PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing help A.S.A.P!!!

ride red
07-20-2002, 10:00 AM
I am drag racing this Mon. at are local County fair and I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions that would help me out. I have trouble keeping my front end down on the start, any suggestions how to keep it down and would a 14 sprocket help me out more...Thanks for any help

MichaelS693
07-20-2002, 10:15 AM
welllllllll if you really want to keep your front end down make some struts they are like metal bars you take your shocks out and put these bars in place but if you dont wanna botyher with it just put your weight on the handlebars and be real far up on the bike then when you take off and your going scoot far back also dont let off the throttle keep it down the whole time and pop the clutch through every grear like dont like grab it pull it back just pop it that should be about all you need to know

oj250r
07-20-2002, 01:38 PM
just lean forward and start off in second gear..

ATV_MAN
07-20-2002, 02:23 PM
Make sure your weight is to the front on the take off. Dont just sit straight up lay down sort of for areodynamics. A 14t sprocket would actually make your front end come up more than it does now.

kc 300EX
07-20-2002, 04:09 PM
Getting your front end lower will help. Either by having a lowering kit( "L" shaped bracket that will higher the upper shock mount thus lowering the quad) or reaplacing your shocks with either strut like stated above, or a shorter shock, like from a 300EX

nakomis0
07-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Just straddle the gas tank, keep your body low.

And most important, on the holeshot.. use the clutch to keep the front end down. After a few practices of just working the clutch lever, you should be able to keep the front end down with no problems.

2nd gear and up, you can just pop the clutch basically. To get a faster shift in them gears, just pull the clutch in about 1/4" and shift. Almost using no clutch.

And with your mods a 14 tooth would prolly work pretty well.

Winged Warrior
07-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Less aggressive tires like turf tammers will help!