PDA

View Full Version : places 2 ride in alabama

FAST400
07-22-2002, 05:54 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew of any good places 2 ride in alabama,an if there r any gncc races in alabama.

07-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Not sure where in Alabama you are but...I know of a few in central Alabama. There is "The Bowl" in alabaster, that is the best place I know of. There are huge hills, water crossings, jumps and trails. Ask just about anyone in the area with a dirtbike, atv or truck and they'll probably know where it is. Also there is the Cheaha area (from what I hear) and Kentuck ORV area. There are plenty of places just north of Birmingham just look for trails off of I-65 and people parked near exits. If you're in south AL, let me know. I can post a few places there also (I'm from Pensacola, FL). BTW we are going to be at the bowl this weekend so if you want someone to show you around let me know and we can meet up and ride!

FAST400
07-23-2002, 04:53 AM
i live in greenville,which is 50 miles south of montgomery.it is exit 130 off of I-65.i wish i could go up there this weekend an ride with u,but i flipped the 18 wheeler i was driving in march an fractured my neck..:(i had a 2 inch long titanium plate put in my neck,an the doctor has not released my yet.i am hoping by sept. i will b able 2 ride my quad again.

07-23-2002, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident...that would have scared the crap out of me. Yeah, I know where Greenville is, we've stopped there many times to get gas and eat on the way home from B'ham. Here are the directions to the Bowl:

From I-65 Exit 238:
Go left on Hwy 31;
Go left onto 119 at first light, should immediately cross RR tracks;
Travel approx 1 mile and cross another set of RR tracks;
Travel approx 1 more mile and turn right on Hwy 26;
Travel 5-10 miles until 26 ends on 17;
Turn right on 17;
Travel about the distance of 1-2 city blocks;
Turn left 270;
Veer left on 260, cross RR tracks;
Pavement ends on gravel road that leads into the bowl. Veer right at the fork, down a steep hill.

And Kentuck:
From I-65 in Montgomery follow signs to Hwy 231/21 North:
231/21 will take you all the way to through Talladega.
Talladega is the last town to get food and other supplies, so you better get what you need there.
15-20 miles after passing through Talladega on Hwy 21 North start looking for State Road 135;
Turn right on 135;
Travel 3-4 miles;
Turn right on Kentuck Road;
Turn right onto 643 and follow signs into the park.

FAST400
07-23-2002, 03:18 PM
i may have 2 try kentuck.my mother-in-law lives up in oxford,not far from talladega.is it like a state park with alot of trails or like a race style park.an what kinda riding is there in the bowl??lots of trails an hill climbs???

thanx 4 the info!!!
hope 2 soon b able 2 ride again!!!!!
an i dont remember anything about the wreck,but after i found out i almost got killed,it did scar the ***** out of me!!!!!!!!

07-23-2002, 03:59 PM
The bowl consists of tons of hills, a river crossing, mud holes, trails and jumps. It is not an organized track but people have been known to set up an area for racing. Kentuck is like a state park there is a bathroom and camping areas. All the riding is trails. Try not to go after its been raining, it gets very nasty.

Dave310R
08-12-2002, 03:08 PM
I've heard of this place near Huntsville called "Coal Mine Mountain". Has anybody ever rode there ? If so, what are the directions on how to get there ?

FAST400
12-02-2002, 04:58 PM
BUMP!!!

250R
06-10-2003, 02:39 AM
I know this is an old post, but I got board at work today so here I am reading six month old post. I used to live in AL and have ridden I guess everywhere there is to ride in North AL, from B'ham to Russelville. I have ridden Coal Mine Mountain, let me know if you are still interested.

shaneh
06-10-2003, 03:54 AM
I pm'd you.

400exrules
06-10-2003, 04:27 AM
hey what is coal mine mountain like because i live in western tennessee