy wants to go to st. joe this weekend on Saturday. 4-1-06. We usually leave early.

I'll let you know if its for sure, but we should all head down. I am up for some fast @ss trail ridin.

I got a yellow 300ex and he's got a red and white I think 98 Warrior. Might bring a KX100 along for another guy. I don't know he's bringin his friends so we'll see.

Think about it an let me know!

stang65pony
03-30-2006, 07:18 PM
i would be down with going but i need a new clutch for my bike. kinda pisses me off but **** happens. i also am lookin to get a cam for it too and some skids and stuff.

Scott-300ex
03-31-2006, 11:07 AM
We should be going for sure sunday!

Get there when the gates open

Yellow 300ex, thats me, the 98 warrior, a Z400, and who knows wut else.

If you see me come yell at me!

jeremy_283
03-31-2006, 01:06 PM
theres a lota cool places to ride........ just gotta talk to people..... salem,rolla-to much sawdust,steelville,grindstone,and others.............salem has a private track that not to many missourians :) know about ............. they recently put in a 70 foot ski jump

DEVINF450R
06-09-2006, 07:03 PM
the multch @ st.joes is there b/c they don't want us drag racing there b/c that is a major "traffic" area. too dangerous. but does make for som kick arse jumpin. there is a couple of sweet doubles in there if you look hard enuff. :macho

BlueArmyYFZ450
06-09-2006, 07:40 PM
dude this post was 2 months old......

let it die

but for the hell of it, im from missouri also, Eureka to be exact

I race D18 motocross in A class

Johnny & Monica
06-11-2006, 10:44 PM
exchamp#12 Do you race the Mo. series ? They be racing Parkhills Down by St. Joe state park really soon ? Look us up Monica will be the Blond with the camera an atvriders shirt on.

Punk'd
06-11-2006, 10:51 PM
I live in STL.. Excatly a hour from St. Joe.

DEVINF450R
06-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I know it was old but i posted the answer to the question just in case someone found the post in a search. Just feel compelled to help in what little way that I can haha.

Scott-300ex
06-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Where the mulch is they still left plenty of room for drag racin, they still left the strip.

I'll prolly be headin down in the next 2 weeks or so.

DEVINF450R
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah but the strip had some whoops in it when I was there and it was only 3-4 quads wide. most of the draggin was goin on the middle section that splits off the old drag. it was a shorter strip but it was much wider and ppl were lined up watchin on the raised-up sides. haha made it feel like you were in a stadium