PDA

View Full Version : suzuki 450

foxplaya4life33
03-04-2006, 11:03 PM
so i saw a suzuki 450 at the sand drags today at buttercup and man was that thing fast but i cant figure out why it was out there cause arent they not even sold to the public yet and i know it was a 450 cause the exhaust came out of the middle of the bike

armoks
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=85

:huh

been out for about a month now got to ride one last weekend and was impressed!!:devil:

450robot
03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
yah, they have been out for a while, and alot of people have them, and are happy with them. no one has really justified if they are really that much powerful than the other 450s yet, i think it performs equally in the power department

Diedrich
03-05-2006, 12:59 AM
my buddy rode one and he said on top speed a R would smoke it but its got more torque..but i cant hardly believe that cause my bikes got all the torque i can handle

foxplaya4life33
03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
from what i saw that bike was powerful it was beatin the 450s by at least 4 bike lengths everytime but there was one 06450r that could keep up with him and all that 450 had was a pipe and was jetted

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 09:35 AM
stock for stock..nothing can touch it.

Titanium
03-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ he's right

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 09:39 AM
I think they are junk so far imo, breaking in the first 20 min of riding? I know every quad has bugs its first year but suzuki has never really had something that hasnt had issues its first year.. I was going to get one and to be honest I'm glad I'm waiting till the 2nd year, but even then I'm probaly still going to stick with Honda.

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
i have almost 10 hours logged on mine and all i have had to do was adjust the chain...

450robot
03-05-2006, 10:36 AM
yah seriously! i mean, how many ltr's accually broke in 20 min? probably just one! every quad has one of those lemons out there tat always breaks, no matter what brand, or how new

i have not heard anything bad about them yet, at all, except for a few minor tuning issues that were easily fixed, which is perfectly understandable for a brand new engine and fuel delivery design

CHEVYZ
03-05-2006, 10:55 AM
I had the opportunity to see and race one in person yesterday... I will be sticking with Honda. I wasn't impressed to say the least for such an expensive quad.... not that it doesn't suit someone elses needs well... but for me, it was lacking. Both I and a guy with a 06 450r were beating him through the drag pretty decently. Unfortunately, the guy made me take the screwed up lane every time, and when I did get the good lane, he would back off and kill his bike. :ermm: Anyways, he had a few mods done himself ( Baffle taken out, CB or whatever it is called.... you get the point). The 06 had exhaust and I had exhaust and a cam on my 05.

On another note, I got to talk to the guy a bunch and see what he thought of it. He said that stock, he was very unimpressed. His buddy with a 416EX was right there next to him. He did a few mods to it and he said it woke it up. I didn't really get to talk a whole lot on everything that he had done to it.

All in all, I guess that it kind of fit what I thought of it. Just sharing.

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM
if a 416ex kept right up with him, than whoeever was riding the lt-r simply just can not ride, preiod. I dragged a highly modded kfx426 and just enilated him...

My yfz was slightly modded...enough for me to be able to race it..and i feel 10x more confident on my ltr..and a lot faster.

I guess its just personal preference...but for a few hundred bucks more than a yfz or trx...you cant beat it.

CHEVYZ
03-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Actually, the guy on the LT-R rode well, it was the guy on the 416 who appeared to suck at riding. Launches were terrible. Just my opinion... I would much rather put the money that I would save on another 450 into it and have it smoke the Suzuki.

03-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I think they are junk so far imo, breaking in the first 20 min of riding? I know every quad has bugs its first year but suzuki has never really had something that hasnt had issues its first year.. I was going to get one and to be honest I'm glad I'm waiting till the 2nd year, but even then I'm probaly still going to stick with Honda.

:huh You dont know chit! STFU!!!!

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Actually, the guy on the LT-R rode well, it was the guy on the 416 who appeared to suck at riding. Launches were terrible. Just my opinion... I would much rather put the money that I would save on another 450 into it and have it smoke the Suzuki. i paid the exact same price for my lt-r that i paid for my yfz...i had both when they were first released..and dont regret either one.

so your saying the guy on the 416 couldnt ride very well...but beat the guy on the lt-r who was riding well? either your an idiot and dont know how to decipher the difference between riding well and not...or that wasnt a 416...or that lt-r was not broken in properly.

Hondadudeehhhh
03-05-2006, 12:19 PM
i sat on the ltr at my dealership last week and fell in love. I can't wait until i can ride one.

03-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Actually I have heard from a number of people having gearbox problems besides myself even during break in, and I question the reliability of the quad. Time will tell. As for performance if you take the lid off, baffle out, Cherry bomb and do the same to the YFZ and TRX the LTR is faster hands down, not gonna argue with people because its the plain truth. Center of gravity is low and the front to rear balance is perfect. Performance wise this quad is the best sport quad ever released, and yes I have literally ridden every sport quad ever relesed stock and modified. The LTR is the king of MX off the floor. However that means nothing if you can't keep a gearbox in the thing.

KWAD GAWD
03-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Have your ridden one? Have you EVEN laid eye on one yet?
I assume the answer is NO. Don't judge, you know nothing.

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Have your ridden one? Have you EVEN laid eye on one yet?
I assume the answer is NO. Don't judge, you know nothing. the kid is an idiot...hes owned nothing but pos quads with rattling nuts...

400exrules
03-05-2006, 01:22 PM

stock for stock, powerwise the ltr isnt that great, but once you remove the lid and baffle its equal to or a tad quicker then the other 450's

sure its handleling and suspension is better then the other 450's stock, but off the line, powerwise, its not

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
stock for stock, powerwise the ltr isnt that great, but once you remove the lid and baffle its equal to or a tad quicker then the other 450's

sure its handleling and suspension is better then the other 450's stock, but off the line, powerwise, its not oh, so you have ridden all 3 of them to compare?

the only thing this bike is lacking is a little bit of low end....

willow2679
03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Maybe he was acctually braking in the quad an thats why the good pilot lost against the other:ermm:

MXracer16
03-05-2006, 01:51 PM

sure its handleling and suspension is better then the other 450's stock, but off the line, powerwise, its not

And 9 times out of 10, I'd rather have a better handling quad then one with a little bit more power.

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
:huh You dont know chit! STFU!!!!

OK, Is that why there is 4-5 people in the ltr part that has broken ones, O I guess I dont know chit people complaining about the trannys in them, one guy is having clutch issues, the list goes on.. :rolleyes:

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Futher more, suzuki allways has problems their first year out I know all brands do but, the z400's had frame issues and a list of other stuff, the rmz250s over heated, Dont get me wrong I'm a fan of suzuki I started out riding on suzukis. I'll just never buy a first year model because of things like this.

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:00 PM
the yfz had tranny issues...and the early cranks werent getting oil becuase the oil hole wasnt drilled through...

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Thats what I mean about buying first year models, once suzuki gets the thing soild I'll look into one but for now its time to sit back and see what problems it has, some people think differntly about things then others, I like to get something soild that I know isnt going to die on me :)

CHEVYZ
03-05-2006, 03:04 PM
i paid the exact same price for my lt-r that i paid for my yfz...i had both when they were first released..and dont regret either one.

so your saying the guy on the 416 couldnt ride very well...but beat the guy on the lt-r who was riding well? either your an idiot and dont know how to decipher the difference between riding well and not...or that wasnt a 416...or that lt-r was not broken in properly. No... you are mistaken because I never said the 416 beat him. I did say that he could hang. The guy on the LTR seemed to just be able to gas it and go. The guy on the 400EX had terrible lauches... he really needed to be taking off in 2nd as he was just wasting his time wheeling and trying to reach for another gear.

Put it this way... I can get a new 06 450r RIGHT NOW for $6,000. The Suzuki costs me $7,300 according to my dealer. I really don't care how much it would have costed me... because it doesn't cost that much any longer. Now with the money I save, I will spank that LT-R hands down. Not to mention that first years do tend to have problems and the 450r has already proven themselves to me.

I have to say though, you do have one thing right. I DO NOT know if that was a 416 for sure, and I DO NOT know if that LT-R was broken in properly. I am only sharing information... nothing more.

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM
the kid is an idiot...hes owned nothing but pos quads with rattling nuts...

I work for my stuff sorry it cant be perfect :rolleyes: I guess your just the picture of profection with a brand spankin new quad and a brand spankin new truck sorry I let ya down!

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:10 PM
you would save 1200 dollars roughly buying a trx...put that 1200 back into your trx..race a stock lt-r...

I owned a yfz and had roughly a little over a grand invested in it in aftermarket parts...MX tires...beadlocks...axle...exhaust...nerf bars...and handle bars...

the lt-r already has everything except the beadlocks and nerf bars...the stock exhaust works fine and sounds grea twith the baffle removed...i dont see a point in getting one yet

so realy you arent exactly saving much money, just spending the money you saved on the original quad to get your trx on the same level as the lt-r..

not trying to start a flame war or anything at that, so if my posts seem a bit cocky, thats just how i state an opinion...

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I work for my stuff sorry it cant be perfect :rolleyes: I guess your just the picture of profection with a brand spankin new quad and a brand spankin new truck sorry I let ya down! you work for your stuff...congratulations...so do i.

theTman
03-05-2006, 03:16 PM
honestly.....your all acting like a bunch of 13 year old girls....who cares if someones quad broke and someone elses didnt....

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by theTman
honestly.....your all acting like a bunch of 13 year old girls....who cares if someones quad broke and someone elses didnt.... me and chevy are stating nothing but facts...its nothing more than a debate...i see his point, and have considered it...

now if i just took his post and said hes an idiot, ya...that'd be acting like a little girl...but hell, whats wrong with that? 13 year old girls are hot...

CHEVYZ
03-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I did put the money I saved on my R and raced a LT-R... wasn't that the point in what I was saying? I am not an MX racer, so the suspention on it doesn't impress me at all. I am not spending the difference to make the 450R compete... I am making it an all around faster quad. Like I said though, I am sharing... I could see where you and some others could prefer it for other purposes.

Anyway, have fun on your LT-R. You like it, and that is all that really matters, right? For now I will stick with Honda.

By the way, thanks for the comment nacs. You and myself are just saying what we see and feel. Nothing wrong with that!

CHEVYZ
03-05-2006, 03:23 PM
13 year old girls are hot...

You OK there?

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:26 PM
ya im ok...just gotta take advantage of lifes oppurtunities before its illegal!

old enought to pee, thats good enough for me.

Atkins
03-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Im gonna rape your @ss, Nacsracer, because I think youre hot.

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:43 PM
my life is complete.

Atkins
03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Im gonna push your poop so far up, you'll be throwing it up.

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:50 PM
stop it your making me hot...

back on topic..:o

I cant wait to actualy get this to a real race track and see how it handles compared to how my yfz handled the same obstacles.

03-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
Im gonna push your poop so far up, you'll be throwing it up.

Did you try all mommys medicine when you were little?

Atkins
03-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
Did you try all mommys medicine when you were little?
Im gonna find out what medicine Nacs ate last after I eat his poop.

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
Im gonna find out what medicine Nacs ate last after I eat his poop.

damn your into that scat stuff eh?

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Scat acedemy...

i highly doubt anyone here has seen that video...its pretty intense.

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Scat acedemy...

i highly doubt anyone here has seen that video...its pretty intense.

lolol that movie is more then intense.. bleh sick nuns..:ermm:

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 04:04 PM
there was no nuns in this movie..just 4 german chicks who couldnt have been any older than 20.

CHEVYZ
03-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Haha, this thread has become hilarious!:p

coolex
03-05-2006, 07:08 PM

now if i just took his post and said hes an idiot, ya...that'd be acting like a little girl...but hell, whats wrong with that? 13 year old girls are hot...

the kid is an idiot...hes owned nothing but pos quads with rattling nuts...

u did just call him an idiot

:devil: :D

450rJam
03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
new 450r w/ hrc spanking ltr with cherry bomb and sparky out. dirt drag aprox: 250 feet. consistantly by 4-5 bikes, i wish they would have traded bikes for a few runs but both where launching in 2nd and hole shots where close, at about 100 feet the R started pulling till the shut down. the ltr had great stance and soooo much wider it would have to corner crazy, but at a big handycap in woods.

Warnerade
03-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by coolex
u did just call him an idiot

:devil: :D im talking 2 different people in those posts:o

KWAD GAWD
03-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Why is everyone so hung up on HOW FAST a quad it? That has nothing to do with why Suzuki built this bike! Who cares who wins a drag race? Just becuase you teenagers love to race around the neighborhood and local field on your poopers and brag about wheelies and how fast your quad is, doens't say jack about your knowledge about the brands and the 450s made. All the 450s are FAST! They're 450s! Don't knock every other bike out there because you own a Honda or whatever. It's silly and makes you look foolish.
It doens't matter what bike it fastest, there's more to a machine then the engine. Hello!! Suspension and chassis is more important than anything else. It's about the total package, and SO FAR Suzuki is the ONE AND ONLY manufacturer to step up to the plate and build a race quad.
99% of you LTR bashers have not ridden one. How about acually riding one (not in a circle in a field, actally ride one!) or better yet -owning one, then you just might understand how good they really are. So what, some guys had a small issue? Ever bike his issues! Deal with it, don't bash when you are totally in the dark.

Diedrich
03-05-2006, 10:40 PM
well all i have to say is i have never liked suzuki..i had a sukie bike and a few of my buddys have z's and i dont care much for em..when it all comes down to it i say all the 450's are really close..its all gonna depend on the rider and mods

CHEVYZ
03-06-2006, 04:53 AM
If you were referring to me.... I don't see your point. My post was not to bash the Suzuki.... I was merely saying what happened and what the guy felt and saw of it. The better the suspention and chassis design is, the better right? Yeah, but... the LT-R has the worst stance for what I do. I am no MXer and neither want nor need it. I can see that we all have different interests, but can no one see what I was saying here?

Never knocked another brand either. If I had a chance to get one right now, I would take any of them. But.. I am not going to go and get the Suzuki because it just came out... it has yet to prove itself to me.

rbgnwa45
03-06-2006, 07:11 AM
Does the extra 5" stance on the LTR make a difference in the woods compared to the 450R?

jwick07
03-06-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm 6'3" and 220lbs so kinda big guy you know. When I sit on and ride a yfz I feel like the seat to peg height is to short, and the design of the seat makes me feel like I'm sitting to far forward and on top of the gas tank, me knees hit the bars when cornering, my feet feel to far back under my arse and when I jump it or ride it standing up I just dont feel comfortable. Now on my Honda 450R sock for stock with the Yamaha only the bars felt a little low and the rest of it felt better, thus I bought a Honda over the yammie. Now being nice and polite about it, is there any TALL BIG GUYS (or ladies I dont hate) that have the new Zuki that can compare for me.

Thanks

tanman11
03-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Jwick07,
I'm in the same ball parl as you 6' 2", 225, and feel extremely comfortable on my new Zuk. I've posted in the R450 forums (Finally & Fact Finding Report) People seemed to like it. My best friend has an 06 Honda R with the HRC kits, and yes it is faster. My engine is breaking in, and starting to catch up speed wise, though. The real deal is that neither the Honda, or the Yamaha in STOCK form can touch this quad for handling, and suspension. Before I got this I had a worked Z400, and would rather ride his R. Now I don't want to get on it, it feels too unstable, and I feel like it will flip, or roll at any given moment. IMO only. The handling on the new Zuki is phenominal, especially in the dunes. That is all I ever ride.

400exrules
03-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Does the extra 5" stance on the LTR make a difference in the woods compared to the 450R?

yah, you hit every tree in sight

DVXchic
03-06-2006, 02:12 PM
yah, you hit every tree in sight

I do not agree with that. My DVX is 49 inches wide, and i can fit through the narrowst trails. Its all in the riding skills. You just gotto keep an eye on the trail. IMO.

and the honda 450s have faulty crank rods, if you own a 04-05 450r, and never have opened the motor, you should or you will be in for a big bill. Honda has changed the rods for 06.

I guess i'm saying all bikes have faults, so why do the honda lovers have to bash anything thats not honda?

400exrules
03-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DVXchic
I do not agree with that. My DVX is 49 inches wide, and i can fit through the narrowst trails. Its all in the riding skills. You just gotto keep an eye on the trail. IMO.

those arent narrow trails

MXRACER86
03-06-2006, 02:28 PM
It just seems like alot of people here "want" the suzuki to have problems! They jump all over it and call it "junk" because they heard that some people (5 or less) are having problems, Every 450 out there can have problems, luckly when I bought my yfz450 I had no problems, but I know people who bought theres and there blew up within the first day! Sh*t happens! What are ya gonna do, never buy another bike again? Come on people! Lets just be happy that suzuki has stepped up and made a race ready quad!!!!! And as it not being that fast, maybe stock it is so corked up that it may not be as fast as the other 450's, maybe when you put a pipe and filter on it it will be way faster then the other 450's with the similar mods. And even if the other 450's are still alittle faster so what!!!!! The whole point of this bike is for MOTOCROSS!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!! They never claimed it to be the "fastest" 450! UGH!!!! Just needed to vent! Good Day Everyone!

Warnerade
03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by DVXchic

and the honda 450s have faulty crank rods, if you own a 04-05 450r, and never have opened the motor, you should or you will be in for a big bill. Honda has changed the rods for 06.

I guess i'm saying all bikes have faults, so why do the honda lovers have to bash anything thats not honda? your not going through very narrow trails.

400exrider0004
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I also heard that the ltr has had some problems with the efi and clutch and transmission. I have also heard that stock hp is around 31-32 hp:( But with the CB it should have around the same as the r and yfz. But I would still go with the Honda cause of reliability and you know its a good bike.

Warnerade
03-06-2006, 06:59 PM
you heard its 31-33...with cherry bomb its equal to the others?

with a cherry bomb it puts out 44hp roughly...you dont beleive it? ride one, you can feel it.

i realy wish people would stop going off "what they heard" from people who no one knows....

for god sakes..READ THE REVEIWS, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, RIDE ONE...and quit being narrow minded idiots.

Bush0102
03-06-2006, 07:09 PM
yeah we couldnt put "no portugese" in the ad, but uh..sssssssssssssssss...no portugese...

MXracer16
03-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
I also heard that the ltr has had some problems with the efi and clutch and transmission. I have also heard that stock hp is around 31-32 hp:( But with the CB it should have around the same as the r and yfz. But I would still go with the Honda cause of reliability and you know its a good bike.

Since when are they having EFI issues? I've only heard of about 3 people on here having clutch and transmission problems. On N-Motion's dyno, they dynoed it at about 38 stock and about 43 with the baffle out, the lid removed, and the Cherry Bomb.