PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

Honda TRX250ex
03-04-2006, 10:34 AM
My brother's 300ex is getting to much gas. We rebuilt the carb but it still is gettting to much gas. What could be wrong.
Could it be the jets?

He has a cutris sparks exhaust BTW.

coolex
03-04-2006, 11:02 AM
its prob the main jet or u could throw a filter on the gas line to slow down how much gas your getting to the carb

ZeroLogic
03-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Ok heres the details and stuff, its a 1998 300ex with a Sparks Pipe, UNI air filter. I replaced just about everything on the carb from the rebuild kit I brought. Everything on the carb is now stock including the jets. I believe their at 125 but not sure. It is getting way to much gas. The clip on the needle is where the Clymers book says it soppose to be at, the third groove. Any help please.

halfraptor
04-02-2006, 06:17 PM
is your carb overflowing from the excess gas or is it bogging out because of it? in my experiance if your float gets bent then your carb will overflow you would see gas coming from the overflow tube. if your jets and needle are right and you are still bogging from too much gas but there is no external signs of it (you can just feel it in the power curve)then this can sometimes be solved by adding air with the air fuel mixture screw on the outside of your carb. set the screw snug then back it out two turns start adjusting from there very slowely.........this is a long process it may take a while but youll get it hope that helps man.....PEACE
VIVA LA 619

ZeroLogic
04-02-2006, 06:31 PM
It wasn't a carb problem but thanks. The timing chain skipped.:chinese:

bwamos
04-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Don't you hate that.

Timing chain being off a tooth or two feels so much like bad jetting.

Acts lean and rich all at the same time.. lol.

Good job on the troubleshooting. ;)