PDA

View Full Version : Speed info 4 the ltr

bigreddog
03-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I am coming off a Baldwin built crf 450 hybrid with all mx mods. I just sold it and purchased this ltr. I ordered a yosh pipe, cb, and need info about unplugging the stock unit and plugging in the cb. Also, my buddies were at the TQRA race in Texas and they said someone there just ordered something called a PMI or something like that to adjust even more accurately for the yosh pipe. Anyone know anything about this. Also, is there any other speed mods available for this bike.

I agree with alot of people that this bike is slow in stock form, but I can feel the potential just by blipping and revving the thing. Can't wait to see how the pipe does next week. Any info would be helpful.

Need phone numbers for available bumpers, kill switches ( and how to install them), and nerfs.

AL Elks
03-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Here's the info:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/06%20EMS%20LTR.asp

spudss
03-06-2006, 04:01 PM
you cant use the CB with the Pipe.. the CB is onlye for takeing the baffle out of the stocker pipe and the lid off...

You need to remap the FI if you are running your yoshi..

bigreddog
03-07-2006, 05:07 AM
I just spoke with Drey at Yosh and he said the CB is all you need with their pipe and the air box lid off. I repeatedly asked him the question about the pmi box and he said I did not need it. It does let you adjust setting more accurately but their is not much gain from that. So, I will see the end of this week if the Yosh pipe, Cb and air box lid helps this thing. I also told him I was going to take out the spark arrestor in the yosh. Will keep you posted!

benbuilt4u
03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by bigreddog
I just spoke with Drey at Yosh and he said the CB is all you need with their pipe and the air box lid off. I repeatedly asked him the question about the pmi box and he said I did not need it. It does let you adjust setting more accurately but their is not much gain from that. So, I will see the end of this week if the Yosh pipe, Cb and air box lid helps this thing. I also told him I was going to take out the spark arrestor in the yosh. Will keep you posted!

see i have the same thing. but my pipe glows really bad turn off the lights and its a night light. i wonder if the PMI is the same? others need to run there pipes at idle and ride them when its dark and see if theres glows as bad as mine does. My pipe is also a permanent purple color now too.

AL Elks
03-07-2006, 03:48 PM
According to Yoshi, as I talked with them today, you need to run race fuel with the baffle out, lid off, and the Yoshi Pipe in order to help the engine run cooler. With the PMI you won't need the race fuel as it tunes the EFI for the pipe.

Better to be safe than sorry.

I also pre-ordered the PMI. Should be available in about 2 weeks accordig to Yoshi.

ESR250R
03-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by AL Elks
According to Yoshi, as I talked with them today, you need to run race fuel with the baffle out, lid off, and the Yoshi Pipe in order to help the engine run cooler. With the PMI you won't need the race fuel as it tunes the EFI for the pipe.

Better to be safe than sorry.

I also pre-ordered the PMI. Should be available in about 2 weeks accordig to Yoshi.

can you run leaded race fuel in the ltr450? i would think you would need to stay with the unleaded with the efi system?

MXRACER86
03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
So can some one give me a straight answer, With the Yoshi cherry bomb with the baffle out of the stock pipe and the airbox lid off do I have to run race gas? Or will 93 octane be fine?

xx3003xrdrxx
03-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry but I was just wondering if you could post some pics of your CRF , Ive been trying to find a Baldwin CRF hybrid for a while . Well atleast pictures of it ... Thanks

onesavage
03-08-2006, 01:24 AM
they say you can run 100 octane half 92 or 93 octane whatever you got in your area and the other half race gas 108 to 112 octane but its not neccesarry, you really could just run the 93 and if its performance is not affected then it is all up to you. i think the yosh r&d web site might have the info.

bigreddog
03-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I actually still own the hybrid. I sold it to my brother and he paid half unless I find somebody to buy it. If interested, call me at 417-880-9051.

Yosh told me I would be o.k to run 93 oct. with the cb, yosh pipe and baffle out, and lid off. I just got my pipe in today. will see tomorrow!

KWAD GAWD
03-09-2006, 12:36 AM
You're not raising the compression with a pipe and the plug ins. Race fuel is necessary for High Compression, for 14:1 pistons or close to it. Any engine will benefit from good gas, but with a stock piston 93 is fine. I like to mix 93 and 110 leaded Sunoco pump fuel 50/50 or 60/40 when I can. The lead acts as nothing more than a lubricant, it's good for your engine.

AL Elks
03-09-2006, 01:25 AM
The reason they stated that you should run race fuel with the Yoshi Pipe if you have the CRBM (Cherrybomb) and airbox lid removed is that it will help it run cooler which of course tells us that it's running very lean without the PIM. It's better to be safe than sorry so I'm definately running race fuel until my PIM shows up. With the PIM they have a Map that corrects this by richening the fuel mixture.

jeffw3048
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Gee, Z-Speed, no air box and spark arrestor works just fine..... w/o race gas.