PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

xX-400racer-Xx
03-05-2006, 08:21 PM
I had a 440 kit put in and after i got it back it had a slight oil leak between the head and the jug. Over time it has gotten worse and worse and i was thinking that it might be the gasket, could this be the case??

03-05-2006, 11:06 PM
is everything tight???

xX-400racer-Xx
03-06-2006, 07:35 PM
I havent checked it but he said that he torqued everything down. Also when i called him about it a week after i got it back he said that sice the head is made of alumanum it should stop leaking after the a week or so but it has only been getting worse.

jordan_m6
03-06-2006, 07:55 PM
after somthing like that it is a good idea to check and see if everything is staying tight. just like the lugs on your rims or all the bolts on the bike.

prepracing
03-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by jordan_m6
after somthing like that it is a good idea to check and see if everything is staying tight. just like the lugs on your rims or all the bolts on the bike.

....uuummmm its not that simple to just "check and see" if your headbolts are still tight, cause its not like there out there in the open to check. Anyway sounds like you have a blown base gasket, I had one from just re-doing my 426, one of my headbolts didn't get torqued down. It could be 1 of 3 things, a bad gasket, a headbolt didn't get torqued down, or a head bolt is pulling out (stripped). I would take it back to this person that did the work, if they are any kind of reputable person or shop they should take responsibilty for their work and take care of your problem

xX-400racer-Xx
03-07-2006, 01:54 PM
That is probably what happened cause when he pulled one of the outside head bolts off it was crossthreaded and broke off and he put a non-o/e bolt back in. one of the 11 or so that are sitting on the outside not the 4 on the inside.

prepracing
03-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by xX-400racer-Xx
That is probably what happened cause when he pulled one of the outside head bolts off it was crossthreaded and broke off and he put a non-o/e bolt back in. one of the 11 or so that are sitting on the outside not the 4 on the inside.

I misread your 1st post, I thought you said between the jug and the base/bottom end. But yeah if he did that on the valve cover its pretty common for those to leak

xX-400racer-Xx
03-08-2006, 07:16 PM
wheres a good place to get the gasket from that is of better quality?

03-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by xX-400racer-Xx
I had a 440 kit put in and after i got it back it had a slight oil leak between the head and the jug. Over time it has gotten worse and worse and i was thinking that it might be the gasket, could this be the case??

your mom has an oil leak now after our sex orgy with jesus, moses, noah, mary, j-low, and pam anderson. it was refreshing

xX-400racer-Xx
03-08-2006, 08:23 PM
WOW .......... what a ****ing idiot