PDA

View Full Version : Track in progress

fast_enough
03-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Well I finally got the go on building my track, there are a few small jumps there but nothing major. I'm gonna start building in the next few weeks, here are a few pics. Sorry for the crappy quality.

fast_enough
03-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Another, I cant wait to get to working on it

PolarisRider
03-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by fast_enough
Another, I cant wait to get to working on it

cant wait to see what it looks like when its done. How long do you think its gonna take you?

BlasterEaten250
03-04-2006, 05:36 PM
you going to use a bulldozer right? I always wanted to drive one of those:cool: its going to be fun when its done for you.

fast_enough
03-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Yup weapon of choice right here http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2071397 i'm not sure how long, but it will be fun. I'll also be using a skidsteer to smooth the landings etc.

Ruby Soho
03-04-2006, 06:44 PM
lucky. i wish i had access to bulldozers and stuff

all i have is a shovel and a wheel barrow

antman
03-04-2006, 06:53 PM
looks like a good spot, i cant wait to see it whan its done...

cosborne
03-07-2006, 07:53 PM
That is a big dozer. I have a skidloader, but not a dozer. I have made a few small jumps, but not a track. Good Luck.

fast_enough
03-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by cosborne
That is a big dozer. I have a skidloader, but not a dozer. I have made a few small jumps, but not a track. Good Luck.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm hoping to really get started in the next few weeks when it starts to warm up.

cosborne
03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
You are going to need some dirt unless you have quite a bit on site. It is supposed to get warm here this weekend. I am hoping to get to go Haspin Acres. Do you know if the cost went up or not?

fast_enough
03-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by cosborne
You are going to need some dirt unless you have quite a bit on site. It is supposed to get warm here this weekend. I am hoping to get to go Haspin Acres. Do you know if the cost went up or not?

I'm not sure if its up or not, It's supposed to be NICE this weekend here. I was wanting to head up there this weekend but I'm not sure if my KFX will be ready or not. As for dirt, most of it will be pushed up, because of all the dips etc. And I'm going to dig alot, and I will let everything drain into a creek right below the pic and hope the water drains and dont sit.

cosborne
03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
That is good that you don't have to bring in a lot of dirt. It sucks when you have to do that. You can make little trenches with your dozer to help channel the water to your creek. I am hoping to get to Haspin sunday if everything goes as planned.

hardkoratvmxr
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
where in southern indiana do you live i am always looking for new people and places to ride with and ride at and you could practice at my track to when mine gets finished

fast_enough
03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
where in southern indiana do you live i am always looking for new people and places to ride with and ride at and you could practice at my track to when mine gets finished

I'm in Washington County, close to Clarksville if you know where thats at. Im not far from louisville, straight north. I've been to Evansville a few times

WheelieMan4
03-09-2006, 07:01 PM
looks like a nice area to build, good luck!!:macho

coolex
03-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho

me 2

Toadz400
03-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Here's a real dozer...

1948 with a Chevy 305 V8 dropped in it with a 4 spd manual tranny attached to the tranny of the bulldozer, so it actually has around 9 gears. Mods include Edelbrock 650CFM 4 barrel carb w/ Edelbrock intake and Hooker shorty headers w/ true dual exhaust...This dozer has awesome power and will push anything, we are actually thinking about welding plates onto the track (can't afford a better track...those things are expensive!) so we can actually get traction. This dozer sounds mean as hell when it's roaring pushing a boulder that's the size of your car...:macho

Good luck on your track and have fun with it.

161xchonda
03-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho

I am not doing any better.:blah: