View Full Version : EPIC A-arms for DS650

calds650
03-03-2006, 06:18 PM
The Epic A-arms for the DS650 are not the best design they due not use castle nut with cotter pins. I was very lucky I was coming to a stop when it fell apart on me. I ask if they had any castle nuts that would fit and they say use more loctite. It seams that they due not care about rider safety to me. I was able to find some in about ten minutes at a nuts and bolts shop.

rob-u/21
03-03-2006, 07:58 PM
I ask if they had any castle nuts that would fit and they say use more loctite.
Yeah, that sounds just like them. I dont know why they have such bad customer service. They are always hiding behind their distributors.

QuadJunkies
03-04-2006, 12:10 AM
:eek:

03-04-2006, 12:50 AM
never heard of them before and I guess I dont have to wonder why :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

calds650
03-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Took the A-Arm apart and I think the noise was from the lower King Pin not being fully seated. I have taken it apart clean and reassembled it. The top half can use castle nut from DS650 ball joint. The lower ones I found are too thick going to try nuts for YFZ450 ball joint. The top ball joint I am going to have to wait for a month till some new ones get in with castle nut. I will just ride my Outlaw for the rest of the season.

TBD
03-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by calds650
Took the A-Arm apart and I think the noise was from the lower King Pin not being fully seated. I have taken it apart clean and reassembled it. The top half can use castle nut from DS650 ball joint. The lower ones I found are too thick going to try nuts for YFZ450 ball joint. The top ball joint I am going to have to wait for a month till some new ones get in with castle nut. I will just ride my Outlaw for the rest of the season.
How's it going? The castle nuts from the Yamaha's won't work. They are 10mm and the ones that I believe you are looking for are 12mm. If they are for the Frap ball joint they will most likelly be a course pitch. I can probablly help you out calds650.

calds650
03-06-2006, 12:25 PM
TBD thanks I think I have the lower A-arm fixed the lower nut is a 10mm. the upper one is a 12mm 1.25 (the stock DS650 works fine) I am looking for a new balljoint for the upper A-arm.

TBD
03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by calds650
TBD thanks I think I have the lower A-arm fixed the lower nut is a 10mm. the upper one is a 12mm 1.25 (the stock DS650 works fine) I am looking for a new balljoint for the upper A-arm.
10mm I can't believe that. I mean from Epic I can believe that. I sent you a PM.

03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Hmmm, TBD and his buddies having a Epic bashing thread???? Shocking:o :o :o

If their products are so bad, why don't we hear of failures on a regular basis from people that have no personal relationships with TBD??? I have yet to see one.

Customer service??? Last time I checked, when I had a problem with my FMF pipe, I didn't call the manufacturer, I dealt with the dealer. Same with my quad and any other retail item I purchase. Only in the backward world of ATV suspension do we feel entitled to call the manufacturer straight away to deal with problems.

That is for those companies who need that level of contact in order to cover their butts should somthing go wrong. If FMF, Renthal, or any other aftermarket company had to field customer calls all day long without the filtration of the retailers they would go out of business in no time.

If you have a problem, you go to the retailer. If that fails, you then contact the manufacturer. That is how it has worked since the beginning.

Basic business 101.

TBD
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
Hmmm, TBD and his buddies having a Epic bashing thread???? Shocking:o :o :o

If their products are so bad, why don't we hear of failures on a regular basis from people that have no personal relationships with TBD??? I have yet to see one.

Customer service??? Last time I checked, when I had a problem with my FMF pipe, I didn't call the manufacturer, I dealt with the dealer. Same with my quad and any other retail item I purchase. Only in the backward world of ATV suspension do we feel entitled to call the manufacturer straight away to deal with problems.

That is for those companies who need that level of contact in order to cover their butts should somthing go wrong. If FMF, Renthal, or any other aftermarket company had to field customer calls all day long without the filtration of the retailers they would go out of business in no time.

If you have a problem, you go to the retailer. If that fails, you then contact the manufacturer. That is how it has worked since the beginning.

Basic business 101.
Mrbluehair, I have no need to discuss anything with you but if you would like I could bring up some very damaging Epic stories. How about why they can't get Frap ball joints for one. As for business 101 a good company always wants direct feed back on issues. To have a dealer try to answer a techinical question would be nuts. Look I even left the Row story out. Man that one could really hurt. It hurt him bad. If you insist on going further with this I'll do the same.

rob-u/21
03-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Only in the backward world of ATV suspension do we feel entitled to call the manufacturer straight away to deal with problems.

That is the part of our sport most of us riders/racers love. To be able to contact and have a personal relationship with the manufacturer.

calds650
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
mrbluehair I bought from EPIC direct. I even had to take my swingarm back twice because it did not fit. I ask for castle nuts and was told all I needed was loctite. It still fell off. I was very lucky I had just stop when the tire fell over 60 seconds earlier I was doing about 40 mph. I am tired of there lack of caring about rider safety. Some day someone is going to get killed racing their A-arms if they due not change there ways.

03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
i was thinking of buying their a-arms too cuz their only $400. gess im not any more

TBD
03-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by yamaha yz426ex
i was thinking of buying their a-arms too cuz their only $400. gess im not any more
Just to straighten this out the arms that you are talking about for 400.00 do not use the pin design that is bieng discussed.

calds650
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
I now have castle nuts all around it might be safe to ride again. I did not get the YFZ450 nuts I got LTZ400 castle nuts and they fit perfect. If EPIC got off there lazy rear and look you can find many places that had them in bulk. I guess EPIC does not care about rider safety just money.