View Full Version : my car cd player ain't working

450rboy
03-03-2006, 08:42 PM
i just got this cd player and its brand new. i got everything hooked up right. the cd player is working. it says on the screen that cd is even playing. i turn up my volume and everything. i just can get no sound out of it. it says its working but theres no sound coming out. i don't know what else to do. i think it might be the fuse but i pulled that out and it looked fine.

can any give me some help or a clue to tell me whats wrong with it. i am dead sure everything is hooked up right too and i am sure the speakers work too.

coolex
03-03-2006, 08:55 PM
are you sure all the wires are plugged in fully and corectly in the back of the cd player

hondaracer2001
03-03-2006, 09:56 PM
try and turn ur lights on and see if that helps...mine did the same thing..it was a ground wire...

450rboy
03-03-2006, 10:34 PM
well every thing works except i can't hair no sound coming out of the speakers

Slinky
03-04-2006, 08:59 AM
what kind of vehicle? what kind of radio? give some specs

400exrules
03-04-2006, 09:04 AM
i say its wiring

450rboy
03-04-2006, 10:04 AM
well it might be a wiring thing but its not the wiring on the out side of the cd player. its on the inside of it and i am dead sure on that. and its a pieneer cd player. well its not in the vehicle yet. i was testing it out on the battery charger and the speaker i had hooked up to it.

but don't forget the cd player was working awsome until 5 min later and there was no sound. but everything else is working alright

and i just check the speaker wires and there is no electric going through them

elite ATV1
03-04-2006, 10:10 AM
the same thing happned to me befor, and for the love of me i couldn't figure it out, so i just went out and bought a caleron CD player an hooked it up everything works fine now...if you still got the recet i say take it back. it might be faulting out an u should still have a warenty on it if is new.

Slinky
03-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by 450rboy
well it might be a wiring thing but its not the wiring on the out side of the cd player. its on the inside of it and i am dead sure on that. and its a pieneer cd player. well its not in the vehicle yet. i was testing it out on the battery charger and the speaker i had hooked up to it.

but don't forget the cd player was working awsome until 5 min later and there was no sound. but everything else is working alright

and i just check the speaker wires and there is no electric going through them
you probably burnt it up by testing it that way. Why would you hook it up to a battery charger to test it?..you should either have hooked it to a battery or wired it into the vehicle. I'd say you should let someone who knows what their doing put it in your vehicle for you

450rboy
03-06-2006, 05:17 AM
i do know what i am doing. and the battery charger i am using is using the same volts and amps as a regular car battery would. i know what i am doing.