PDA

View Full Version : hey guys new here

GIXXERGUY6
03-06-2006, 01:42 PM
I am looking to get a quad..and here is wut i am thinking.

my wife will be riding this also, so i don't nee power coming out the arse, i need something easy for her to ride. I am thinking about the new 06 250ex, and here is why i am thinking that....it has the new sport clutch that riders can use but don't have to use...and it will teach her how to use the clutch...i want a bike with a clutch and she need something like she is used to riding that you have to let off the gas and shift( older honda 3 wheelers)

now my question to you is if this thing seems too slow after a month of riding it or I feel i need more umph........I noticed powroll has a big bore kit(extra 20cc's) will it make that much of a difference? I know 40 cc's makes a huge difference, I have a crf50 with an 88 kit and it is a whole nother beast.

I know i should get me a 400 ex and her this 250 but right now my wallet can foot the bill for 2 new quads. so I will live with the 250 and get a big bore kit for it if I have to.

I will mainly riding this in a feild, in trails, forest, not racing....maybe some dune action but not much.

INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS FELLA'S

450r51
03-06-2006, 01:45 PM
scratch the 250ex deal. id go straight for the 400ex, u can find some slightly modded ones for dirt cheap these days. the 250ex will just be too small for you, and wont have enough power even with a big bore. id say find a decent 01 and up 400ex, and then buy a 250ex for the girl.

you could easily spend under 4500 on both quads if you can find them in ur area.

fast_enough
03-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
scratch the 250ex deal. id go straight for the 400ex, u can find some slightly modded ones for dirt cheap these days. the 250ex will just be too small for you, and wont have enough power even with a big bore. id say find a decent 01 and up 400ex, and then buy a 250ex for the girl.

you could easily spend under 4500 on both quads if you can find them in ur area.

I'm gonna have to agree with him, the 250ex will just not be enough. I'd go for a used 400ex, you can find them for dirt cheap, and they dont have ungodly power. Then you can get her a 250ex. But its all up to you. BTW welcome to the site, you'll love it.

BlasterEaten250
03-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Or maybe a 300ex. Power is between the 250 and the 400. Maybe you can even get an auto-clutch kit for the 300, (dont know if they make one)

Welcome to the site:macho

JRP
03-06-2006, 03:10 PM
ya i would go with the 400ex if i was you man... My friend had a 250ex and his mom rode it for like 3times and she thought it wasnt the fastest thing out there... And now he has a yfz. Id say go withthe 400ex!:macho Welcome to the site.:cool:

GIXXERGUY6
03-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I have ridden a 400ex with a 440 kit, and that was just way too much, so i know a 450 is out of the question, I need to find someone with a 400ex around here that i can ride...I can go down and jump on my buddies 250ex, he just uses it to pull his kids around the yard in the winter and to have some fun on in the trails around the house.

I have jumped on a 660 back about 4 years ago and it was cool............................and just recently I was out on a buddies yfz450 and that was smooth...wheelied nice and the power wasn't all up in your face........then jumped on his buddies drz400 and it seemed tamer than the 450.....

I want to stick to honda....and like I said I need to keep my wife in mind...cuz if i get a 400 she is going to be stuck to riding on the back until i get her a quad....I know she prolly won't mind but I want to make her feel like a part of it also.

I'll prolly go new when I get one in the next couple months, cuz i don't want to deal with other peoples problems.

and the price of a new 250ex( 3400 OTD is sounded pretty good compared to the 300(that has the same old out dated design for 4200 OTD) and a 400 for i think 4900-5300 OTD.......

does anyone have any vids of you guys screwing around on your 400's or 300's I know i have checked the vid section but can't find anything...and i have searched google and such sites and watched all that i have found lol....(i'm a video whore)

I have yahoo messenger if anyone wants to send me some.

mdnytecruiser

wilkin250r
03-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, the 250EX is shaft-drive. This REALLY limits the amount of modifications you can put on it, because you can't change the gearing.

Perhaps you get the 250EX right now, and forget the big-bore kit. When you're ready to upgrade, THAT is when you buy the second quad, preferably a 400EX.

This seems (to me) to be the best overall. You don't have to fork out for two quads right away. As her skill builds, she'll want to ride more on her own rather than riding doubles, and you two get to go out riding together.

416exfreak
03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
dude, dont get your girl a wimpy *** little 250, get her a 300ex, or warrior, and get urself a slightly modded 400, or an old 250r, they r still around and ill continue to be for another 20 years,

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!