PDA

View Full Version : Ready to burn it!!!

660LE
03-05-2006, 05:49 AM
Im having a problem with this 400ex , its making me crazy. We just rebuilt it. new powdercoat, new yoshi slip on, 155MJ stock pilot, 2.5turns on the fuel screw, 3rd clip on the needle sea level. When we finished putting it together it ran like a top but the carb leaked alittle fuel. We thought the floats had a bit of dirt or something in them. Thatcomes and goes as it pleases. THen the next ride it ran good for about 10 minutes then started to buck and spit an sputter then it just died. We changfed the fuel. no difference. So we decided to take the carb off. clean it out totally. Then we put it back on. and the bike just turns and turns and turns. but never fires . It will catch the fire for about 2 or 3 revs then just keep rolling over. this went on for hours and hours. i forgot to mention we are around 30*F. We took the plug out to see if it had fire . it had lots it looked like. and it was soaked. same as the inside of the intake it was drenched in gas to. we put it back in an tried to pull start it. notta thing. We are at a complete loss of what to do. if anyone can give me an idea. id be soo happy. the lakes finally froze up here and were missin out on the riding.

SicRipp83
03-05-2006, 06:49 AM
it sounds like the needle is sticking, and leaking down, it used to happen on my sled all the time and they would foul plugs when i went to start it

660LE
03-05-2006, 08:50 AM
well i fixed theneedle stickin. i put a new clip on it. the old one was bent makin the needle go on an anlge an leak.
but the main problem of not starting. well after exhausting everything else i got some plugs. not the exact right plug but the first 3 numbers were the same. i chucked it in. an it didnt even turn over once an it fired right up. damn it makes me happy when you get something to work after all that effort!!