PDA

View Full Version : Beadlocks

OCCRA288
07-21-2002, 10:24 PM
I need some input on a 9in rear bead lock any brand pro's and con's of each, price, and the best place to get them.
here are the brand's i've narrowed it down to.

OMF
Champion
Douglas
Hiper

JhallettEX
07-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Narrowed it down? I think you pretty much listed them all! I would say go with the Hyper.

OCCRA288
07-21-2002, 10:31 PM
I left out ITP because I have some .190 fronts and I'm not too sure about their beadlocks.

warrior86
07-21-2002, 10:53 PM
Yeah ITP wheels are nothin but junk. I have had 190's all around and bent everyone of them jumping and i am a lightweight. I am guessing ITP beadlocks would do the same. Stay away from them.

user101
07-21-2002, 10:58 PM
go with champion douglas or omf carbon fiber on the cack would look ugly with 190's on the front. i would go with omf personally

Ex'r Marlin
07-21-2002, 10:58 PM
I have not heard any "cons" on the Champion beadlocks. I hear they hold up great, and they are not as pricey as some of the others.

I have both the Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks and the HiPer Beadlocks.

I think the Douglas look the best out of all you listed, and I like how they mount onto your hub... Just like your stock rims with the coutersunk holes for your lugnuts. Even though I feel I am pretty rough on my atv... I have a couple of flat spots on the inside of my 2 sets of rear rims. I wish I had some reinforcement rings on the inside of them!:mad: I think these are the most expensive rims as well.... Maybe a toss up with the HiPer.

I like the aluminum look on rims versus the black look of the HiPer rims, but I think if I had those colored rings on there, I would like them better, but still not better than the look of the shinny aluminum.:rolleyes: The HiPer 9" rear beadlocks I have got dual beadlocks!:cool: Not only does this add strength to the inside of the wheel, but makes putting on a taking tires off easy!:cool: Plus I think these are the lightest wheels of the bunch. These rims come with a 1 year warranty:cool: (no other rim does) and if a part does break on them, they are modular, where you do not have to replace the whole rim, only the part that broke!:cool:

Good luck shopping!

OCCRA288
07-22-2002, 08:33 AM
I'm thinking about going with the hiper 9 in and get rings for my front rims. If i get them I'll use spray on bed liner for the fronts.