PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Problems?

MXRACER86
03-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Just trying to get some info on the short term reliabilty on the ltr.

MXRACER86
03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh and if you do not OWN a LTR450 please do not vote!!!!

LuckyOxygen
03-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Second gear whining once warmed up...

03-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Second gear screamin like a banshee.

majistical
03-05-2006, 07:52 PM
i have a problem keeping my pants up...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/majistical/000_0043.jpg
haha...no....ive got almost one full tank through her, and no probs so far...

brandon.

03-05-2006, 07:58 PM
If you vote yes post your problem or problems.

jason14x
03-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Ace other than the noise any problems like with notchy shifting or grinding? I have been reading up on you guys problems keeping updated since I go pick my toy up tomorrow! How has the dealer been with you helpful? Did you get the extended warr.? Anyways I hope its just a fluke...(sorry its happening to you) and not a common problem. Good Luck and keep us all posted .

Jason

03-05-2006, 08:14 PM
I never had any time to find other problems as I barely got to ride it for an hour. Extended warranties are the biggest hustle in the industry, you might as well take that money and flush it down the toilet. Unless your problem happens right away after your purchase its highly unlikely it will be covered- especially with Suzuki.

jason14x
03-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Well good luck with it. I hope they stand by it.....especially with an hour or less on it. Has the dealer got back to you at all yet? Any metal in the oil or anything? I again wish you luck and feel bad. Ive owned.....lets see this will be my 5th suzuki product...nope sorry 6th and have had pretty good luck with all of them so again I hope its just a freak thing that they will take care of for you.....thanks again for keeping us posted .

jason

foxman_23
03-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Tranny whine. Not gear specific. Went away about ten mins after it started.(This occured during a HS.)

benbuilt4u
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM
other then the clutch cable getting shorter mine seems good oh and the yoshi exhaust glows red :D

DezSled
03-05-2006, 10:41 PM
I guess I should be thankful that I haven't had the problems described by others here. I will say that I have hammered mine pretty hard, walloping a itp t9 baja rim while topped out in fifth. Didn't bend the lip, just the center. I hope you guys can get your problems sorted out w/ the warranty. I was assured that any problem would be taken care of since I purchased the extended warranty.... I am going to reread the warranty contract. I was told that I had purchased probably the first one out there, receiving it back on 1/26/06. Best of luck to all LT-R owners

tanman11
03-06-2006, 07:23 AM
The only "problem" I've had is that this beast is THIRSTY! LOL. Has anyone else noticed that? When I was at Glamis, I went through an incredible amount of fuel. I was filling up 3 times a day compared to about 1 to 1 1/2 times for my Z400. Granted my GF was on the Z, but she rode everywhere I did. It was funny, every once and awhile I'd look down, and the yellow light would be flashing!

MXRACER86
03-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Hmmm, it seems like half of them have problems and the other half doesn't, so at this point it seems like a 50/50 chance of having problems, any of you with problems have you gotten them fixed yet? If so what did you do to fix it?

Speed_MDS2
03-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't see 11 people posting there prolems. Votes without explanation are kinda pointless.

AceLtz
03-06-2006, 09:31 AM
i have 26 hours on my ltr without a problem. it runs great so far

quadfam4
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Have used mine in Glamis for a total of seven days on two different trips. No problems. And yah it does use slightly more fuel than my '06 honda 450. Everyone that I've let ride it has nothing but good things to say about it. Power, ride feel, handling, stance, it feels good right from the start. If my wife has a choice of which quad to ride when we all go together this is the one! Changed to a 13 t sprocket and 20" 8 paddle scat track edge (vulcanized v paddle), 22" sand star fronts. Great combination for pull and throwing it around. Can pull up the front when u want or stay down and fly when you don't.

KWAD GAWD
03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I love how all the Honda guys are voting "YES".

CHEVYZ
03-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I was kinda thinking that something of the sort was to happen.

Racing Rice
03-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD

Thats what I was thinking too.:ermm:

Ridin' Jesse
03-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD

I love how you dont know who's voting. All I have seen you doing on here is bashing...it's a little bit annoying.

So the only problems are the clutch cable and the tranny ones so far, right? Thats not to bad...ACE is it just whining? Or is there like slipping too, or something.

Speed_MDS2
03-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Well, maybe its not just Honda guys only but I have a hard time believing that all those "poblem votes" are valid. I've only seen posts of 3 ppls problems so where are the other 9?

400exrider0004
03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
quadfam4, I saw that you have both the 06 honda 450 and 06 suzuki 450. I was wondering what you think of both of them. Im deciding on which one to get???How do you like them and dislike them? Which one is more comfortable and faster. Which one is a better overall machine? Thanks for your help.

Josh

quadfam4
03-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Stock for stock I like the suzuki the best. Have pulled out the baffle and lid off and installed cb - took about an hour. Starts easily cold or hot, and handles great in the sand. I like the handling of the '04 honda better than the handling of the '06 honda but the '06 hrc kitted honda motor is faster than both the others. Different things I like about all of them. The hondas are easier to work on. Things are more out in the open and the plastic is easier to take off. And the motor has seperate compartments for the engine and transmission oil.
But the suzuki motor is very smooth, no low rpm rattle like the hondas. Its really stable, as it should be as wide as it is. Doesn't have a tendency to pull the front off the ground like the hondas with the same tire combos. Back off the stock spring settings and adjust the rebound and compression and it takes the stiff ride out quick. I've ridden the suzuki only in the sand so I can't comment on any other terrain. I'm not going to race it, I purchased it strickly for a play bike, and what a nice one it is! I'm liking it so far!

400exrider0004
03-06-2006, 09:10 PM
how do you like them in the sand?? I ride a lot in sand also, have you dragged them???Hows the power compared between the two?? Thanks for all the help, any info at all is appreciated.

onall4rs
03-07-2006, 01:38 PM
The only problem i have with mine is it dosent get to me till
Friday
I searched the uk today phoneing all the suzuki dealers
and found one dealer that had two left but thay were in customs
one yellow one white so i paid for one thier and then and told him to pick a colour as long as its to me by the weekend
with set nerfs and stering damper

hope i get the white one wil let you know friday

paul uk

MXRACER86
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Well my friend just picked one up and we rode it all day at my track and it runs awesome! No problems at all!

ltr450
03-09-2006, 07:57 PM
I've had mine for about a month. I havn't done anything special other than the basics...Peashooter out, CB on, and lid off. I like to think I ride pretty hard and I have not had the first problem yet. Yes it does suck down some fuel, but with the power it has....what do ya expect......

onesavage
03-10-2006, 05:08 PM
i voted yes. i only got two hours my r450 now but i have experienced the whining(sp) noise from the engine not just in second but even if i switch back to neutral it still does it. i just changed the oil for the first time. hope it fixes it. if anyone finds out what it is or if the dealership(suzuki) actually is gunna fix it please let me know. but besides that noise I LOVE THIS MACHINE.