PDA

View Full Version : We're the proud new owners of.............................................

dirtmomma
03-04-2006, 08:21 PM
An 04' TRX450R :D:D:D:D FINALLY WHOOOHOOOOO haha yep I'm a happy camper!!
The boy & I went to the local parts house today to get oil/filter for his quad & low & behold they had a NICE 450 sitting there for sale!! Price wasn't too bad, it came w/ AC Pro Pegs,AC wide grab bar which both look brand new, also w/ ITP Baja wheels on all 4 corners!!!! They have a few usual scuffs thats about it, it still has the stock tires w/ about 70% tread or more maybe, & Pro Taper bars, the side cases don't even have barely any scuffs on them from normal wear & tear, other than that it's all stock & thats how it will probably stay until the time comes it needs a rebuild :D It was a repo & then bought @ an auction I guess, doesn't look like they rode it very much!!

Sooo I called the hubby & told him about it & he got in the car & came on over so needless to say he took it for a spin & it came home w/ us:devil:
so now I get the 426 & we already stole parts off my 300 for it :o we put the AC bumper off the 426 on the 450 & my PRM on the 426 it looks GOOD!!!

We are going for a ride tomarrow JUST the hubby & me FOR ONCE so I'll try to get some pics & post them :D:D:D

BTW anyone wanna buy a 96' 300ex w/ some mods, but needs a little love?? :D;):)

2004exrider
03-04-2006, 08:35 PM
congrats, hows the power difference between it and the 426? Whats the future motor mods for it.

Jimmy

PolarisRider
03-04-2006, 08:36 PM
pics!!!!!

dirtmomma
03-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
congrats, hows the power difference between it and the 426? Whats the future motor mods for it.

Jimmy

Well we'll actually know more after tomarrow we only rode it in the parking lot & in the yard a little, but just sitting & bliping the throttle the response is ALOT better & faster.

As for future mods, well when needed we will go w/ the HRC kit & not pump it too much so it stays dependable :)

As for pics YES tomarrow haha

400exrider99
03-04-2006, 08:42 PM
congrats on the new honda you sould get some pics for us

JOEX
03-04-2006, 08:53 PM
:cool:

dirtmomma
03-06-2006, 07:53 AM
OK so we went riding yesterday & had a GREAT time :D It was nice to be on a quad that I can keep up on LOL :o
We raced a couple times, the 426 has more UMP off the line, but in the top thee 450 wins, but hte 426 keeps up well & it's not a total wipe out!!! Plus there was a weight differece too haha ;)
I rode the 450 have to get used to it don't like it NEAR as much as the 426!! Our old honda has WAYYYY more grunt!! Ron likes it, but he still likes the 426 more :) TOO BAD Mister it's MINE now ;);)
WE rode in some snow, mudd, water, dry ground it was GREAT, the 450 had a hella time in the snow w/ the stocker tires, so we will look into getting him a set of Razr's for it!!
Here's a pic of it on the trailer, the other pics aren't the greatest quality as they were taken w/ my phone!!

dirtmomma
03-06-2006, 08:09 AM
WEll here's one I think :rolleyes: my camera is being a POS!!:grr:

awsomeaussies
03-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma

BTW anyone wanna buy a 96' 300ex w/ some mods, but needs a little love?? :D;):)

Just curous, what are you asking? My brothers looking, he just hasn't decided if he wants a quad or dirtbike yet.

la400ex
03-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Looks good. Wish you were closer with the 300ex. Im lookin for something to fix up for my girlfriend and nieces. How much you want for it? Just curious. Uncork the 450 and add a nice pipe. They really wake up a lot. http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1672
Lots of good info on that post and through out that forum. Good luck.

dirtmomma
03-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Well I'd like to get $2 it's got ALOT of aftermarket stuff & runs strong the only thing wrong w/ it is there is a crack inside the case by the wheel that sits on the flywheel I will find the part name ect in a little bit on service honda :) IT WILL NOT BE SHIPPPED sorry :( Unless you have a way to get it shipped ect THEN I would probably take it to be shipped depending on what it entailed :)