PDA

View Full Version : time to buy a new 4 wheeler for my girlfriend!

dsaint77
03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Well I have a 250r and a tecate-4 already. I was thinking that I would buy my girlfriend an ATV to ride. I am not sure what I should buy. I was thinking about getting a banshee since this is the last year they are making them and I have always loved the banshee. There are lots of new 4 strokes out there and they are easier for a new atv rider to ride. so I dont know what I should do. I am still leaning towards the banshee because it is the end of an era.

What do you guys think?

I am placing this here in the trx250r section because thats the community that I belong to, owning one that is.

Adam

screaminta
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I have an R too and i am also in the same boat with buying my girl a quad. The only thing she has ever ridden by herself was an automatic polaris haha. Im thinkin of gettin a used 250x or 300ex or sumthing along those lines to just get her used to shifting and what not and then graduate her to a real quad....a 2 stroke i mean haha.

TheFontMaster
03-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Has she ridden a quad with a cluth before? If she is used to it she could prolly just use one of your quads. If she plans on doing any kind of faster riding or posibly racing in the future, I would sugest a 400ex. If she's just going to put around and follor you a 300ex.

brokenbones
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
well this is just my 2 cents

my wife now but girl at the time i let her ride an R bought an 86 and stuck a mild port ,rad valve,pipe and carb changed the gearing to 13/40 so she would never miss a hill even when she didnt shift and i let her go she rode it in 3rd for about an hour and then she was off and going

the biggest draw back was kicking it over she is about 100lbs so i had to help with that once and a while but the reward was i could use it as a runner when i didnt want to ride mine

just my thought

dsaint77
03-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Has she ridden a quad with a cluth before? If she is used to it she could prolly just use one of your quads. If she plans on doing any kind of faster riding or posibly racing in the future, I would sugest a 400ex. If she's just going to put around and follor you a 300ex.

maybe I should make myself a little clearer.

I am buying myself a new atv... but she is going to ride it... well atleast thats what I keep telling myself!

She is actually a very small girl, small as in 100lbs 4'8" tall w/big boobs of course!

Actually its not real hard to learn how to ride an atv with a clutch. Its just like driving a tractor trailer... you only need the the clutch to take off then after that the only time you actually use the clutch is to stop or to keep the rpms up feathering it..

Adam

bubbag
03-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Hmm wonder if a new zuki 450 would be cool for a chick?
On a side note aren't little chicks with big boobs the best :devil:

250r4life
03-05-2006, 10:41 PM
man, i think raptor is the way to go for a girl. they are electric start, have reverse, and are very easy to ride... if you get lets say a 300 ex, shes gunna have to ride it pretty aggresively to be able to get around, esp somewhere like the dunes. the raptor has enough torque to keep her out of trouble... if she tries something a gear too high, it has enough torque to pull her though, esp if shes only 100 lbs... thats what all the girls in my dune group ride, all my buddies wives and my friends and what not... they can just leave it in 2nd gear pretty much the whole time... i'd go with an 02-05 raptor...

YFZRob
03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I would strongly advise AGAINST a banshee for a girl, unless she's a manly type girl! The banshee takes a LOT of effort to ride, not just physically either. Keeping them in the powerband is tricky, especially for someone who doesn't know how to ride a clutch ATV. They take a lot of clutch and shifting work to be fun. Physically, they kill your arms from stiff throttle and clutch levers, the suspension is horrible, and they aren't the most reliable.

If you really want a 2 stroke, and based on her size, I strongly suggest a Blaster. 4'8" is TINY, so the ergos of even a 400EX or Raptor isn't best suited for someone like that. I think the blaster or 300EX is perfect if she wants to shift. Not to mention, only being 100 lbs....if she's gutsy enough, she'll fly on a 300EX or blaster....the suspension will work perfectly for her weight, so well that she should be able to outride us heavier guys on the same quad. Put her on a bigger, more intimidating quad like a Raptor, and she may not ride as fast for fear of getting hurt.

My wife is 5'4", 130, and she did great on my old 03 KFX-400....she just didn't like shifting so she's now farting around on a Rincon 680.

Whatever you get, JUST make sure you get her a chest protector! My wife high centered a berm in a turn and nailed a tree at the end of the corner on the KFX400. It wasn't a super fast hit, but enough to bash in the stock bumper and she railed her chest on the bars. Lets just say, you want to protect the boobs! Just a tad more sensitive than we may think. She was black and blue for 2 weeks! :eek2:

250rider1
03-07-2006, 06:18 AM
I would suggest getting her sumthin that is easier to learn on then a banshee. That would scare her away from riding because of the power and aggressiveness you have to have to ride it. Keep in mind that you can mod a less powered quad as she learns on it.

jas250r
03-07-2006, 01:10 PM
my girl started out on a 250 recon, mainly for price in 01. 1 year later after being bounced off several times trying to keep up with the boys ( weighing 115) we sold the quad at about the same time i bought my 88 r. now she rides my 300ex that i started out on. after 2 years she wants more power, already has a full pipe jetted and k&n. so i would recommend a 300. electric start, reverse, rides pretty good, really easy for a girl to handle. short not too wide, and a very big thing is very predicable power, and very low maintanence just my 2 cents

koh0001
03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
My wife is a girlly girl. she's never rode anything. I put her on my 265r and away she went. I walked beside her to show her how to use the clutch. after a few times she had it down. by the end of the day she was charging it. She couldn't start it for a few months. but now she can jump up and kick it over. ( still has trouble sometimes) . LOL I was changing the swingarm one time and she had to ride my little girls 300ex.....She said she hated to be on that bike. LOL Spoild now. It didn't take her long and now she rides with all of us guys. and will Haggle you when you can't keep up. LOL Don't count the girls out. I NEVER would have thought she would be riding like she does. I'd get a 400 or bigger. If you put them on something small they have to be ABLE to ride to keep up. JUst like us...you take us off our tricked out bike and jump on a 300ex and say... keep up. LOL you have to ride your butt off to TRY to keep up. It's alot harder. Just my 2 cents.

450rJam
03-07-2006, 07:53 PM
well it depends on alot of thing as to which quad to get her. maybe if you post some pics (of her) we could picture her sitting on different quads and give a better judgement...............this is only for visual aid in atv selection........................he he he is he buying any of this ?

dsaint77
03-07-2006, 09:33 PM
hrrrrm... my picture poster is broken and i only have nudies...

how about I just email them to everyone and you can tell me whats best!

: )

here she is!

250r4life
03-07-2006, 10:23 PM
ha ha ha... that is the sickest thing my eyes have ever witnessed in my time here on this earth... you are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul... :D

450rJam
03-08-2006, 04:36 AM
wow ..........who or what is that she is hiding under there ? is that a naval ? im not sure a banshee has enough to pull that one around

450rJam
03-08-2006, 04:37 AM
oh my is that a normal size womans purse around her neck ?

250rider1
03-08-2006, 09:06 AM
that is just flat out sick!!! im gonna go throw up now!

250r4life
03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
yah, i second that a banshee wouldnt work... IMO, you should get 2 DS650s- one for each leg...

dsaint77
03-08-2006, 03:35 PM
I also have pictures of the Krispy Kreme girls if you want to see those too!

anyone want to see more photos of my gf? : ) I got some noodies!

adam

450rJam
03-08-2006, 04:04 PM
<---------already seen way too much

koh0001
03-08-2006, 06:02 PM
That is soooo jacked up.....lol

tx_250r
03-08-2006, 08:54 PM
i got a a few quads 300ex, 400ex, warrior, foreman, lt250r, and of course 250r-310. besides the R i would say in the woods i like the 300ex. the handling feels the best in the woods i got the offset wheels so its a lil wider and it will keep up with any of the bikes through trails. you do notice the lack of power in the sand it does fine but wont roost like the big bikes.

tx_250r
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
i got a a few quads 300ex, 400ex, warrior, foreman, lt250r, and of course 250r-310. besides the R i would say in the woods i like the 300ex. the handling feels the best in the woods i got the offset wheels so its a lil wider and it will keep up with any of the bikes through trails. you do notice the lack of power in the sand it does fine but wont roost like the big bikes.