PDA

View Full Version : part out?

stirracing
03-04-2006, 07:00 AM
I took my 01 400ex completely apart to powder coat the frame while I rebuild the motor. It seems like it's worth more money apart. I have an 03 400ex to ride so I'm thinking about just parting out my 01 on E-bay. Anybody have any pro's or con's about putting every little piece on E-bay?

the Z Man
03-04-2006, 08:03 AM
The worst part is boxing and shipping the bigger parts,, I use the post office for most of it, UPS is a pain and more expensive.
Keep the ads simple with low opening bids and no reserve, with ad fees, final value fees and paypal fees look at about 15% costs overall.
Good luck.
Try selling most of it on here and save some money..

Honda#4
03-04-2006, 09:36 AM
u have any pics of it stirracing and what does it all have done to it.what part of wi r u from.

coolex
03-04-2006, 09:43 AM
ya its a lot more work to part it out

TheFontMaster
03-04-2006, 09:58 AM
If you have alot of aftermarket parts, you will get more for the quad if you part it out. Of course it will be alot more trouble. If the quad is mostly stock, just sell it the way it is, or put the stock parts back on if you have them, then sell the aftermarket parts seprately.

stirracing
03-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Hey thanks for all you're replies. Honda #4, I'm from Appleton (Darboy actually). I have some pictures of it before I took it apart, It's in boxes right now and the frame is being powder coated as we speek. I'm going to Shawano Lake today to play around, next week I wanted to go up by Crivitz, do you know if those trails are open even if it gets over 28 deg.? Thanks again

Honda#4
03-05-2006, 07:00 AM
yea they should be mountain and up got another 6 inches of snow the last snow storm we had.