PDA

View Full Version : Flooded my quad!

TheBlasterMan
03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Well i was riding in a creek and it literally droped off. My whole quad was flooded. I took it out of the creek, proped it up, took off the airbox, emptied the airbox out, squeezed the air filter. I then took the spark plug out and kiked it over, to get rid of the water. It then fired up spitting the water out of the exaust, i then rode it home. What all should i do? Please help me out.

fast_enough
03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Change all fluids, especially oil, and for the next few weeks every time you ride change the oil. If it fired and made it home you should be ok.. Keeping good oil in it is the key.

antman
03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
change the oil a few times untill there is no water in it when you drain it

key4202003
03-05-2006, 04:15 PM
i would change all oil, gas, premix. take off stator cover and let it dry out, an after you ride it for a few, change bottom end oil, hopefully it isnt all caremel looking, due to the oil and water beat to a froth...let us know what else it does bad, stutter rust...

killen them all
03-05-2006, 04:34 PM
sell it well it runs j/k

coolex
03-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by killen them all
sell it well it runs j/k

i could have sworn he asked for advice not someone trying to bring up there post count with gay remarks:D

but ne ways id change the gas and now for the next month or 2 id change the iol very often like after every ride or every other ride