PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be boxing this week-end i need sum tips

enduro400rider
03-03-2006, 02:56 PM
me and a bunch of freinds from school are having a big boxing match at this kids house this week end. its totally organized so please dont flame. its basically one on one matches, were using real gloves so we dont get to messed up. well any way what are some tips for boxing, im not real big, but im tall. 6' 2" but only 145lbs. anybody got any tips for boxing? thanks

coolex
03-03-2006, 03:00 PM
if you are versing some one short with short reach and becaus ur tall u have long reach u want to stay away from them and make long but fast punches in

insaneracin2003
ummm,keep your gaurd up and dont get hit

400exrules
dont get hit

derekhonda
hands down at your side, head waaaay out front

wilkin250r
03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Their first time boxing, everybody tries to throw huge haymakers.

Forget it. Use your left hand and jab, then back up. Jab, then back up. Throw a right-hand on occasion.

Then, throw a left to the body. ;)

True boxers are trained to keep their guard up, and just absorb a body shot. Your buddies won't, they'll drop their guard to try to block it. This leaves their face wide open. So you throw a left at the body, and then imediately throw a hard right hook aimed directly at their now-exposed chin.

This is the exact reason they canceled boxing in gym class at my high school 10 years ago, and have never had it since. I knocked Bill Simpson out cold. The coach had to put smelling salts under his nose to wake him up 3 times.

03-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Me and my friends did that a couple times. The first time we had no idea what was going to happen. So the kids went all out, and one got messed up a bit.

The second fight was with one of the kids with the first fight and some other kid. It was the most p-u-s-s-y fight in the world. We got all on film...

part 1
http://www.emactive.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=94

Part2
http://www.emactive.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=157&Itemid=94

Defiantly watch them. There funny and you could use it as a "what not to do" video lol.

now I gotta throw a plug to my friends site. www.emactive.com (its not riding so I hope it doesn't break the rules or anything.)

antman
03-03-2006, 03:44 PM
most important thing is to keep your hands up so you can protect your face

FMF450R
03-03-2006, 03:51 PM
ALWAYS keep your hands up, throw your punch/jabs and bring them back to protect your face. As fast as your throw a punch/bring it back faster! Wear head gear, even tho your all friends, sh*t gets outta hand. No one wants to get hurt. Set up your jab to keep distance & set-up combos. I rarely throw (1) punch.

Use your forearms/elbows to block body shots if in a corner, twist like your doing abs. That way, u still protect your face.

Keep your head moving (harder to hit). Stay balanced, keep your feet under you at all times. Don't over-reach throwing punches, this throws off your balance.

When you throw a cross, twist your fist. Sit down on your punch. Hit with your index finger & middle finger knuckles. Keep them in line with your wrist & elbow. This give the most force @ impact & prevents injuries.

The list goes on....... :D

Remember: Throw more punches than him, bring a BIG bottle of Advil or better yet, PAINKILLERS.

Sneak in an elbow once in a while. Its not fun without 'em.

FMF450R
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm jealous....wish I was invited. :devil:

chunky
03-03-2006, 04:06 PM
after my 7th grade year we had a boxing tournament in a girls back yard with her little sisters wal mart gloves....one kid got a boody nose and i had to fight a kid who was 6'1 and i was 5'4....i somehow knocked him down by smokin him in the ribs but we didnt have a championship because nobody had that ambition to get hit in the face anymore...its fun either way

pastfast125
03-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I only watched that first video, but that was disgusting, your friends fight like 4 yr old girls. It was pretty funny watching it though.

enduro400rider
03-04-2006, 12:17 PM
hey thanks for all the tips, i try to let you all know what happened after tommarow. two out of three people im fighting are alot shorter than me so i should have the reach on them

Titanium
03-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Me and my friends did that a couple times. The first time we had no idea what was going to happen. So the kids went all out, and one got messed up a bit.

The second fight was with one of the kids with the first fight and some other kid. It was the most p-u-s-s-y fight in the world. We got all on film...

part 1
http://www.emactive.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=94

Part2
http://www.emactive.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=157&Itemid=94

Defiantly watch them. There funny and you could use it as a "what not to do" video lol.

now I gotta throw a plug to my friends site. www.emactive.com (its not riding so I hope it doesn't break
the rules or anything.)

Wow u guys suck... specially when u guys turn ur faces the opposite way before u try and hit the person. i don't think u guys could hit a barn if it were right in front of u.

03-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Wow u guys suck... specially when u guys turn ur faces the opposite way before u try and hit the person. i don't think u guys could hit a barn if it were right in front of u.

Haha I wasnt in any of those fights but yeah, those two suck. They cant fight worth **** and there the biggest **** talkers in the world. The one kid was on some kind of drug too hah.

blasteracer24
03-04-2006, 02:38 PM
hit them as hard as you can when they leats expect it. Tell everyone they whould touch gloves before the fight but right when he comes in, dorp him liek a bad habbit. get this on tape too.

omaits
03-04-2006, 07:20 PM
float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

knighttime
03-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
hey thanks for all the tips, i try to let you all know what happened after tommarow. two out of three people im fighting are alot shorter than me so i should have the reach on them

haha, i cant wait to read what happens tomorrow. fighting 3 guys may be tough as far as endurance goes.

Mxjunkie
03-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Best advice you can get, hit them in the nose as hard as you can, their eyes water up and they cant do a damn thing, beat the chit out of them while they are still in shock.

400exrules
03-04-2006, 07:59 PM
what helps the force of your punch? benchpress?

Mxjunkie
03-04-2006, 08:14 PM
everything really, gotta have a strong body

deadlifts- back

bench- chest

curls- arms

Mxjunkie
03-04-2006, 08:37 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2155383301257398578&q=boxing

check this dude out, fast as a mofo