PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

fast_enough
03-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Alright, heres the deal I'm gonna just tell you how it went and maybe a few of you can help me. I rode it 2 days ago, and it ran like a top. Then while riding it acted as if it had ran out of fuel, open lid up in take it looked fairly low, so I put it on res. But that did not help, so i made the trip home. Then I went ahead and put gas in it and filled it to about half tank at least. Still ran like this, so I pulled it in the shop, and heres how it acted. It would almost rev all the way up, but it would cut out and miss trying to get there, but it would almost rev all the way up when you held it open, then it would drop all rpm's and then rev back out and drop down and it would repeatedly. So I tear it down, check plug, some carbon build up, so I cleaned it and put it back in still same results. So then I cleaned the carb repeatedly also checked all lines for pressure and it all checked out. I cleaned the filter and I checked to make sure the choke was working properly, and again everything checked out. Also I cleaned the tank and all its components, and checked the spark and it was great. I checked a few other things out, and everything is checking out. I had the motor rebuilt not long ago, and spent $1100 just so I knew it got done right. I know of all the timing issues with these, but I donbt believe thats the issue with mine, it just seem like it to me. The motor sounds great and tight inside. Quad doesnt burn oil or anything. I'm thinking its electrical and possibly the CDI, I've heard of problems with alot of the CDI's too. But I'm no expert mechanic, let me know what yall think. Any help is appreciated greatly, thanks again.

AirGuitarMaster
03-03-2006, 06:29 PM
get a meter and check it