PDA

View Full Version : a few questions before i purchase this.....

One_Bad_400
07-21-2002, 09:39 PM
first of all, i am ordering a silencer soon, i have been looking, but have not been sure what exactly to get. first of all, i want a k&n, cause it will give me a little more power, but i'm not sure that it will be the right airfilter for me, because i ride in really dusty areas and sometimes pretty muddy(but for those few occations i could change to the stock filter) but can the k&n handle the dust?

2nd......the kit i was going to order, which included the WB slip on, the k&n, and the spark arrestor, and for about 50 bucks extra i could get the DynoJet Kit, what exactly is this kit, and would it be worth $50.

last, but not least......about how much power(horsepower) gain would i get from the slip-on and the K&N, will it be noticable

thanx in advance for your help!:D

07-21-2002, 10:29 PM
H*ll ya you can tell the difference. but for dusty conditions i would go with a uni air filter. the dynojet kit is a kit including instructions on how to jet your quad including the jets. i think its worth it

Ex'r Marlin
07-21-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
but can the k&n handle the dust?

2nd......the kit i was going to order, which included the WB slip on, the k&n, and the spark arrestor, and for about 50 bucks extra i could get the DynoJet Kit, what exactly is this kit, and would it be worth $50.I found the K&N's to work great for me the last 5 years... Even in muddy, dust, and water conditions. I have always used the precharger cover that you can purchase to go over the filter, and I am very anal about keeping the air filters clean and properly maintained. I have multiple K&N's, so that I am never out of a ride due to needing my filter maintenanced. I recently went into the engine of my 99 400, and it still looked great inside.

Note: I have heard good things about the Uni air filter though too. I don't know too much about them... But from what I hear, they maybe less maintenance... And still perform better than the stocker.

The dynojet kit maybe a wise choice... Otherwise, you will have to purchase the jet(s) and pilot(s) seperately... Which should cost less.

kicken250x
07-21-2002, 10:47 PM
yes the k&n will handle the dust and mud i ride really long dusty roads behing a warrior a banshee and and a modded out blaster banshees blasters and such behind us also passing and sliding all over the place. my k&n holds up fine plus i have the outerwears cover. look at it after every ride to be sure it is ok and doesnt need cleaning. you have picked a verry good pipe!! i have one and i notice a huge difference over stock with the pipe and filter. no dont go spend the 50 bucks for the jet kit just go buy like the next 3 or 4 sizes up from stock incase you decide to get anything else for you quad that needs rejetting for.
and then you should be all set for now... just my 02...

Castor-426ex
07-21-2002, 10:50 PM
yeah Id bet my life on my k&n filter, Ive got the outerwear, and I ride in all sorts of terrain....sand, mud, you name it...
never had a problem

oj250r
07-21-2002, 10:54 PM
my buddy has a k&n wit a yoshi pipe and it sounds good and runs great..:huh

One_Bad_400
07-22-2002, 01:48 PM
ok, thanx for the help ya'll, i think i'll get the kit with the WB slip-on, K&N, and outerwear. This will give me about....4 hp??? just curious

JB's 400ex
07-22-2002, 02:03 PM
I personally wouldn't buy the jet kit. I purchased a WB slip on last year and did the jetting myself. You can get within one or two jet sizes just by talking to people on here and comparing your conditions and specs to theirs. I think total all the jets cost me 10 or 15 dollars. You only save 35 but then you could buy something else with that, like a precharger. I don't have a K&N but I did notice a slight difference with the pipe. Alot more free flowing and snappier when getting on the throttle.

kicken250x
07-22-2002, 02:15 PM
just wondering are you getting the R-series,E-series or E-series pro-meg???

One_Bad_400
07-22-2002, 02:23 PM
e-series

TravEX
07-22-2002, 03:02 PM
be sure and get the outerwear for the k&n,,,and i would just get the individual jets, i wish i would have and saved the extra money,,,later