PDA

View Full Version : atk opinions?

450robot
03-03-2006, 09:22 PM
me and my dad started talking about the atk 450's at dinner, and we didnt really know what or how they are doing

does anyone own one? anyone hear anything about them?

any info on the vr (basic) model

badvox
03-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah I have one. Its basically a Cannondale. The VR has horrible front shocks for the amount of hit that the quad has.

If you plan on using that power you must invest in some real shocks.

Where do you live? Maybe you can get a test ride?

450robot
03-04-2006, 09:37 AM
yah, we were looking into the VR, just for the fact that we could choose our own brand of shocks and parts, since were not to fond of ohlins

if you meant get a test ride on yours, im far from ya, man hahaha

if you meant from atk themselves, i dunno were one of there dealers are located

coolex
03-04-2006, 09:41 AM
i was wondering the same thing

Toadz400
03-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Look on their website for locations.

They don't have that many locations, which sucks because there used to be a Cannondale dealership 25 minutes from my house. Now the only two dealerships in Wisconsin are 30 minutes from each other and both of them are 5 hours from me. So I bought the YFZ450, no way I'm driving 5 hours to buy from a dealership.

badvox
03-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
yah, we were looking into the VR, just for the fact that we could choose our own brand of shocks and parts, since were not to fond of ohlins

if you meant get a test ride on yours, im far from ya, man hahaha

if you meant from atk themselves, i dunno were one of there dealers are located

No no not me. I meant the cdale community is really cool. I am sure someone would let you try thiers out if you were really interested.

Go over to cannondaleriders.com and check how many PA guys there are. Most are on the east coast and I know there are guys in PA.

bradley300
03-04-2006, 05:05 PM
i love the ATK's, if there were more dealers, i would already have one

450robot
03-04-2006, 06:22 PM
awsome, we just looked up some dealers today, turns out theres one 30 minutes from our house!

were gonna give them a call, and see if they have any that we can come see