PDA

View Full Version : rear brake problem

400excaleb
03-05-2006, 02:59 PM
i replaced my rear brake pads. it was a tight fit and made my rear tires locked up. some one told me to bleed them so i did. when i seen that that wouldnt fix it i found out my parking brake was holding it. i loosened it up and it worked. so i rode it and my brake rubbed a little and i had no rear brakes at all. whats the problem!

400exc
03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
same thing that is worng with mine..... you can buy the p-brake block off kit so that dont happen anymore

400excaleb
03-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 400exc
same thing that is worng with mine..... you can buy the p-brake block off kit so that dont happen anymore
Did you Get you brake fixed 400exc. i did, it was the master cylinder

curious george
03-14-2006, 08:15 AM
rain some brake cleaner on it to losen that cylinder if it is no moving.

03-14-2006, 08:29 AM
take off your caliper and take out the pads and use a c-clamp to push the little piston that is inside of your caliper back in but it takes alot of effort but dont worry u aren't hurtin nothin and then put a parking brake block off plate on there to cause there is little rod in the side of your caliper and if it is pushed then your p- brake is on. it's located behind the big bolt sticking out of the side of your caliper and if you can get that bolt out with out breaking it then that would help also that should fix your problem untill ur p-brake plate comes in but if it dont come back and tell me. cause there is alot of other things it could be too.