PDA

View Full Version : 400ex killing the 450r's and yfz's

SHADETREE101
03-03-2006, 06:03 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/iwin.jpg

just a reminder it can be done. keep riding them hard.

BLEEDRED
03-03-2006, 06:05 AM
And I'm sure rider experience has nothing to do with that picture. Right?

SHADETREE101
03-03-2006, 06:08 AM
that was the whole shot, if an inexperienced rider rode mine, the power would still pull them through it.

250r4life
03-03-2006, 10:16 AM
no, it wouldnt have to neccessarily be the rider... hsi 400 is pretty worked if you look at it... you could make a blaster beat that 450s if you put enough work into it...

jason43050
03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
probably a photoshop picture, its awful blurry lol

curious george
03-03-2006, 10:41 AM
yeah those 450s look fishey next to the 400ex pluse the farthest one back looks like a 05 400ex :huh

exrider008
03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
that pic is not photoshop his 400ex is really worked i forget what he runs it on but its no pump gas. and a 400ex can beat the 450 if they have enough done to them

250r4life
03-03-2006, 12:44 PM
you're right he runs alcohol, not pump gas... that helps... by nitro does he mean NOS? so bewteen the big bore, the port and polish, the high comp piston, the bigger carb, the akly, and possibly nos, he is beating 450s by a little bit...

#8red
03-03-2006, 01:22 PM
hey man - I smoke 450s all the time on my 400 - just mostly on a track -

400exr
03-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Yes, the 400 powerplant is outdated, but it doesn't mean it can't be made to perform. With enough work a 400 can take the 450's. Of course if you work the 450 just a bit, then you can forget ever being beat by a 400. I've taken many 450's on my 400, and I'll keep doing it.

250r4life
03-03-2006, 01:59 PM
track and drags are two different things... track exploits variances in rider ability a lot more...

premiumtommy
03-03-2006, 04:12 PM
all that quad is missin is a turbo!!!

keep it up shadetree

EXevan91
03-03-2006, 08:07 PM
ya someone buy a turbo kit on a400 and see what it does to the 450s

SHADETREE101
03-03-2006, 08:34 PM
you can ask anyone that runs with me. i changed the oil in that bike by splitting the cases. always blowing the tranny into pieces. yeah it ran real hard but i think i have pushed its limits. no nitrous. it was nitromethane for fuel, that is what made the biggest difference. i put it back on gas for the wife to ride. now she has a 14:1 426 drag cam ported and polished 400ex. no it is not photoshopped, it was taken off a dvd camcorder at st.joe state park in missouri. the funny thing was it took a 13:5:1 450r with the hrc cam and nitro to beat it. it was all in the chassis set up. i could holeshot so hard they would have to catch me. i was also outrunning a 686 raptor built by rdz. it was great watching them scratch their head wondering what just happened. i used to love when a 450r pulled up and asked if i wanted to run 'em. i would alsways ask if they were sure they wanted it. but by no means was i the big dog. crazy c that runs a 450r built rather well was the one i could never catch. just saying it can be done in your garage. i built this all myself, and will again put it back on nitro probably mid summer.

03-03-2006, 08:43 PM
where did u pick up the nitro methane?

just currious.

thats what my rc cars run on:) . stuff is like 30$ a gallon tho:eek:

where do you get it, how much, u know if u can put it in gas... I dont think so. mabie u know somthing Idont... probly

Im looking to build my 400 so it will give a 450r a run for its money.

so far I have a hotrods hd crank, a 12:1 je piston at a 416 bore.. not the 426 but I dont have the money to rebore it just yet.

Im thinking of running a nitous set up over a methinol set up. why, because of lazyness. I would like to get a little more info from u on exactly the procedure u have to folow to run methinol. If Imissed one step running it in my 4 stroke brigs engine on my go kart the thing would run like crap.

SHADETREE101
03-04-2006, 05:17 AM
with 12:1 compression i wouldn't spray much nitrous. maybe 20 horse shot max. and you'll probably have to run the colder spark plug to get away with that. you'll melt the tips right off. hopefully you are gonna run the boondockers kit. it is pretty much a fool proof system. and i would hook up a fuel pump to keep it from leaning out. the alcohol i can pick up here locally for 2.50 a gallon. the nitro additives are about 10 bucks a pint. i won't say how much nitro i used because people will start blowing their engines. but i ran way more than recommended to get the power i was after. you can buy straight nitro from klotz for 50 bucks a gallon and blend your fuel yourself. you have to jet way up when running nitro. what steps are you talking about in the go-kart. you mean mixing the fuel?

03-04-2006, 06:01 AM
yes I was thinking of the 20hp shot. I havent looked into any nitrous kits yet, But I was acutally leaning twards a "wet" kit rather than boondockers which I thot was a "dry" kit.

My motor is semi built for it. I have put the hotrods hd rod in. I was going to run a lower compresion, but red up on ppl that where running 12:1 w/ nos with no issues, just have to be more careful.
see I would run methinol in a seccond, but I race this bike to, actually I havent riddin a dune in my life. all I have is mabie a cupple sand pits, then the track. so its not like I just set it up for the day and go fourhweeling, I kinda like to jump on it, ride for 15 min, then go do somthing eltse.

as for procedure with my go kart,
first thing I would do is take the carb off and cleen it out, replace all diaphrams with new ones, cleen every pasage out good.

next take fule pump apart, put new gaskets in that.

run for day, change oil 2 times.

to shut kart off I had to first run it on gas/wd40 mix. we where told this was to get moat of the methinol out of the motor.
They told us if we left the methinol in the motor it would draw in moisture and sieze up. which it did to one guy, his backup motor sat for a month, went to use it and it was stuck solid.

SHADETREE101
03-04-2006, 06:16 AM
i never had to purge my carb, but it doesn't hurt. get a lectron carb from packard then you can have one set up for alcohol and keep your other for gas. not hard to swap them. for 300 feet you won't need a fuel pump. if you read up on the boondockers kit it pressurizes through your cabr. it makes it a wet system, from what i understand. your 400 motor is gonna be more forgiving than the go-kart motor. i had a jr. dragster also on aocohol. teh rings in a brigggs motor allow alot of blow by. your 400 won't as long as the rings are good on your bike, no need to change the oil that much. i changed mine after every ride day but i ran it real hard. never milky from the alcohol.

parts eeter
03-04-2006, 07:15 AM
I am interested more in this alcohol thing.How much per gallon,at what point is it beneficial to run alcy?Compression,mods etc?

SHADETREE101
03-04-2006, 08:14 AM
you don't mix it, you run straight alcohol, or called methanol. no gas mixture. straight. you have to either convert your carb or buy one that is already done. the lectron is probably the easiest to tune and you will have to tune it every time you take it out. beneficial. big gains in torque. i went from gas running a 14/38 gear to running a 16/40 on alcohol. with a 9 paddle tire. alcohol loves compression and alot of timing. the more compression the better. and your engine will run cooler. alot cooler.

you can also run a bigger carb than normal. i was using a 44mm lectron, most people on gas run a 38mm lectron. let it breathe.

parts eeter
03-04-2006, 09:39 AM
What I meant was how much does it cost per gallon?? I realize its not a mix.Is it commonly found where? And why is daily tuning required??The cooling effect of alcohol is why I am interested.If the daily tuning thing cant be remedied I wont use it.I seem to remember riding a ex that ran on alcohol,but its been along time.I remember because I raced MX and my buddy had a MX EX and wanted me to try it on his personal track.I remember jumping it with the zps and bustin a set of 40 ft doubles off a 180 corner with no problem and the suspension (ZPS) was Plush and SMOOTH on the landing.I loved it,but didnt have any comparison at the time,since I rode bikes.I do remember the float bowl was clear?

03-04-2006, 09:52 AM
:huh :huh :huh um, we are talking about engine compresion not suspention...

well, there are rules against running nitro in the go kart. they test my fule... every time, expecialy me. But I could run a skosh in the oil for an undetected approach.

But if there isnt to to much to it, I may buy the acohol(sp) carb, and keep my gas carb. swaping a carb takes all of about 15 min tops.

thanks for all the good info, keep it coming.

oh and methinol can be bought throu vp race fules dealer, they sell it. it is about 2.50 a gallon, but ur gas miliage as I understand it is pretty much cut in half.

SHADETREE101
03-04-2006, 07:37 PM
the alcohol can be purchased here in missouri near my home. we have a fuel delivery called home service and we can pick it up there anytime. usually around 2.50 a gallon. alcohol is effected by temperature just like a two stroke. once you get it close small adjustments are needed. you do burn twice as much as gas so you need to buy twice as much but it does pay off for drag racing. i don't know if you could finish a race on a track with it. throttle control you can forget. alcohol likes a load on the engine doesn't run well when letting off or running like steadily at half throttle. and drag racing i only had to tune for wide open throttle.

sarah_mx07
03-04-2006, 08:35 PM
niiceeeeeeee. thats what i like to see! i've beat 450's.. on the holeshot a few times. it can be done, yes. but its true, the rider has to have somewhat to do with it..

cals400ex
03-04-2006, 09:01 PM
shadetree, i have ridden at st joe state park before. not a bad place to ride. do you run extended swingarm or a-arms on that bike? maybe we will meet up sometime down there. i don't go much as i do have a decent drive. we were thinking about going within a few weeks but we will have to see as me and my friends have different spring breaks.

by the way, do you know of a z400 down there that hauls ***? my buddy went down there and he has a 13.5:1 470 yfz and he said this z400 was clearly pulling on him though the gears when dragging. he said everything looked stock on the bike (appearance wise) and i think he said it was running a white brothers pipe. i know this yfz hauls as he can beat my 450r without too much problem. i run a 12.25:1 piston, hrc cam, sparks or rossier full pipe, modded air box lid, dyna ignition, etc in my 450r. to see a z400 go that fast must be amazing.

03-04-2006, 11:23 PM
the whole wide open throttle or nothing sound fumiliar. I think I'm not event going to bother with it.

My gokart, if I went anything under like 2k it would stall. lol, wicked aggresive cam. and when racing, half throttle the thing would chug and pop, so I obviously ran hammar doun. durring caution, forget it, I still ran a good 40mph around the track. any slower and the karts would crap out in about 1 lap.

Mabie if I get into any sort of drag racing I will give it a shot. But for now I will just get a nos set up..

But nothing would be able to beet the look on ppls faces when I would be fuleing up with methinol. (cleer) they would think it was watter. lol

SHADETREE101
03-05-2006, 07:24 AM
yeah i run a 5 inch over swingarm from a 250r. you will see me down there either on a blue banshee and i usually will bring the 400 also. no extended a-arms. it can still run with the 450's but not like it used to. the z400 you are talking about is stewbings. it has the athena 435 kit and cams. 5 inch over swingarm. and he just bought my 41mmfcr carb. yeah it runs real good. it is now killing the yfz's and 450r's. his bike was dyno tuned and pulled some real good numbers.i think he hit 50 horse, and it makes a load of torque. we all had a little hand in making that bike run. if you see a white 250r running down teh banshees with a huge side pipe then i am probably there.

hope to see yah there.

300ex_#387
03-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by SHADETREE101
yeah i run a 5 inch over swingarm from a 250r. you will see me down there either on a blue banshee and i usually will bring the 400 also. no extended a-arms. it can still run with the 450's but not like it used to. the z400 you are talking about is stewbings. it has the athena 435 kit and cams. 5 inch over swingarm. and he just bought my 41mmfcr carb. yeah it runs real good. it is now killing the yfz's and 450r's. his bike was dyno tuned and pulled some real good numbers.i think he hit 50 horse, and it makes a load of torque. we all had a little hand in making that bike run. if you see a white 250r running down teh banshees with a huge side pipe then i am probably there.

hope to see yah there.

Is that a yellow z400, and does he have a powdercoated pipe?

450rJam
05-05-2006, 06:12 PM
a proper built 400ex will eat a 450r (unless its built as well)
type in "fire breathing 250x" and search the net
its a 250x built to the max that eats banshees up comp hill at glamis. (it has a +10" swinger)
its a good example of "he who has most money can go fastest"

Angus
05-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Why the hell would you dump thousands of dollars into a 400ex just to say you can beat either a stock or just piped and jetted 450r? I guess some of you must have more money than brains.

SHADETREE101
05-05-2006, 09:18 PM
i have very little invested into my engine since i do all my own engine work, made the swingarm, and used extra paddles from my banshee. i did the port work, valves cost me 120, cam 100, piston 150. and carb 250. that is it. just the right combination. i have ran down a 686 from ftz racing led him out the door by 3 bikes. a 450r with 13:1 piston hrc cam, and port work, with full spaks pipe. a ds 650 by mr. hp. hardly stock bikes. think before you speak.

05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
hey shadtree, that looks like ST.JOE STATE PARK, right? p.m and i'll meet u to ride up there, I have a 450r

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 06:51 AM
detuned the bike for my wife to ride. but you can go to big river and run the sand drags to try and beat my times. i do still have the slips. matter o fact you can come down to st.joe and race all the bikes i did beat up on any weekend. they will all be there, and yes it is st.joe.

weekendracer91
05-06-2006, 07:00 AM
i can walk all over 450r s and yfz 450s!

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 07:28 AM
AFTER ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE POSTED ABOUT THE THE TIPS AND TRICKS TO THIS ENGINE AND REPLIES TO GUYS THAT NEEDED HELP FIXING SOME ENGINE PROBLEM. YOU COME ON HERE AND DOUBT MY ABILITIES. I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS THREAD JUST TO SHOW THE OTHER EX RIDERS THIS BIKE CAN BE MADE FAST IF YOU WANT. I ALSO PUSHED THE ENGINE TO IT'S LIMITS. MY 400 WAS BY NO MEANS THE FASTEST BUT I NEVER RAN NITROUS. 911KID RAN 2 TENTHS FASTER TAN ME IN 300 FT. HE MADE A CUSTOM ROD TURNING HIS BIKE INTO A 515EX. SO CHALLENGING ME WITH YOUR 450R ON A BIKE I BUILT LAST YEAR IS STUPID. YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST ASKED ME FOR HELPFUL HINTS ON YOUR MACHINE AS I HAVE RESEARCHED THE ENGINE ON ALL OF THE 450'S . OR ASKED WHAT PERCENTAGES OF NITROMETHANE COULD BE RAN IN IT TO PRODUCE MORE POWER. BETTER YET YOU COULD HAVE ASKED FOR ADVICE ON WHAT YOU CAN TO TO YOUR TIMING TO MAKE YOURS RUN FASTER NOW AS MOST JUST ADVANCE IT AND THINK IT HELPS. BECAUSE I AM SURE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT THE LITTLE DETAILS OF YOUR BIKE TO GET THAT EXTRA BANG, OR HOW TO MAKE AN 8 PLATE CLUTCH FOR YOUR BIKE WITHOUT BUYING ONE.

450rJam
05-06-2006, 08:00 AM
they just dont understand the thrill or humor in a huge upset,
like buster duglas beating mike tyson
like a ford pinto beating a corvette
no one is saying tyson was a wussy
or the vette isnt fast
its just funny and a great topic of conversation when the underdog gets the best of a "sure winner"
perhaps shadetree just likes a challenge, (not just anyone can
make a 400ex that fast without dropping in a hayabusa)
it was his time and his money that built it so no one should have
a problem with it.
I have a 450r and if I got beat by a trx90 I wouldnt whine, I would
wonder how the heck did that guy do it, and have to check it out
and pay my respects.
THATS JUST ME

ducman998r
05-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Im with you shadetree.. these guys are just jealous at guys who can wrench their bikes to perform the way we get them to. Theyd rather buy the newest and greatest off the showroom floor and act like theyre the best on the track. It doesnt take much to do that.

It wont be long until guys like us will be porting and polishing and pushing every ounce of HP out of 450s to beat stock "YFZ600s" and TRX 1000s 10 years from now. Why? Cuz its fun.

Keep it up Shadetree... ive been takin notes from your post FYI. After my front end is done... time to revamp the engine

98DAK
05-06-2006, 09:07 AM
perhaps he had the 400 before the 450 came out and dosnt find the reason to sell it and lose more money rather than modding his probably already modded 400

05-06-2006, 12:06 PM
I will race u anytime with my 450r.. I know u'll be eatin my sand, shadetree... I have Laegers front end, Laegers +2 Swingarm, Durablue axle, Yoshimura Pro Series carbon fiber full system, dyno jet kit, pro design cut off, ITP sandstar, hot cams stage 3, athena 480 big bore, barnett racing clutch kit, rav max rev box, PWR radiator, ICAT spark enhancer, 13:1 Wiseco high compression piston, fullbore racing black fenders, I call for a race..... my 480R vs. a 400ex.... I smell a 400ex gettin its ace kicked

450rJam
05-06-2006, 12:47 PM
lmao,
like the guy that flips you the bird on the highway (after he is taking the exit)
shadetree already said he gave it to his wife detuned.
take your 450r (im not saying its not fast as heck).
and try to beat his times.
man if muhamid ali was still in his prime I would kick his ace !!!

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 04:54 PM
you're a day late and a dollar short. i have already moved on and you should do the same. if it makes you feel better you can race my sons lt50 and rub it in his face. he is 6 and can handle losing.

Angus
05-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Surely hope you weren't refering to me with some of those remarks there Shade. I was refering to those that DO SPEND thousands extra on their 400s or whatever just to say they beat that bigger bike. POINTLESS! And I am in no way bashing 400ex owners, as I am one my self and I know most of the little tricks that can be done so you aren't out spending a ton of money on sh*t that really doesn't need to be done.

Just my 2 cents..

ladyluckracing
05-06-2006, 05:40 PM
hey it sounds like a awsome setup, im building a 426 12.5 to 1
je piston, web cam, full port and polish, intake and exhaust
valve up one size, 450r carb, hardended rockers and springs,
head stud kit, rev box, full pro curcuit t-4 exhaust.

But how much weight do you take off the flywheel ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

Every body that i have talked to can not give my a
direct answer.

05-06-2006, 05:53 PM
you're a day late and a dollar short. i have already moved on and you should do the same. if it makes you feel better you can race my sons lt50 and rub it in his face. he is 6 and can handle losing.

trust me, I can handle losing.. I go to st. joe and find the 2-strokes like banshees and 250R's and just try to get somin competitive and I race them... But me losing to a 400 I don't settle for even though a banshee is 350cc and a 250r is 250 I just cant handle losing to any 400... I exspecially dont think u will meet a 450 at st. joe that u are going to beat that setup on your bike is not great... u run off alcohol... WOW! and race gas... I run on race gas and what Im tryin to say is I will blow the plastics off ur 400 and i go to st. joe to drag race about twice a month and I get beat by YFZ's and LT-R's so I dont think u won against a 450... sorry but I just dont think u did ur setup isnt fast enough... my 460ex I sold like 3 months ago will smoke urs and I beat my old 460ex by 7 lengths and I race it all the time to see where my 450r needs to be at in races, and I sold it to my bud who goes to st. joe with me and gets beat by other 400's and I have 2 other freinds and they both have Bombardier DS650 and they get beat by 450's up there... so what Im sayin is St. Joe just is to competitive and there are too many decked out 450s for u to be beatin those guys!!

04raptor
05-06-2006, 06:34 PM
shadetree put your bike back together and race this guy so he shuts up

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 06:45 PM
you asked for it son, now your gonna regret posting to everyone that i smacked your ***** till it was the color of my plastics. it will take me some time to convert it back to drag, but it is on. and by the way, no excuses, the distance will be marked with two riders watching the finish. you will see that it is more in the set up then in the engine after all. genius you just stirred up a hornets nest. and yeah there are alot of really fast bikes at st.joe i own plenty of them. so enough smack talkin, this thread is over until i get it race form again. shouldn't take me long. hope your $hit is tuned in. just another notch to carve for me. and i will let everyone know when it is gonna happen. best two out of three.

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 06:47 PM
none of the shots were targeted at you.

GPracer2500
05-06-2006, 06:48 PM
http://www.alldeaf.com/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

ducman998r
05-06-2006, 06:58 PM
WHOO HOO!!!! Where is this St Joe... ill fly in from NY to see this go down!!!

05-06-2006, 07:02 PM
o ya just what I wanted... shadtree to come to st. joe and leave with a frown... this will suck *** for you comin to st. joe for a pure ace whipen... theres no lien on the results either if u beat me Ill admit if I win u better be d*** honest.... p.s my freind has a 2003 kfx400 all tricked out and wants to get in on the fun!

05-06-2006, 07:04 PM
st. joe is in PARK HILLS, Missouri... It is a great park and has sand flats and trails... I look to be whipin shadetrees ace... I have a freind with a KFX400 lookin to race you too.. and another with a modded Kawaski Brute Force750

450rJam
05-06-2006, 07:29 PM
lets get this on video for all those who cant make it..
please post the date with as much notice as possible, I will make the trip just to tape it and post for the everyone to see.

05-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Im ready for this.. the 450r is in the shop as we speak... gettin a engine rebuild.. Im not gunna ***** out I also have a LT-R450 with ITP sand stars, Yoshi cherry bomb, and Yoshi carbon fiber complete system.... Im not gunna ***** out I will race him with whatever I have availible preferibly the lt-r ... he better be eatin his wheaties cuz he aint beatin this man!

05-06-2006, 07:59 PM
hey primetime....you have gotten yourself in to deep..hey shadetree could that 400 of urs beat that one incrediably fast z400 up there at st joe???

05-06-2006, 08:04 PM
ITS A 400EX ... I'VE HAD ONE THEY SUCK... SLOW AS **** i will win both races and send shadetree home packin

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 08:08 PM
by .2 on the track, about three bike lenghts. hahahah he has my carb right now, and i showed him how to set it up. we are going to switch him over to nitromethane also. by the way his name is stewbing.

05-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I beat that Z400... he has a rooster on his bumper, and a white Bros w/green tip... yup yup hes got sand tires too I beat him buy about 3 lengths as well... He got me off the line 2 outta 3 times and I always cought up with my 450r in the top range.. I never raced him with my lt-r.. me and you should be a good race I guess and I am anticipating the challenge

miller821
05-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Ya man someone tape this.. I gotta see it.

05-06-2006, 08:19 PM
wow...if these bikes are the bikes i am thinking of, this is going to be one hell of a great race....who ever loses can be this sites official *****

05-06-2006, 08:23 PM
:grr: RACE ON!!...... I cant wait.... I cannot race in May or beggining of July...but rest of summer i'll be ready.. Im racin u with the lt-r my lt-r is a project at the moment and I wanna race with it for fun. Just cuz I always race the 450r and I wanna feel somin new

05-06-2006, 08:29 PM
those ltrs with a few mods are HELLA FAST, my bud has one waiting on his trinity 493 big bore, but damn it straights rips with yoshi pipe, pim, and no air box lid

05-06-2006, 08:32 PM
primetimes project quad could have anything on it...thats hope it doesnt have 493 big bore, yoshi pipe, no airbox lid, porting, high compression piston, or shadetree better install nitrous or a turbo or something

05-06-2006, 08:38 PM
primetimes project quad could have anything on it...thats hope it doesnt have 493 big bore, yoshi pipe, no airbox lid, porting, high compression piston, or shadetree better install nitrous or a turbo or something

we'll see... I wont have a big bore but I'll have a cam porting, Yoshi exhuast, cherry bomb, sand tires, removed airbox lid, and high comp. piston... and............................................... .................................................. .............. I WIN!

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 09:39 PM
already backing out with your honda? and the only 450 that beats stewbings z400 is crazyc's.

450rJam
05-06-2006, 09:44 PM
one of the two of them is doing alot more bench racing.
and back stepping.
primetime you claimed your 450r was going to do some spanking
now its your ltr. what is next ? your hayabusa ?
dont sound like shadetree is talking smack he just accepted your challenge and now it sounds like your trying to re-arange your claim with the 450r.
if your changing bikes does that mean shadetree can also ?
is this going to become a "my dads car is faster than your uncles"

just my opinion but I say you run what you bragged on!!!

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 09:53 PM
what is this crap about can't race when, you are asking me to reset up my bike, get it ready to come down and wait for you to get your act together. forget it man. you already have shown me you're not worth doing this and listening to the wife all summer waiting for you to not show. i've got my time slips go to the track and if you come close, post the times and i'll bow to thee. then i'll go to the track again and beat that time.

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 09:54 PM
backing out with your honda, then you can race my other bike with your ltr.

SHADETREE101
05-06-2006, 09:55 PM
this thread got down with the syndrome quick.

bh2285
05-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey-

Nice quad I must say...Im from st.louis and will be down at st.joe alot this summer...I just wanted to ask do you have a HD timing chain in that beast. I think I have a little slop in my chain I have a ticking noise after I let off the throttle and its not the valves. You can see my setup in sig.

450rJam
05-07-2006, 08:00 AM
alot of you guys ride at st. joe state park
I am about 5 hours away, I'm comming over this spring with the wife and kids, how is it riding there ? I hear they have a little of everything. sand - trails - hills
I tried to do a search but the 3 letter thing is hard on me.
sorry about changing the subject but prime time dont want to race..........he just tossed gas on a fire to watch it burn.

05-07-2006, 01:15 PM
st joe is a great place to ride, i usually stay on the flats all day with my kfx...unless i have my brute force, then its trails and mud

05-07-2006, 01:17 PM
:eek2: ummmmm.... when did i say i didnt want to race??:ermm: I am just going to race my lt-r and 2 of my freinds are gettin in on the race as well and Im lettin my freind race my 450R cuz I wanna see where my lt-r is in races I'll race him with both. I exspecially dont think shadetree is tellin the truth so I mostly am more excited to tell everyone he didnt show then to say I beat him... because that pic may be of him takin a pic of a race at st. joe it is reallly impossible from the pic to tell if its a 400ex either... but if he aint lien I wanna race him and that stewbing guy u claim u know... u dont know because I talked to that guy after we raced and his name is josh patterson and hes from Peroria, Illinois... time to quit lien shadetree..

04raptor
05-07-2006, 04:20 PM
sure does look like a 400ex to me

05-07-2006, 05:59 PM
u cant even tell... Its a far shot away... that could be another 450R... or maybe he took a picture of someone else racin... and claimed it was his.. :rolleyes:

05-07-2006, 06:03 PM
hey shadetree are you running paddles on that 400...cause if you are and the other bikes arent...good paddles can make up like 3 bike lengths which kinda defeats the point that you can beat 450r's and yfz's with a 400ex

400exrider707
05-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by primetime#12
I will race u anytime with my 450r.. I know u'll be eatin my sand, shadetree... I have Laegers front end, Laegers +2 Swingarm, Durablue axle, Yoshimura Pro Series carbon fiber full system, dyno jet kit, pro design cut off, ITP sandstar, hot cams stage 3, athena 480 big bore, barnett racing clutch kit, rav max rev box, PWR radiator, ICAT spark enhancer, 13:1 Wiseco high compression piston, fullbore racing black fenders, I call for a race..... my 480R vs. a 400ex.... I smell a 400ex gettin its ace kicked

SHADETREE, it was at this point that you should know that this kid is not worth racing....honestly who puts down that they have black racing fenders...thats going to make your bike fast??? and since when does hot cam make a stage 3 for the 450R, Im sure they only do that for the 400 but nice try.:rolleyes:

SHADETREE101
05-07-2006, 06:48 PM
like i have a reason to make some stuff up about beating the 450's. and yeah the guys name is stewbing, look him up on planetsand, first name is mike. i am tired of being called a liar by someone who is all knowing, but yet knows jack. as of right now, i told you you can go run at the track and beat my times if you think you can. yeah it is a 400ex i still have it. stock cylinder. now as far as the other bikes, yes they were running paddles look at the growth in their tires, normal tires have very little growth, but then again i wouuldn't expect anyone to use their head on this one. this picture was taken off of a dvd camera, crazyc was filming it. you know i don't need you to believe me, you can ask all the (fast) drag racers about the bike. since your bike is so fast i find it hard to believe that i don't know you. weird. and i guess this drag blaster that outruns the 450's doesn't exist either. and i dare you to contest it as it was the top eliminator for bonne terre last year. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/100-0011_IMG_2.jpg

SHADETREE101
05-07-2006, 06:52 PM
here are a few of the bikes i run around with now, it won't be hard to find me, just look for the fast bikes and i'll be in the crowdhttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/100-0004_IMG_3.jpg http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/100-0007_IMG_4.jpg

here's a closer picture oif mine so you can see the engine.http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/400ex1.jpg

now let's see what you got.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/100-0018_IMG.jpg

and anotherhttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/100-0015_IMG_4.jpg

Angus
05-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Sounds like "primetime" is getting a little skeered. Atleast show us some pics of that 450r, oh and please find a better resource other than Dirt Wheels for the picture

PismoLocal
05-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Ya im thinking you guys should video tap ethe race and post it on here this is Awesome.

stokes01
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
well it looks like to me one is for real and the other is not. i have a built 400ex and i know how fast it is, and is going to be this year. so he could be right and the other guys expensive 450r could be in trouble. i pm'ed you shadetree, hit me back or give me a call i woan to ask you a few things. not argue with you like these guys.

rummerd
05-08-2006, 03:04 PM
And how about some more info on how to make an 8 plate clutch setup without buying one? That would be very interesting info.

#8red
05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I've heard from a few ppl that you use 250r clutch plates to fit 8 in w/out buying a "kit"

SHADETREE101
05-08-2006, 03:33 PM
i posted this info a couple years ago. you use your 400ex fibers, add one and then use the 250r steals, add one. the 250r steals are thin enough to fit the extra fiber and steal in there. you must use an aftermarket forged clutch basket or it will rip off the ears of the stock basket. you could also have the stock basket machined to fit the extra plates but in my opinion you would be tempting fate.

rummerd
05-08-2006, 03:46 PM
and just springs for a 400, or are they the same, 250r and 400EX? I have the high dollar Hinson setup in my quad, but my wife's quad is about due for a clutch, its a pretty nice 426.

SHADETREE101
05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
you just use your stock springs.

trx400EXtreme
05-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Huh?

05-09-2006, 03:36 PM
It's funny to hear these people mouth a atv they have never seen, only because shadetree has pics,,, ( shadetree those rear tires are as big as my atv... what are those 24 or 25??? that quad is nothin special... a good lookin quad but I don't think it holds near st. joe time records... If you say they do you are smokin some ****... because they have some mean 'ol banshees up there that will beat ur lil 400 in 3rd gear... I have raced some of those banshees and I got enilated faster then I could kick into 3rd so I doubt u can hold any type of even close time records... and u can p.m me anytime and I'll come up to st. joe...

bmurray
05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
guys I don't know if this 400ex is it or not, but I have seen a 400ex at St.Joe clean up on every 4 stroke it ran against. I didn't get a really close look at it, but there is one really fast X down there sometimes. Hell it may be a 650ex, who knows.

05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
yea I have seen a 400ex that hauls to and that 400ex is not this, that 400ex is actually running with a snowmobile engine in it and It beats 2-strokes... there is also a DS870 down there that won the St. Joe Drag last year by beating a decked out 250R by about 5 lengths, I was as well drag racing and faced the DS870 in the 3rd round and I didnt know what it me until I could open my eyes in a cloud of sand.... that 400 is not anywhere near what I have seen at st. joe..

TRXRacer1
05-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey Shadetree! You should take that trike to trikefest in July at Haspin Acres. They have a prety serious drag comp for trikes there (MX too).

nicktrx400ex
05-09-2006, 06:26 PM
nice bikes and that 400ex looks real good but how fast does it go?

SHADETREE101
05-09-2006, 08:09 PM
the 250r of which you speak is owned by matt haynes, my neighbor. the ds870 is owned by jeff ross of peidmont. by hte way the ds is now mounted ona full molly drag chassis. how is it that i know all these people on a first name basis and still don't know you, that's weird. matts 250r is a 330 esr cylinder that he ported. oh yeah and do any of the banshees look similar to this one:http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/banshee3.jpg

because this is mine also. 7 inch over swingarm, full drag port, 36mm keihin carbs, shaved head, timing adjusted, reeds ported, billet intakes, geared. and the question about my tires, if you did any real drag racing then you would know why i run these at st.joe.

RangerRick
05-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Sweet banshee man!:cool:

SHADETREE101
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
i pretty well insist that all my bikes look as good as they run :devil:

SHADETREE101
05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
winter project for my twins. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/dragster1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/dragster3.jpg

ducman998r
05-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey Shadetree... you planning on throwing sand paddles on the dragsters?? Ha!!! That would be a sight

jdboy
05-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Check out the NSDA website. It's the National Sand Drag Association, 6000hp top fuel rail's with paddles.:eek2:

SHADETREE101
05-10-2006, 11:49 AM
this is what my dad started playing around with for this season:http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/dadsnewone2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/dadsnewone3.jpg

he decided the low 10 sec. 71 split bumper camaro which is street legal just wasn't fast enough for him anymore. so he decided to run a 8.0 sec 67 camaro on alcohol. this car is sponsored by home service oil company. just to let you guys see where my bloodline comes from. my dads 71 camaro was the slowest in the family until he picked up his new ride. our family also has a prostreet 56 belair that runs low 10's , and 69 rs camaro that runs low 10's. i sold my 66 chevelle to get into this sport and buy the twins a few toys, so i guess now i am the slowest in the family. funny how it all started by going to the track to watch me run my car. i still have so much more fun running the drag bikes, nothing replaces the feeling of holding on to the handle bars as tight as you can, and accelerating through a wheelie. i got truely addicted to this sport and owe it all to matt haynes and art for introducing me to sanddrag bikes.

05-10-2006, 02:40 PM
not to add any fuel to the fire, and those are pretty nice bikes shadetree, but I as well am a pretty consistent rider and dragracer up at st. joe and I have not once seen any of those bikes... I am there 3-4 times a month... And I have to agree with the primetime guy because I always see ALOT faster of atvs at st. joe.. maybe u just go different days then I go, but I havent seen u there but I garuntee you if u wanna go get some competition I can go out and find it, I know one of my buds has a DS870 who runs at St. Joe and at Cowtown and wins every race, and If one of ur freinds REALLY has a DS870 what kind of engine does it have, cuz there is only 1 engine that fits in a DS that is a possible 870 or even to be possible to be a 870... and I have 2 other guys I met at St. Joe one with a decked out banshee that is white (not like yours) and another is a Z400 that is fast... And I met all those guys at st. joe and know them all very well.. however Brad, who owns the DS870 is my best freind and Chuck and Ben are the other riders we met at st. joe... Chuck races the banshee and Ben races his Z400..

nicktrx400ex
05-10-2006, 03:00 PM
not to stirr anything but aint it wierd that showtime_#3 just registered today and already found this thread?:ermm: :eek2: :eek2: hate to pop ur bubble primetime#12 but uve been cought!:D :D :D

05-10-2006, 03:41 PM
not to stirr anything but aint it wierd that showtime_#3 just registered today and already found this thread? hate to pop ur bubble primetime#12 but uve been cought!

:huh .. actually no, because I know primetime and am freinds with him and was tellin me about this and told me where it is... and I go to St. Joe alot with Ryan (who is primetime#12)... he has a nice 450R, and a nice project lt-r, they both are fast but the R is definitely faster... and primetime vs. shadetree would be a good race but I think shadetree thinks too highly of himself.

nicktrx400ex
05-10-2006, 03:59 PM
post pics of yaws rides if there as cool and fast as yaw say.

05-10-2006, 04:09 PM
hey shadetree were you at st joe the one day when there was tons of drag racing going on by the entrace to the flats.....and then some kid on a 400ex crashed bad into a dirtbike...that was the first time i had been to st joe in a while and what a day it was

05-10-2006, 04:19 PM
wat is this big argument about???

450rJam
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
lmao @ the primetime twins,
funny how everypost #3 has replied to has been in defence of
#12,
nicktrx400ex you caught him with the old hand in the cookie jar.
that is just flat out funny.
I would like to thank you for the laugh out loud anticts I have been reading.
my cheeks are starting to hurt a little from this big grin.
it does make it hard to believe the other posts.

05-10-2006, 04:35 PM
that is pretty funny

miller821
05-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
lmao @ the primetime twins,
funny how everypost #3 has replied to has been in defence of
#12,
nicktrx400ex you caught him with the old hand in the cookie jar.
that is just flat out funny.
I would like to thank you for the laugh out loud anticts I have been reading.
my cheeks are starting to hurt a little from this big grin.
it does make it hard to believe the other posts.
LOL compare allballracer111 to the 750rider.. They both have the same sig. and 750rider was his old guy... BUSTED... Makes me laugh at how they try to pull stuff off these days, starting to make it to easy..

nicktrx400ex
05-10-2006, 04:46 PM
i aint that hard to figure out when they both have # somthin and when primtime got his self in a hole and thought he could get out with a fake friend i d.

05-10-2006, 04:48 PM
that is funny stuff...i felt there was something going on with all these post and no pictures

SHADETREE101
05-10-2006, 05:01 PM
i had just finished getting my banshee back together because my left piston exploded the weekend before at st.joe. then my boss caled me in to work a saturday event. man i have never been so pissed off in my life to get called in to work. days like that i would like to throw my cell phone through a wall. my banshee is tuned in pretty good, and i have ran quite a few heat cycles on it already so it should be ready for the next nice weekend. i will be leaving town for a funeral shortly so this weekend is probably out. they took my grandmother off life support five days ago. as all in our family she is racing right to the end.

05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
did u get to go to st joe that weekend when the kid crashed into a young dirtbiker...i no there are tons of accidents up there but if u were up there that day i know who you are

05-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
LOL compare allballracer111 to the 750rider.. They both have the same sig. and 750rider was his old guy... BUSTED... Makes me laugh at how they try to pull stuff off these days, starting to make it to easy..

compare "ride hard man" to "mittimj" LOL BUSTED....mittimj had over 2000 post and got banned....is that saying somethin

05-10-2006, 05:21 PM
dude im trying to start anything....yes i have been banned once...but i WAS not this 750rider guy....i got banned like 2 months ago and jsut started getting back on here again

05-10-2006, 05:32 PM
ya, I was primetime#12 and I re-registered... and guess what.... THIS MOTHA****A will be back... AND THE SOUTH WILE RISE AGAIN... *****es.. ok im dun... a special thanks to.... (SHADETREE).. ya your a douche.... (nicktrx400ex).. you as well are a douche. and to (ride hard man)... you top the charts as biggest douche ever)... and joex.. (topped that so ride hard man is now #2)... oh and who cant forget...(450rjam).. it just became official... YOUR A ***GOT... and thats all u can ban me now....

P.S... see u ***gots later... my next screenname will be: ltrpower.. just a message so the modderators can do good work and keep bannin me while they eat there coffee, and donuts...

miller821
05-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by allballracer111
compare "ride hard man" to "mittimj" LOL BUSTED....mittimj had over 2000 post and got banned....is that saying somethin
???? LMAO nice try... But try again buddy..

miller821
05-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by showtime_#3
ya, I was primetime#12 and I re-registered... and guess what.... THIS MOTHA****A will be back... AND THE SOUTH WILE RISE AGAIN... *****es.. ok im dun... a special thanks to.... (SHADETREE).. ya your a douche.... (nicktrx400ex).. you as well are a douche. and to (ride hard man)... you top the charts as biggest douche ever)... and joex.. (topped that so ride hard man is now #2)... oh and who cant forget...(450rjam).. it just became official... YOUR A ***GOT... and thats all u can ban me now....

P.S... see u ***gots later... my next screenname will be: ltrpower.. just a message so the modderators can do good work and keep bannin me while they eat there coffee, and donuts...
LMAO... Are you trying to make me mad, cause i'm smiling after reading that... Grr... Why can't I be number one though:mad: LOL at least you tried though:p

450rJam
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
that fella said
"oh and who cant forget 450rjam"
but he put me last as if he almost did forget me.
thats it.....................he is off my x-mas card mailing list.
but on the atv side, I just got my graphics kit on and I love it.
I got pics but it says they are too big, Ill have to wait until my kids
get back home so they can show me how to reduce it.(I ride better than I computer)

miller821
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
that fella said
"oh and who cant forget 450rjam"
but he put me last as if he almost did forget me.
thats it.....................he is off my x-mas card mailing list.
but on the atv side, I just got my graphics kit on and I love it.
I got pics but it says they are too big, Ill have to wait until my kids
get back home so they can show me how to reduce it.(I ride better than I computer)
LMAO I think hes getting madder than we are..:devil:

JOEX
05-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by NOBALLS
did u get to go to st joe that weekend when the kid crashed into a young dirtbiker...i no there are tons of accidents up there but if u were up there that day i know who you are
How's the weather in St. Louis?:ermm:

SHADETREE101
05-10-2006, 08:07 PM
it has been raining for two days solid. if it doesn't stop tomorrow you will need paddles, and i don't mean the tires to ride at st'joe. this weekend.

SHADETREE101
05-10-2006, 08:08 PM
can you do me a favor and kill this thread? thanks

miller821
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by SHADETREE101
can you do me a favor and kill this thread? thanks
You created it so you can delete it yourself.. I forget how, but I know you can.