PDA

View Full Version : Quad racing in nevada

YFZ450Q111
03-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Is there any frequent quad racing in nevada or near here.

adrenalinefreak
03-05-2006, 10:08 PM
I'll be doing my first race in the Worcs Series which has races one a month around Nevada. Mesquite usually holds races. The ITP Quadcross has a bunch of races in California mainly at Glen Helen.

There are plenty of races...you just have to look....

www.atvriders.com/racing
www.mesquitemx.com
www.worcsracing.com

Those are just some to get you started...I've seen some other websites listed on here but not sure what they are...so hopefully people will react to your thread!

Where you from in Nevada? Where do you normally ride?

SNV Supermoto
03-05-2006, 11:06 PM
If you guys are interested in trying supermoto on a quad, please visit Sotuhern Nevada Supermoto's web site (http://www.wnvsupermoto.com). We have 3 classes this year for quads, and will also have the H-Bomb Films "Bomb Squad" performing at the event.

In addition to that, we will also be racing Rhino's and Ranger's too. Rumor has it that the nuts from Rhinocraft are going to launch their Rhino off of the free-style ramp!

adrenalinefreak
03-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I heard you have to wire tie all your plugs and bolts and other misc parts (anything with fluid behind it) to pass tech inspection, is this true?

That's one of the things that is keeping me from doing the supermoto.

Sounds cool though!

SNV Supermoto
03-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
I heard you have to wire tie all your plugs and bolts and other misc parts (anything with fluid behind it) to pass tech inspection, is this true?

That's one of the things that is keeping me from doing the supermoto.

Sounds cool though!

No, this is not true. You can put silicone on the drain plugs and fill caps instead so that the bolts and caps don't back out. This takes about 1 minute to do.

The other thing that you have to do for this event is drain the anti-freeze/engine coolant and replace it with water (and water wetter if you like), or engine ice. These are the only approved liquids to be in your radiator.

Both of these items are for safety purposes. Oil and anti-freeze are both like ice when they get on asphalt.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions. Just email me from my web site.

Thanks

nvquadracer_77
03-06-2006, 09:15 PM
flat track here by reno nv, there was some mx last year but i haven hear or see any flyer jet

wilkin250r
03-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by nvquadracer_77
flat track here by reno nv, there was some mx last year but i haven hear or see any flyer jet

I haven't heard or seen anything about MX here in Reno. I've heard a few rumors that a few clubs tried to offer it, but couldn't get enough turnout. They're not going to run a quad class with only 4 people.

The TT series this year is really expanding. For the last two years, they only had Thunderbowl in Mound House. This year, it looks like they're expanding to Hawthorne and Fallon as well.

This year's schedule:

nvquadracer_77
03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
yea i think the mustang mx is not doing any races for quads, that i know off. not that many peopple are in to racing aroun here thuntherbowl is the bigest deal on flattrack we'll be there. 2004 yfz,300ex, blaster, mini50 quad.

wilkin250r
03-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Thunderbowl had a good turnout for TT. It just seems like there isn't too much demand for MX, I don't think people have the suspension for it. I heard that Mustang tried it, but didn't get enough turnout. Also, last year (or maybe the year before) they had a small series at Silver State for dirtbikes. They were more than willing to have a quad class if they could get the turnout, but I don't think they ever had more than 5.

If I race at all this year, it will be middle to late in the season. My quad is dead right now, there's no way I'm going to make the start on the 25th.