PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GNCC "Orange Crush" Round #1- Discussion & Cheer

Admin
03-05-2006, 05:02 AM
Here is the location to ask your questions and root for your favorite riders, but please keep the discussion out of the "Live Coverage" Thread.

QUADROOKIE
03-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Well, I guess I'll be the first to start things off....

Lets go DUANE JOHNSON and MICHAEL BURROWS AND KIM MUZZARELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it home for the Iowa series!!!!!!!!:D

MentalState
03-05-2006, 06:33 AM
Like to see some out laws on the podium..Good luck Highenergy..

quadcustoms
03-05-2006, 06:38 AM
go craig reed,ryan morphew,and bj ballance,representing mid south

Hazzler
03-05-2006, 07:03 AM
is smiley on an outlaw? and i second that mental,go highenergy!!

PowerMadd789XC
03-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Go Brent and Brandon Sturdivant!!!!!!:D and Mcgill.

Predator38
03-05-2006, 08:01 AM
yep..Smiley is on an Outlaw this year....Go Matt

Johnny & Monica
03-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Way to go on the youth races. Walker dominated the race again. Can't wait to see the pics of the cobra he hammered down on. Congrats to all the youth racers.

Talked to Harlen early this morning and am waiting to hear back from him about updates. The morning classes should be running right now.

The big question is did Stack take the start line with a black eye??!!:p

DeCesare Racing
03-05-2006, 08:16 AM
There might be a surprise winner tomorrow. I talked with my brother at the race, and he says John Natalie was at practice yesterday tearing it up.

Sjorge450R
03-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Way to go ACS racing from Langhourne Pa!!! They all did great for there first time racing in the GNCC. Andrew got 2nd, Brian got 3rd, and Allie got 4th. Too bad my team left me behind....:p

mjelo
03-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Im new to this forum, how do I get live race coverage?

Johnny & Monica
03-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Another awesome race for the start of the 2006 series. Will be patiently waiting for next Saturday at Georgia when all goes silent and then ya hear 10 seconds..............................

Johnny & Monica
03-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I went and looked back at the prediction game and I think Honda920 was the closest we'll have to wait and see. But he got the top 3 positions right. Good job!!!

cdalepilot
03-05-2006, 06:03 PM
way to go yokley on the new LTR450 !

honda920
03-05-2006, 09:05 PM
:eek: Was I? WOW:cool:

RIDER11X
03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by cdalepilot
way to go yokley on the new LTR450 !

Probably GNCC tracks are wide enough to allow fast running on that machine....Harescrambles would be rough though.

Nice to see Ken Robey faired out well in the stock utility class. Just from the video I've seen of this race in past years, it looks like one of the toughest races of the series.

Great job Ken. We'll be watchin' for ya at the General!:cool:

bradley300
03-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Probably GNCC tracks are wide enough to allow fast running on that machine....Harescrambles would be rough though.

Nice to see Ken Robey faired out well in the stock utility class. Just from the video I've seen of this race in past years, it looks like one of the toughest races of the series.

Great job Ken. We'll be watchin' for ya at the General!:cool:

he has a-arms to get the width down

mxdad
03-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Way to go ACS racing from Langhourne Pa!!! They all did great for there first time racing in the GNCC. Andrew got 2nd, Brian got 3rd, and Allie got 4th. Too bad my team left me behind....:p

Great job guys!!!

Ken Robey
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
What a beater. Took of the line smokin as usual. Felt good and ready to go. Me and four BOMBS. They pulled away in the rough whooped out fields. By the end of the first lap, Mike Swift blew out his rear shocks. I blew out my Works struts on the front just soon after, dropped all the way back to 8th and fought back. Pulled over at the end of lap 3 to get my bearings and checked front end, both shocks were completely shot, no shock action whatsoever, all springs like a pogo stick. Pushed as hard as I could on lap 4 and caught 3 machines, one happened to be Mike Penland who lost all four shocks himself. Finished in a hopefully respectable 4th and literally fell off of my quad onto the ground and layed there for a few until Kevin Johnston came over to help me up. My hands hurt so bad and my back, I can't even explain the pain. No struts for 3 laps, I should have been smarter and pulled out but my ego kept me driving. Bent both sides of my strut towers up and forward almost to the point of the frame being junk, but I hope it will be alright. Alot of complaints after the race about track conditions, this is no lie whatsoever. The entire 11 miles of track with exception of the fields which were a little smoother, was like the whoops section of a motocross race. I have never been on such a rough and nasty course as this. I can't even count on fingers and toes how many times I almost went over the bars. I hope they don't have it at the same track next year, or the attendance will be down for sure, unless they promise a new course. Healing down here in Florida, trying to get some new struts here by Thursday, wish me luck next week and thanks for all the support

prepracing
03-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I completely agree, that was the longest whoop section in history. After I finished riding in the the morning session and I saw John Natalie was going to be racing I figured he would dominate on that track, he did good and if not for some clutch problems he may have been on the podium. I had raced at the other florida location in Paltaka and said I would never race again in florida. But sense last year they moved and had this new location I thought I would give it another try sense I had several friends going down to race. Well after this race I have come to the same conclusion....I will never race in florida again. But atleast the weather was nice, not to mention some hottt bike chicks cruising around for the bike week

BlasterEaten250
03-06-2006, 07:10 PM
does anyone know why natalie was running cross country?

mills_racing
03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
he ran a few last year and he enjoys running them.

BlasterEaten250
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by mills_racing
he ran a few last year and he enjoys running them. ok, thanks, j/w.

BTW, harlen, if your reading this, did you get my pm?

Johnny & Monica
03-06-2006, 07:49 PM
I think it is awesome that Natalie is running some XC races I think it shows what a true Champ he is . To be able to ride xc so well an mx I think he can podium at a GNCC an really shake the pro-class up :devil: Go John

calds650
03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Predator38
yep..Smiley is on an Outlaw this year....Go Matt

What happen to Matt?

GE4x4
03-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Rear Elkas were not dialed in so midway through race put the stockers back on. When I called Elka last week they said they were in Florida doing some R&D on some. I guess they need to do a little more.

WOOLIN
03-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by calds650
What happen to Matt?

Matt blew one rear shock so he called it a day.

TomDnSC
03-09-2006, 09:13 AM
I would imagine having one blown shock on an independent rear suspension would not be much fun in the whoops.