PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Tractors or 2 smokers

250xdude
03-02-2006, 08:45 PM
It's been a little boring lately, so what the heck, I'll get the popcorn!:D

coolex
03-02-2006, 09:52 PM
are you asking if we like 2 strokes or lawn mowers:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

3-D Racing Dad
03-03-2006, 04:50 AM
I think he's asking 2-stroke or 4-stroke???:confused:

250xdude
03-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by 3-D Racing Dad
I think he's asking 2-stroke or 4-stroke???:confused:

You got it!

Lawn Tractor= 4 stroke
2 Smoker = 2 stroke

Sorry if some people didn't get it. I'm just trying to stir the pot a little. :devil:

I've been very impressed with the Honda 90s lately, I think if I was to get a new mini again it would be a 4 stroke. Main reason would be the reliability.

But can they really keep up with the 2 strokes or leave them in the dust? With both fully modded.
We don't get to race much where I live (not much for mini quads here). So I really don't know.

wvspeedfreak
03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
All we have ever owned are the 2 strokes and so far we have had minimal problems.However,if we didn't own a mini at all and I was going to buy one it would probably be a trx90 just for the reliability factor.And after seeing the one ROBBSRACING posted,I am really liking the Honda.:cool:

wvspeedfreak
03-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 250xdude
You got it!

Lawn Tractor= 4 stroke
2 Smoker = 2 stroke

Sorry if some people didn't get it. I'm just trying to stir the pot a little. :devil:

Oh,by the way...don't try to stir the pot in the mini section.It is one of the few sections left where it stays pleasant :) ;)

Spike99
03-03-2006, 10:42 AM

For trail riders, it isn't an always YES or NO reply to the question.

Based on my Trail Riding experience with diffent brands of 90cc minis, here's my feedback:

- For Water / Mud / Crud (especially above the running boards), go with a 4 stroke - that has sealed stator, sealed tranny and sealed electrical system.

- For hills, 4 stroke with "bull low" gearing.

- For dry sand dunes, 2 stroke with Power Mods.

- For flat dry ground, 2 strokes.

- For long term reliability, go with Honda 4 stroke.

- For quick and easy POWER MOD upgrades, go with 2 strokes.

- For more control of torque, go with 4 stroke.

- For ease (and fun) of spinning, go with 2 stroke.

- For auto tranny (which many new riders like), go with CVT.

- For better control of power torque, go with semi-auto that has "bull low" gearing.

- For comfort in following someone, ensure the person in front drives a 4 stroke.

I guess my feedback would be "it depends on one's unique riding conditions".

Hope this helps....

KILLER EX
03-03-2006, 11:52 AM
the trx90 does not have a sealed stator

Evana13
03-03-2006, 01:31 PM
i'll take on any lawn mower with my kasyalater lmao

BlasterEaten250
03-04-2006, 05:26 PM
my 2 stoke engine never let me down, but the trans did:( That 90 was pretty peppy though.

Arctic Cat Dad
03-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I've always been a 2 smoke man myself. Michael has a fully modded 70cc 2 smoker and it rips. But I have to take very good care of it maintenance wise. But he is REALLY hard on his mini's.

But his 06 Honda is the way to go. I've never been a Honda man but this mini is the Best mini on the planet. It's built like a tank. My buddy has an 02 Honda racer and it will flat out fly. And the only thing he has to do is change the oil after every race. and a new piston at the start of the year.

So if I had it to do all over again the Honda would be my choice. I asked my son if he had to sell 1 mini what 1 would it be. He said get my Honda some more HP,I love how it handles. And It's stone stock. Can't wait to blow the cash to make it rip!:D