PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic Intake on a Quad!!!

wolffie
03-05-2006, 09:36 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2127459#post2127459

check it out!

2004exrider
03-05-2006, 09:57 AM
That was done up pretty good, usually when things like that are done it ends up looking like a hack job. I bet that thing did pick up some pretty good power, where can you feel the power at like bottom end, mid or top?

Jimmy

wolffie
03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
the low end power is amazing, and it follows right through up until the top! the midrange is really where everyhting hits strong. they say the longer the tube, the more low end, and conversely, the shorter the tube, the more top.

i didnt really notice a loss of top speed at all however. my jetting is 180mj, 50pj, and the 4rth slot on the needle, and it is pulling hard! i think the HMF pipe had a big part to do with it, but i am sure the civic complements it greatly.

i wish there was a dyno near me so i could put up some numbers:D

300exQuadracer
03-05-2006, 11:46 AM
i`ve had a set up like that on my r for like 4 years now , autozone used to sell a hose adapter kit for the ricer cold induction, but now they dont cary it anymore

oregonrider89
03-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Has anyone tried anything like this on an EX?

zeppelin
03-05-2006, 02:18 PM
it wont benifit the ex that much. the reason people do it to predators is because their stock intake is ****. its a very restrictive flat style air silter (the kind that you usualy see in car). the way it was designed allowed dirt and water to clog it up easily. you dont really have this problem with the ex so there isnt really a point in doing it.

wolffie
03-05-2006, 05:03 PM
^^^yeah the predators stock intake really blows balls!:D the civic intake would probably work on an EX, but it is probably the same thing as a K@N and Powerlid in terms of performance. i havent put the civic on a dyno yet, but you probably pick up like 1-2HP im guessing (which is good for an intake!)

try it out on your quad if you want. the good thing is this setup is cheap. i paid $30 for the civic intake from a guy on www.predatorowners.com! so if you dont like it, just sell it again and buy another filter!

03-05-2006, 10:09 PM
DUDE put a tornado in it!!!!

i just thought of that

you know the tornados that spin the air so you get more hp and fuel econemy for cars

wolffie
03-06-2006, 04:53 PM
^^^i will have to check that. the people on predatorowners.com are trying to figure out the performance benefits. if anything, i will probably cut my tube.

the longer the tube, the more low end
the shorter the tube, the more high end.

if i cut the tube, it will level out my powerband a bit. either that, or i will play around with some sprockets:D

nicktrx400ex
03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
i think i might give it a try does advanced auto parts sell them.

Toadz400
03-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x
DUDE put a tornado in it!!!!

i just thought of that

you know the tornados that spin the air so you get more hp and fuel econemy for cars

They've been tested many times and deemed worthless. Don't waste your money on it, they don't work.