PDA

View Full Version : changing handlebars

blholtz
03-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Has anyone replaced the handlebars on their ltr450.

If so what bar and bend did you use and what did you do abo;ut the tight condition of the cables wiring and brake lines.

I tried to put on a set of Renthal high bars, they were only about an inch taller than the stock bars and everything was so tight that I could not turn bars fully either way.

Help

jason14x
03-05-2006, 09:03 AM
I spoke with my buddy who runs a small shop. He deals in Renthal and TAg for the Tag bars he spoke with TAG directly and they said the best bend they have that fits right now is the TAG CR double hi....they better thats what i ordered but supposedly they had an LTR-at their shops they were using for new bars, bumpers, etc..... Hope this helps. I know others have mentioned the Henry and Reed bends also.

jason

LuckyOxygen
03-05-2006, 09:10 AM
I used a kx low bend because I needed bars BAD and thats all I could get. They work fine but just feel weird.

blholtz
03-05-2006, 09:34 AM
No problems with the double high bars and cables being to tight?

FUELATV
03-05-2006, 09:39 AM
I just installed one of our anti-vibe +1 stems on our LTR450. The stock bars are EXACTLY the same bend as a CR HIGH. All of the cables fit fine with the +1 stem.

jason14x
03-05-2006, 05:12 PM
sounds like they are spot on. I will let you know how it works...I get the bike finally tomorrow and will be putting the bars and stuff on in a few days !

Anyone know if the rumored RMZ 450 kill button will work as a start or if anyone has tried riggin up an overide to the whole on/off light switch assembly? Anyone know how Suzuki did it on Doug and Jeremiahs bike? Id like to remove what I can and just set up a whole other harness that way if I decide to sell the bike in a few years I can Put it all back ! Thanks guys you have all been very informative cant wait for tomorrow!

Jason