PDA

View Full Version : 450r questions

j_cyrus3
03-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I am finally getting around to buying another quad. I am getting a 450r as soon as I get a job. I was just wondering what kind of stuff I could look for when buying one. Axle bearings, wheel bearings, what else? I have heard the 04 model frames are known to crack. Is this true? Someone please post some details, I have done a search but not found really anything much. Thanks in advance.

03-03-2006, 06:49 PM
just check the airbox...see what the oil looks like and ask how often the change it and if they put new oil filters on it. check tire tread, if theres no tread they prob. abuse it...everything else you looked at and rust. check chain and sprockets

j_cyrus3
03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
bump...anything else?

xc400ex
03-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey check everything out the same as the 400, if the frames going to crack it will crack on the tube running above the motor, both sides,mines broke in 2 places there, welded it back and put a gusset kit on it, and broke 2 more places now. If the deal was good enough I wouldnt let that keep me from buying it, cause all the 450r's that have been rode hard no matter what the year are breaking there.

j_cyrus3
03-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by xc400ex
Hey check everything out the same as the 400, if the frames going to crack it will crack on the tube running above the motor, both sides,mines broke in 2 places there, welded it back and put a gusset kit on it, and broke 2 more places now. If the deal was good enough I wouldnt let that keep me from buying it, cause all the 450r's that have been rode hard no matter what the year are breaking there.

Hey Josh, thanks for the information man. We need to go ridin' sometime as soon as I get this thing. Your brother knows how to get ahold of me. Anyone else?

Honda400exrox
03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Listen to what the engine sounds when your there, if its cold out when you go tell them not to be running it before you go, that way you can tell how it runs in the cooler weather

xc400ex
03-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah but what 4 wheeler out there doesnt die a couple of times when its first started in the cold weather?? Hey jake I'll sell mine, might strip it down close to stock or sell it like it is, but it would probably cost more than a new one for me to sell it with everything on it.