PDA

View Full Version : BS- AMA rules

scramblerracer
03-04-2006, 11:05 AM
I think they should let them run any fuel they can. As long as the pros have to ride the stock production based bikes we will still get good race bikes from the factory. I don't care if Reed runs diesel and stewart runs jet fuel. It doesn't matter to me. I think that they have taken the rules too far to include things like fuel testing. I assume that they have these rules to keep the factories from killing the privateers. Let the privateers run better fuel than to make it easier for them to compete. I am very glad that there is more than 1 rider that can win each race now. It had become boring. By the way I am a Stewart fan. But I still think Ricky will win until he retires.

zeppelin
03-04-2006, 11:23 AM
the ama has takin everything to far. your absolutely right about the fuel thing. their production bike rule is bs, it might have had good intentions but the factories still get away with carbon fiber gas tanks, magnesium and $15,000 forks. they flip flop too much on every issue and i dont really think they have done that much to help us out. if someone came up with another sanctioning body to compete with the ama, we wouldnt have to put up with this stuff much longer because people would either drop away form the ama completely or the ama would start straitining up.