PDA

View Full Version : Hrc Kit!!!!

GIXXER1KR
03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Well i got my 06 back with the HRC kit installed and what a huge difference.I highly recommend it!!!Now i hate the ugly *** looking muffler!!!Should i just do a slip or would it getter better gains from a full system!!I am happy with the bike but i am looking at the Yosh RS7 full TI and just want to know if it is worth the extra cash for the Full System!

03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
i've read that changing the head pipe may decrease power. thats how much r&d honda put into it.

GIXXER1KR
03-06-2006, 07:28 AM
No kidding I THINK I MIGHT JUST GET A SLIP ON CUASE PERFORMANCE IS A+!!

quadguy83
03-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I also have the 06 with the hrc hit, i just got a gt thunder pipe put on yesterday, same as hmf sport. The only thing i don't like about the honda is its a pain to start when hot. Best thing is now i can beat my buddies yfz

03-06-2006, 10:13 AM
my dr. d is better then my HMF slip on

quadfam4
03-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Just installed the cam last week - had already installed everything else on the HRC kit 2 months previous. The other changes i did b/4 the cam were noticable, but the cam installation gave the bike more power over the entire powerband. Mine's always been easy to start, stock, partial HRC, and w/cam. Cold and choked or hot just don't touch the throttle when pushing starter button. If your having problems with hot start after installing HRC kit make sure you made ALL the right carb adjustments as per instructions. It makes a difference. I think this is the way Honda would like to ship their bike stock but can't because of EPA regs. It's so choked up the HRC kit is what it needs to run well!

quadguy83
03-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I had trouble with hot starts even before i installed the hcr kit, Once the kit was installed it still did the same thing. I followed the instructions exaclty. Was hoping with the new pipe and rejetting again would help. Still if i shut it off hot it won't restart worth anything. Thottle response is perfect. Thanks for the pointers.

GIXXER1KR
03-06-2006, 04:26 PM
No problems here starting up!!!Hot or cold!!!!Just debating which route to go with the exhaust!!!!!!!

Ridin' Jesse
03-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
No problems here starting up!!!Hot or cold!!!!Just debating which route to go with the exhaust!!!!!!!

You'll get a little more from a full system...its all about the money.