PDA

View Full Version : tire size differences????

94F450SD
03-03-2006, 06:46 PM
okay well somehow i put a huge spike or something through one of my front tires last night.it went in the sidewall,came out and bent the rim.one place i went to put a tube in it but no patch behind the slices.i really dont trust it so i went and bought a new tire and rim.figured ill send the punctured tire out to have it hot patched like we do with the truck tires.

well im running 21/7/10 holeshots on the front.i went and bought another 21/7/10 holeshot.same exact tire as what i havebut its an inch shorter than the tires i have.same size as what i have but an inch shorter.is this normal?all the tires on the rack at the store looked the same size.do they stretch or something with use?

Honda#4
03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
maybe theres not enough air in it.

coolex
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
maybe theres not enough air in it.

its either that or your old tire is bald and the other one has an inch more thread than your old one

94F450SD
03-03-2006, 08:16 PM
all 3 have 4 PSI in them the 2 tires are only a month old and have about 15 rides on them,the hairs just finally came off them.its just wierd cuz all 3 tires are identicle except the new one is shorter.my quads lop sided now

94F450SD
03-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by coolex
its either that or your old tire is bald and the other one has an inch more thread than your old one

id say thats possible if the older tire wasnt taller then the new one

ill try to get a picture tomorrow if i remember.

03-03-2006, 08:30 PM
did u say u got a new rim? if so, is it the same diameter rim, sometimes if u put a smaller rim on it will squish the tire out. vice versa....

sometimes u can loose or gain some serious dia with psi, may be worth a shot to crank 60 psi in that tire for a seccond.....

For go kart tires circufracne is curtial. I take the tire and put like 40 psi in it. then put it either in the oven at like 200 or sit it out in the sun. a tire can grow more than u think. only takes a 1/2 inch on either side to make up for the inch that it is shot.

94F450SD
03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
the new rim is the same size as the rim on the older tires.i just thought it was sorta wierd.if it was a rear tire id be worried about it but it should be fine on the front.

03-03-2006, 08:49 PM
I dont see why it would matter, untill u said ur quad doesent look like it sits flat. if it is so bad u can see a change in how it sits I think there is an issue.

JOEX
03-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I have heard through the forums that the actual size of ATV tires doesn't always match up to what is stated on the side wall:ermm:

94F450SD
03-03-2006, 09:07 PM
but the thing is is that all 3 tires are the same tire,size and company on the same size rims.i would expect that they would all be the same size since they are all the same just one is newer than the other two :confused: