PDA

View Full Version : Starting issue??

john.E.business
03-06-2006, 10:30 PM
K well went to start my bike today and it has always fired but it was always abit of a b#$% anyways usually you could hot start it and throw the choke on and it would fire... well anyways i came home at christmas from hockey and put a new full system yosh on and then took it out riding for 30-60 mins without it being jetted... anyways havent started it since and it was really being a ***** started a few times but it back fired hard a few times... i do have the spark arrestor out as well though?? i really didn't feel like dinking around with it today but i was wondering some opinions on this before i do?

chad cavagnaro
03-07-2006, 06:32 AM
you need to sell it!!! apparently you are not serious enough to do anything write with it. if you put a full system on it, didn't change the filter, or the jetting because your lazy, then you didn't need to change the exhaust at all. you have to do all three to make it run, start, and perform well or it could foul the spark plug or burn a hole in the piston. so unless your gonna complete the job, dont even do anything but leave it stock, or sell it to someone who will cpmplete the job. don,t mean to sound TOO harsh but you need to know what u are doing or leave it to someone who does.

03-07-2006, 06:40 AM
what he said^^^^

john.E.business
03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Well i guess i left out that yes i did buy and put on a k&n filter.. and i would have jetted it that day but like i said i only had one day and have never jeted so i was going to take it to the dealership to get them to show me how... but anyways i was just asking and i will take it to my dealership asap... and maybe i should sell it they said it was in the best shape of any of the bikes they had sold that yr so...but no im not going to sell it and if u dont have anything better to say don't post it cause if u gotta a problem chad u can come to edmonton and we'll sort it out....

03-07-2006, 09:54 AM
the dealership will show you how....for a measely $60/hour

john.E.business
03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
yea but then at least i will know how for the future which is all i need...

duke416ex
03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
there are plenty of post on here abou tjetting, read up on them and you should be able to do it yourself.

john.E.business
03-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Yea i searched lastnight and found some so i will try it out... as for the backfiring would that just be because of no spark arrestor?

czrider263
03-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Yea i searched lastnight and found some so i will try it out... as for the backfiring would that just be because of no spark arrestor?

bad jetting!

john.E.business
03-08-2006, 10:19 AM
so would that mean to lean of jetting i would think?

QuadRacer041
03-08-2006, 02:48 PM
if you need to use the hot start for it to start when cold and it back fires when you start it, your valves are out of adjustment.

Jonas
03-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Call someone that has a dyno and have them jet it for you. I would almost guarantee that one facet of your jetting or another will still be off after you try and jet it yourself. You might even end up stripping out something if your not careful. If you decide to do it yourself, take your time and do it right. The pipe should have come with some baseline jetting specs. If not, call Yosh and get them. They may even have a needle recommendation. Proper jetting is often much more than just throwing a main jet in it.

john.E.business
03-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Yea well the guys at my dealership are pretty good and they have done a few of there own bikes with the same pipe so they would know the proper jetting i think to play it safe i will go there... as for the valves it has always been this way ever since i bought it and have had the valves adjusted once or twice so they should be good...

QuadRacer041
03-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by john.E.business
Yea well the guys at my dealership are pretty good and they have done a few of there own bikes with the same pipe so they would know the proper jetting i think to play it safe i will go there... as for the valves it has always been this way ever since i bought it and have had the valves adjusted once or twice so they should be good...

well either they are still off or something else is wrong. adding a pipe and not rejetting is not going to affect your starting.

john.E.business
03-09-2006, 11:14 AM
yea but i have always had an issue and i think if i kicked it enough times it would start but i just didn't want to mess with it...

400excracer
03-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by chad cavagnaro
you need to sell it!!! apparently you are not serious enough to do anything write with it. if you put a full system on it, didn't change the filter, or the jetting because your lazy, then you didn't need to change the exhaust at all. you have to do all three to make it run, start, and perform well or it could foul the spark plug or burn a hole in the piston. so unless your gonna complete the job, dont even do anything but leave it stock, or sell it to someone who will cpmplete the job. don,t mean to sound TOO harsh but you need to know what u are doing or leave it to someone who does. Chill out dude! No need to be a d**k.