PDA

View Full Version : Which bolt kit on ebay?

250r rider 88
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I cant get a reply if they are grade 8 bolts or not anyone on here evr buy form Alloyboltz 504 piece or the 465 piece from fastnerguy?
thanks

Pro1200
03-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I've got the same qustion?? Which bolt set do I buy? I know the stainless steel hex set, but from who?

MossboysRacing
03-03-2006, 08:52 PM
i have one of those kits from fastenerguy, i wouldn't recommend it. 95% of the bolts are allen head. Out of the 465 bolts, i've used only a few and even then, it wasn't where they belong. The bolts come in labeled bags which is nice, but like i said, ive only used a few. They are all metric and come with all washer and Nylock nuts, so i get metric hex head bolts and use the new nylock nuts. Hope that helps some

lee37vernon
03-04-2006, 03:00 AM
i have the alloybolts one and i think its ok .. not really expensive for what you get . just make sure to use the anti seize compound and never mix stainless and mild steel nuts and bolts as they chemically 'weld' themselves together , as to being grade 8 there is a leaflet in there giving you old and equivelent NEW torque settings as apparrently stainless has a different stretch rate , i have also found no problems with the allen heads , in fact i prefer them .they look great. , they will sell you hex head if you ask .hope that helps

machwon
03-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I purchased one of those kits and I don't recommend them either. The allen head bolts suck to tighten. I wish I had just spend the money on hex head bolts for my restoration project. Anyone want to purchase whats left from my kit?