PDA

View Full Version : sparks exhuast

416 racer
03-04-2006, 10:47 AM
u guys alway say that the saprks is very loud welll here were i live in indiana there is alot and i mean alot of guys running the sparks on there 400s and there loud but there not obnouxous the really got i deep tone to them im getting one upgrading from a white bros slip on my motor is hoped up now and im getting the x-6 now i own three acresof land and when i rid out in thew feild there a hous to my left adn to my right the hous on the left has camplaign 5 times in the last 4 yearsabout the white brothers but the other nieghbors dont care now my quastion is do u think these pipes get anoying aftera long time of riding and the db is 102 is wat i was told from the local racer around here wat do guys think of sparks and give me honest answer bcak please

Ridered416ex
03-05-2006, 10:19 AM
i have the sparks X6 exhuast and yeah it will gvet annoying to neighbors after a while. But they deff give you a good power increase. I think the curtis is louder then your WB.

IanCFitz
03-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 416 racer
u guys alway say that the saprks is very loud welll here were i live in indiana there is alot and i mean alot of guys running the sparks on there 400s and there loud but there not obnouxous the really got i deep tone to them im getting one upgrading from a white bros slip on my motor is hoped up now and im getting the x-6 now i own three acresof land and when i rid out in thew feild there a hous to my left adn to my right the hous on the left has camplaign 5 times in the last 4 yearsabout the white brothers but the other nieghbors dont care now my quastion is do u think these pipes get anoying aftera long time of riding and the db is 102 is wat i was told from the local racer around here wat do guys think of sparks and give me honest answer bcak please

I'm pretty sure this is the most hard to read post I have EVER seen.

#8red
03-05-2006, 01:38 PM
with my x6 on my 440 - I don't think there could be a better exh. for my bike - yeah - yer' neighbours will complain - and for the WORKS series races I now need a quieter pipe with their db limit of 101 - but man - theres no better - and ya' can always get one of those end silencers for the same size endcap (like a little piece that goes in the end of yer' silencer) and put on there if yer neibrs comp. too much

416 racer
03-05-2006, 05:20 PM
do u mean a quite cor super trpped disc and is there anyone els out htere with answers

03-05-2006, 05:56 PM
you can get the supertrapp disk endcap on your sparks, and i think big core is louder

cals400ex
03-05-2006, 10:39 PM
i have a sparks pipe with the supertrap disk setup on it. it is definately quieter than their open core setup. i would be willing to sell it if i could find a core for mine. by the way, this is on a 450r but they may use the same cores. i am not sure

#8red
03-06-2006, 10:31 AM
I didn't know about the disk for them - I bought an insert that goes right in the endcap from the yammi shop ( I think it's made for the yzf450) that has a bunch of small holes in it and used 2 self tapping screws thru my endcap into it - looses h.p. - but it's deff. quieter and I never use it - just for when db.'s an issue at races

416 racer
03-06-2006, 03:32 PM
well im geting my exhuast in two to 3 weeks cuas sparks say the racin season has justopend up for gncc and he sold alot ofpipes for 400exs andi herd a vidoe clip i dont think there that loud the just sound like a quad and im hoping to see a big gain in power and im getting the stander core so it will be loud but not abnouxous

TRX450ized
03-06-2006, 05:39 PM
want to send that video clip that you heard my way? camron_12@hotmail.com

thanks

416 racer
03-06-2006, 06:00 PM
go to powertrain on the exriders forum and typ in curtis sparks exhaust and look thre the listi dont know wich one it is but it on here somewhere