PDA

View Full Version : which wheels

hondaryder
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
ok, so my question is, does anybody know what the strongest wheel is for the best money spent. i recently bought a set of holeshot mxr4s on the t-9 pro-series wheels which was a big mistake. i love the tires, but the wheels are crap. 2 of them are bent, and one of them seems to be splitting apart slowly. i want to buy new wheels over the summer, but dont want to spend 500 dollars. i also dont want to sacrifice where i ride, being scared that i might hit a rock or something, and bend the crap out of another wheel. i wish i would have asked about these wheels before i went out and bought them. thanks for any comeback

CFRacer03
03-05-2006, 10:58 PM
yea, you should get something with a reinforcing ring or a beadlock. if you're tyring to find something cheap Burgard's Beadlocks are cheap compared to others on the market. I bought a pair about 2 years ago, have hundreds of hours and several races on them and I've never had a problem with them.

http://www.burgardcycle.com/ (http://)

jwick07
03-06-2006, 06:30 AM
The ITP Baja series wheels are very strong and not to high priced, they look great and you can find lots of them used for sale too.

DJJ450r
03-06-2006, 07:53 AM
I had bajas and I hated them for XC racing, idk how they do on MX but I'd save and get some HiPers. If you want Bajas I still have mine if you want to buy them.

03-06-2006, 08:17 AM
hipers is the only way to go

rob-u/21
03-06-2006, 08:31 AM
hipers is the only way to go
Yeah. Hipers are the way to go. If you get hipers you will never have to worrie about wheels. They are pricey but they are a good investment. Hipers are on my list of things I want to buy in the future.

CFRacer03
03-06-2006, 10:36 AM
hipers are definitely a better wheel, but he said he was looking for something relatively cheap so thats why I listed those burgards

the douglass beadlocks are really good wheels too if you decide you want to spend more money on them

03-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CFRacer03
hipers are definitely a better wheel, but he said he was looking for something relatively cheap so thats why I listed those burgards

the douglass beadlocks are really good wheels too if you decide you want to spend more money on them

but y spend the money on a wheel you will still end up replacing, you are way better off buying a hiper that you will never have to replace, or worry much about, instead of buying a wheel you will still end up bending or replacing, trust me, hiper is the only way :macho

rob-u/21
03-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Personally I don't have Hipers. Would I like some? Yes. But I do feel that in the long run you will spend the same amount of $$$ if not more replacing bent wheels than if you buy a set of hipers. If you can buy a set of hipers you should do it. It just seems hard to fork over around $800 bucks for a set of wheels.

Quadrider63
03-06-2006, 08:49 PM
definitely burgard's beadlocks i have had them there cheap look good and are very strong

Racing Rice
03-07-2006, 07:02 AM
My vote goes for Hipers, especially if your bending rims frequently. They will pay for themselves in the long run. Not to mention, they look pimp.

TheFontMaster
03-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Deffinatley hipers. But like everyone else has said they are expensive, but you will never have to buy another set of wheels again. I don't think I have hear of more than 10 times where people have had problems with hipers breaking. But if you can't afford hipers, go with some burgard beadlocks in the rear, and douglas .190 rolled edge rims for the front.