PDA

View Full Version : k and n

AtvRider21
07-21-2002, 08:56 AM
I might get a k and n air filter andi ant t know can u feel more pwer from it , will it be easyier to wheelie , and will it go up hills easier . also do i need to do anything to my quad when i install it .
one more thing what does taking off the choke do thanks

AtvRider21
07-21-2002, 09:36 AM
come on guys answeree

Ex'r Marlin
07-21-2002, 09:39 AM
Even though I use K&N all the time, I don't think it is the answer you are looking for. Yes, K&N air filters add more air in, which supposibly adds quicker throttle response and horsepower. It may help you.... And it may hurt you in the long run. They require alot more maintenance than the stock filter:( . If you ride in areas where there is alot of dust, or if you do not maintain the air filter properly, it may allow dirt particles or contaminates in carbuetor... Not good! I do feel the K&N air filter is an improvement over the stocker.... Just beware of the possible negatives.

Jimmah
07-21-2002, 09:41 AM
I don't know how much of a difference you'll feel with just a K&N filter, I have one installed on mine and used to have one on my 300EX but when I did them I put a pipe on as well. You will need to rejet I believe I could be wrong but like I said I did more then a filter at once. It should give you a feeling of a lil more power but I doubt it's gonna be as good if you did more to the intake and exhaust. I don't know what removing the choke does, I too am wondering about that.

AtvRider21
07-21-2002, 10:08 AM
isit hard to rejet and what kinda jets would i need also anything else i need to not run lean or anything

Ex'r Marlin
07-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Going with a K&N air filter on a stock atv should not require any jet or pilot change. Once you go to a higher compression piston or pipe, etc. will you definetly need to change the jet and possibly the pilot.

Note: I highly recommend one of those "pre charger" covers to go over the K&N filter.

AtvRider21
07-22-2002, 08:03 AM
do the prechargers take away power