PDA

View Full Version : Break in

zerolm
03-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Just picked up my new yellow LTR. The manual says no more than 1/2 throttle for 10 hours for break in. The guy at the dealer says ride normally just don't hold it wide open for continuous periods. I have ridden the bike for about a grand total of 5 minutes in which time I have run it up through the first 4 gears just to see how the power was. I will be going out to the woods tomorrow to ride and just wanted some opinions on just how hard I need to run it. Thanks in advance.

AL Elks
03-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I have less than 3 hours on mine and have had it at wide open throttle meny times.

I use the heat cycle method. First I rode it easy for a few minutes not really too high in the rpm range. Then I let it cool. AFter doing this a couple of times I would ride around hitting the entire RPM range for a few minutes to include wide open throttle and let it cool again. After a few times of doing this I just ride it like I stole it.

Of course you'll get different answers to this question so just decide which way you'd prefer to do it and go for it.