View Full Version : Blowing Fuses

400exRider123
03-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I own a honda 400ex 2003 and it keeps blowing fuses, as long as the light are off the fuses are fine, what can i do to fix this problem? Htanks to anybody that actually knows what to to

hondaboy400ex55
03-05-2006, 10:11 AM
you might have a wire grounding out

81 clark racing
03-05-2006, 01:39 PM
hey i no exzactly what ur problem is i just fixed my quad and 3 of my buddies all had the same problem. what you have 2 do is take ur head light assylebmy out. then the wireing harness that goes 2 eachhead light the left side 1 when lookin at the quad is where the problem is take the rubber gourtment off back of the headlight and look at the blue wire u will c where the metal helement holder wore threw the rubber coating. this is causing you 2 blow fuses beacuse the wire is hitting the metal either patch the wire or by a new wiring harness and bend the metal brack out of the way.

400exRider123
03-05-2006, 04:31 PM
y i no exzactly what ur problem is i just fixed my quad and 3 of my buddies all had the same problem. what you have 2 do is take ur head light assylebmy out. then the wireing harness that goes 2 eachhead light the left side 1 when lookin at the quad is where the problem is take the rubber gourtment off back of the headlight and look at the blue wire u will c where the metal helement holder wore threw the rubber coating. this is causing you 2 blow fuses beacuse the wire is hitting the metal either patch the wire or by a new wiring harness and bend the metal brack out of the way.

Yeah thanks i looked at what you said , thats exactly where my problem was it wore out the rubber on the wirirng.

81 clark racing
03-05-2006, 04:51 PM
yea hey no problem man pass the word around every 400ex soon or later will have that problem. 1 flaw from honda